Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 347
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    The only rational approach is to say you think the woman is lying about this to get money? You're doing the exact same thing (in the opposite direction) of what you say you hate.

    How about we see what happens before making accusations either way? That seems rational.
    Thatís not the way a trial is supposed to work though. The accused is supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt. So since the women is accusing AB of a crime, the burden of proof is on her. That means itís the job of the court to critically examine her posts and challenge any part that may bring up reasonable doubt.

    Rape is such a difficult thing to prove because it usually doesnít occur with a random. Even in this case ABís lawyer I think admitted there was a sexual relationship but claims it was consensual. So how do you prove beyond any reasonable doubt that it actually wasnít? Itís just super hard to do. And itís a shame because I donít see how fair trials can occur without that but it creates a huge victim blaming culture.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    55,302
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Thatís not the way a trial is supposed to work though. The accused is supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt. So since the women is accusing AB of a crime, the burden of proof is on her. That means itís the job of the court to critically examine her posts and challenge any part that may bring up reasonable doubt.

    Rape is such a difficult thing to prove because it usually doesnít occur with a random. Even in this case ABís lawyer I think admitted there was a sexual relationship but claims it was consensual. So how do you prove beyond any reasonable doubt that it actually wasnít? Itís just super hard to do. And itís a shame because I donít see how fair trials can occur without that but it creates a huge victim blaming culture.
    Well this is going through as a civil case. Much different standard. Like OJ was innocent in criminal trial, but had to pay out big in civil suit.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,103
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Well this is going through as a civil case. Much different standard. Like OJ was innocent in criminal trial, but had to pay out big in civil suit.
    Fair enough. My comments are more in regards to the 8% number of fake claims discussion you were having with tredigs and that whole thing though. More giving thoughts on general rape prosecution, victim blaming, etc. than commenting on this particular case.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    55,302

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    55,302
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Fair enough. My comments are more in regards to the 8% number of fake claims discussion you were having with tredigs and that whole thing though. More giving thoughts on general rape prosecution, victim blaming, etc. than commenting on this particular case.
    Yea. Unfortunately in rape cases the victim has to go to the ER pretty soon after it happens so that they can inspect and potentially collect evidence. I was reading an article on this the other day, and they said out of 100 cases 70 don't get reported, 25 didn't go to the police soon enough, 2 did and the accused gets jail time, and 3 are fake. The article talked about how the large numbers that don't come forward at all or quick enough talked about the over publication about fake accusations played in their decision to not come forward.
    Last edited by warfelg; 09-10-2019 at 10:46 PM.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,103
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yea. Unfortunately in rape cases the victim has to go to the ER pretty soon after it happens so that they can inspect and potentially collect evidence. I was reading an article on this the other day, and they said out of 100 cases 70 don't get reported, 25 didn't go to the police soon enough, 2 did and the accused gets jail time, and 3 are fake.
    Even there you said ďpotentiallyĒ get evidence. Itís often tough to prove that the sex wasnít consensual. Most rape cases arenít a guy in a dark alley abducting you and raping you. Theyíre usually people with connections that make the argument it was consensual believable. So while I hate that women feel like itís not worth coming out because they wonít be believed I also donít see how that could not be the case if we give people the right of innocent until proven guilty. I really just donít see it. I just hope that karma works out and people who are guilty are found guilty.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    55,302
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Even there you said ďpotentiallyĒ get evidence. Itís often tough to prove that the sex wasnít consensual. Most rape cases arenít a guy in a dark alley abducting you and raping you. Theyíre usually people with connections that make the argument it was consensual believable. So while I hate that women feel like itís not worth coming out because they wonít be believed I also donít see how that could not be the case if we give people the right of innocent until proven guilty. I really just donít see it. I just hope that karma works out and people who are guilty are found guilty.
    I wish I could find it again because it was really interesting. Mostly because they didnít just focus on the trial cases. It dove into the male-on-male rape culture, non-forceful rape culture, and the most and least likely groups to report rape. The study part showed that stigma around sexual abuse allegations being ďShameĒ as why not coming forward was a smaller factor that whatís reported, and itís the lack of successful cases. Most victims feel thereís a ďnothing that can be doneĒ attitude towards sexual abuse and fear the backlash (often heard as two lives ruined over allegations) if the case isnít successful.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,547
    This dude canít stay out of the news if he tried, hopefully actual evidence surfaces.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,357
    The attorney is a real piece of work as well.
    Last edited by SF8; 09-10-2019 at 11:24 PM.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,357

  11. #56
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    14,609
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    "#Patriots have dealt w/ highly sensitive cases involving some of their personnel in the past."

    And involving their boss as well.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    9,648
    Pats fans in this thread.....honest question...you don't have to answer here and others would do the same.....but how differently is your reaction to THIS story if it comes out while he's still a Raider.....or, for that matter, a Steeler
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    105,572
    lol the reddit comments.... within a week he will be a chief xD

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    32,069
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Pats fans in this thread.....honest question...you don't have to answer here and others would do the same.....but how differently is your reaction to THIS story if it comes out while he's still a Raider.....or, for that matter, a Steeler
    It would be 180 degrees different for sure

  15. #60
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    14,609
    Honestly I thought this Heitner guy was just pretending to be AB's lawyer on twitter.

    Guy seems unprofessional as ****.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •