Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 347
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,852
    Breaking: Antonio Brown Named New National Security Advisor.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    14,301
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Breaking: Antonio Brown Named New National Security Advisor.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18,756
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yea. Unfortunately in rape cases the victim has to go to the ER pretty soon after it happens so that they can inspect and potentially collect evidence. I was reading an article on this the other day, and they said out of 100 cases 70 don't get reported, 25 didn't go to the police soon enough, 2 did and the accused gets jail time, and 3 are fake. The article talked about how the large numbers that don't come forward at all or quick enough talked about the over publication about fake accusations played in their decision to not come forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Even there you said “potentially” get evidence. It’s often tough to prove that the sex wasn’t consensual. Most rape cases aren’t a guy in a dark alley abducting you and raping you. They’re usually people with connections that make the argument it was consensual believable. So while I hate that women feel like it’s not worth coming out because they won’t be believed I also don’t see how that could not be the case if we give people the right of innocent until proven guilty. I really just don’t see it. I just hope that karma works out and people who are guilty are found guilty.
    This is a civil suit... No criminal charges. The burden of proof is substantially lower in civil suits and I'll use a phrase that Pats fans are all to familiar with. "More probable than not."

    In a criminal case you have to be found guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. In a civil case, you just have convince the judge/jury that it's likely that it happened.

    The reason that she didn't file criminal charges against him is what you alluded to... There's no way that she could present the necessary burden of proof.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    31,424

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    10,488
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Reasoning like this is why so many actual cases of sexual assault and rape don't come forward.
    Oh my can’t we just take this on a case by case basis and stay off the horses? The sjw is leaking out my screen reading that.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16,877
    Guilty or not, the NFL should suspend this piece of garbage until the court case is settled.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    10,488
    Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Guilty or not, the NFL should suspend this piece of garbage until the court case is settled.
    I Hate AB, but why?

    Exempt list? Maybe. But he shouldn’t be suspended until an investigation is done. Jesus.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16,877
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    I Hate AB, but why?

    Exempt list? Maybe. But he shouldn’t be suspended until an investigation is done. Jesus.
    Because we all know the whole AB to NE is fishy as hell and if they want to pull shenanigans so should the NFL. And AB is a piece of garbage. Stick it to them when the opportunity arises. Simple as that.

    Also Tom Brady & fam must feel great having a guy live in their house who is dealing with these particular accusations.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16,877
    Imagine the unfortunate event NE sleazes it’s way to another Super Bowl “win” and the case isn’t settled yet. The League’s commissioner would be up there on the podium with AB flashing the pearly whites and having to be all jolly congratulating him. The images going all over the world. God forbid AB somehow ends up the MVP of the game. And then a little while later he is found guilty.

    Can’t have that if you are the NFL so better make sure you prevent it from happening.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    hampton beach
    Posts
    2,541
    AB brings just wonderful baggage,gotta admit that there are times when certain players are guys that I just do not want doesn't matter how talented.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    14,700
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    oh my can’t we just take this on a case by case basis and stay off the horses? The sjw is leaking out my screen reading that.
    t r i g g e r e d ?

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,321
    I just find it kinda odd that women decide to wait a year or two to make rape accusations. Rape just seems like a pretty serious offense, almost like it should be dealt with immediately.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    12,330
    Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Imagine the unfortunate event NE sleazes it’s way to another Super Bowl “win” and the case isn’t settled yet. The League’s commissioner would be up there on the podium with AB flashing the pearly whites and having to be all jolly congratulating him. The images going all over the world. God forbid AB somehow ends up the MVP of the game. And then a little while later he is found guilty.

    Can’t have that if you are the NFL so better make sure you prevent it from happening.
    I thought if the league designated a player as a special exempt status, they are effectively "suspended" and cannot participate with team activities, attend games, or be anywhere near NFL functions? Is that not still the case, or am I thinking of a different league???
    "Why can't we tell the world that [as the Raiders' coach] you refused to play games in the segregated South, holding out to the point where they were canceled?' And he would stop me dead in my tracks and say, 'Hey, kid -- I didn't do it for publicity. I did it because it was right.' "

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    9,683
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    I Hate AB, but why?

    Exempt list? Maybe. But he shouldn’t be suspended until an investigation is done. Jesus.
    well, there is precedence to do just that.......inconsistently applied, but precedence
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16,877
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I thought if the league designated a player as a special exempt status, they are effectively "suspended" and cannot participate with team activities, attend games, or be anywhere near NFL functions? Is that not still the case, or am I thinking of a different league???
    I am not an expert on NFL rules, but if NE would still have to pay him all the time this would be a great scenario. Whatever works to get him out of here

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •