Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Breaking: Antonio Brown Named New National Security Advisor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Breaking: Antonio Brown Named New National Security Advisor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yea. Unfortunately in rape cases the victim has to go to the ER pretty soon after it happens so that they can inspect and potentially collect evidence. I was reading an article on this the other day, and they said out of 100 cases 70 don't get reported, 25 didn't go to the police soon enough, 2 did and the accused gets jail time, and 3 are fake. The article talked about how the large numbers that don't come forward at all or quick enough talked about the over publication about fake accusations played in their decision to not come forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Even there you said “potentially” get evidence. It’s often tough to prove that the sex wasn’t consensual. Most rape cases aren’t a guy in a dark alley abducting you and raping you. They’re usually people with connections that make the argument it was consensual believable. So while I hate that women feel like it’s not worth coming out because they won’t be believed I also don’t see how that could not be the case if we give people the right of innocent until proven guilty. I really just don’t see it. I just hope that karma works out and people who are guilty are found guilty.
    This is a civil suit... No criminal charges. The burden of proof is substantially lower in civil suits and I'll use a phrase that Pats fans are all to familiar with. "More probable than not."

In a criminal case you have to be found guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. In a civil case, you just have convince the judge/jury that it's likely that it happened.

The reason that she didn't file criminal charges against him is what you alluded to... There's no way that she could present the necessary burden of proof.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Reasoning like this is why so many actual cases of sexual assault and rape don't come forward.
    Oh my can’t we just take this on a case by case basis and stay off the horses? The sjw is leaking out my screen reading that.

Guilty or not, the NFL should suspend this piece of garbage until the court case is settled.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Guilty or not, the NFL should suspend this piece of garbage until the court case is settled.
    I Hate AB, but why?

Exempt list? Maybe. But he shouldn’t be suspended until an investigation is done. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    I Hate AB, but why?

Exempt list? Maybe. But he shouldn’t be suspended until an investigation is done. Jesus.
    Because we all know the whole AB to NE is fishy as hell and if they want to pull shenanigans so should the NFL. And AB is a piece of garbage. Stick it to them when the opportunity arises. Simple as that.

Also Tom Brady & fam must feel great having a guy live in their house who is dealing with these particular accusations.

Imagine the unfortunate event NE sleazes it’s way to another Super Bowl “win” and the case isn’t settled yet. The League’s commissioner would be up there on the podium with AB flashing the pearly whites and having to be all jolly congratulating him. The images going all over the world. God forbid AB somehow ends up the MVP of the game. And then a little while later he is found guilty.

Can’t have that if you are the NFL so better make sure you prevent it from happening.

AB brings just wonderful baggage,gotta admit that there are times when certain players are guys that I just do not want doesn't matter how talented.

oh my can’t we just take this on a case by case basis and stay off the horses? The sjw is leaking out my screen reading that.
    t r i g g e r e d ?

I just find it kinda odd that women decide to wait a year or two to make rape accusations. Rape just seems like a pretty serious offense, almost like it should be dealt with immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Imagine the unfortunate event NE sleazes it’s way to another Super Bowl “win” and the case isn’t settled yet. The League’s commissioner would be up there on the podium with AB flashing the pearly whites and having to be all jolly congratulating him. The images going all over the world. God forbid AB somehow ends up the MVP of the game. And then a little while later he is found guilty.

Can’t have that if you are the NFL so better make sure you prevent it from happening.
    I thought if the league designated a player as a special exempt status, they are effectively "suspended" and cannot participate with team activities, attend games, or be anywhere near NFL functions? Is that not still the case, or am I thinking of a different league???
    "Why can't we tell the world that [as the Raiders' coach] you refused to play games in the segregated South, holding out to the point where they were canceled?' And he would stop me dead in my tracks and say, 'Hey, kid -- I didn't do it for publicity. I did it because it was right.' "

I Hate AB, but why?

well, there is precedence to do just that.......inconsistently applied, but precedence
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I thought if the league designated a player as a special exempt status, they are effectively "suspended" and cannot participate with team activities, attend games, or be anywhere near NFL functions? Is that not still the case, or am I thinking of a different league???
    I am not an expert on NFL rules, but if NE would still have to pay him all the time this would be a great scenario. Whatever works to get him out of here

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast