Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Christian Yelich broken kneecap

Fouled a ball off himself. Out for the season.

That sounds painful

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    That sounds painful
    https://twitter.com/DirtyJSports/sta...294206976?s=09

Ummmm yeah

Baseball is a cruel ***** sometimes. Sucks for the Brewers and Yelich.

They spoke to the brewers GM and he was all smiles during his interview. This man was probably screaming on the inside, LOL.

Sucks for the brewers since they are in a tight race for the wild card, if not the division and Yelich was by far their best hitter. Looks like another MVP for him either way. What an amazing trade. Who would have thought.

I don't think hell win mvp anymore. It was close and may have favored bellinger anyways. Even with him struggling, an extra 20 or so games of counting stats for bellinger will only help the cause in my mind. Plus yelich potentially leading the brewers on another late playoff push would have been a good narrative for his mvp campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    They spoke to the brewers GM and he was all smiles during his interview. This man was probably screaming on the inside, LOL.

Sucks for the brewers since they are in a tight race for the wild card, if not the division and Yelich was by far their best hitter. Looks like another MVP for him either way. What an amazing trade. Who would have thought.
    I think this injury pushes the door wide open for someone else to win NL MVP, though I'm sure Yelich will still get some votes.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

What a cruel game this can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I don't think hell win mvp anymore. It was close and may have favored bellinger anyways. Even with him struggling, an extra 20 or so games of counting stats for bellinger will only help the cause in my mind. Plus yelich potentially leading the brewers on another late playoff push would have been a good narrative for his mvp campaign.
    Kershaw won an MVP in 2014 while missing the entire month of April. So it's possible.

Yelich has 580 PA's this season. More than enough in my opinion to earn an MVP.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Yelich won’t need surgery and he has a 6-8 week recovery time

Best case news. Surgery would have sidelined him 8-10 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Kershaw won an MVP in 2014 while missing the entire month of April. So it's possible.

To be fair, that was a very underwhelming year for position guys. Two non-Yelich guys already have a higher bWAR than any other NL guys from 2014. If yelich was head and shoulders above the others pre injury, but he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    To be fair, that was a very underwhelming year for position guys. Two non-Yelich guys already have a higher bWAR than any other NL guys from 2014. If yelich was head and shoulders above the others pre injury, but he wasn't.
    Exactly. Everyone close to Yelich (Bellinger, Acuna, Rendon, Marte, etc.) will likely need to fall on their face for the remainder of this month for him to have a real shot.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post

hamels and cueto were up there but not close enough for it to warrant taking it from kershaw... its bellingers and it shouldnt even be a discussion at this point

Other than defense, Yelich is way better than Bellinger. I would rather have Greinke up with the bases juiced in the WS than Bellinger. Cody packed most of his offense in 2.5 months. Yelich is a pure hitter all year.
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings
    Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams

Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast