Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 152
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    67,367
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Pace definitely deserves another shot at a QB. If you remember, many people were saying there wasnít even a 1st round QB in that class. Tons of people had Mitch as the best in the class, including every scout, coach in the Bears FO. Almost zero people were talking about Mahomes as the best in the class. The QB is the toughest position to project in sports. So far, it seems like it was a whiff. But Iíd give him another shot. Especially with Nagy in on the process.
    I don't think it was almost zero with Mahomes. Most recognized he had the highest ceiling, but many speculated he had a pretty low floor. There's very few examples of Air Raid QB's working in the NFL too, so he landed in the perfect situation with a coach like Andy Reid. When he declared he was a day 2 pick, but flew up the draft boards about a month before the draft.

    Watson's actually the guy a lot of people were out on, myself included. I was wrong about him. I'm not sure he'll ever carry a team to a Super Bowl, but he's definitely better than I thought he'd be.

    Trubisky was mostly considered the top guy. There were even rumors the day of the draft that the Browns may take him #1 overall. And look, while he was raw, there was a lot to like about him coming out. The problem is, he hasn't really improved much since being at UNC. I get what Pace saw in him, but he just hasn't developed. Not the first time it's happened to a highly drafted QB. It's pretty common actually.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 09-12-2019 at 06:39 PM.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    1,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    https://youtu.be/lbssdjaNhrU

    Just gonna leave this here. Shows a ton of Bad OL...... Droped balls. Some bad on Mitch.... Not saying he was perfect. But there are just plays after plays of looking at guys get beat. .......bad Calls ...... Or Drops which didnt help mitch at all.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1k_...ature=youtu.be

    Just going to leave this here. Shows what most of us are concerned about, even on plays that should have been easy reads he's making the wrong decision.

    Willing to give it another couple weeks but if he still doesn't know what is going on they need to do something. Can't have this be a Bortles situation.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,723
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I don't think it was almost zero with Mahomes. Most recognized he had the highest ceiling, but many speculated he had a pretty low floor. There's very few examples of Air Raid QB's working in the NFL too, so he landed in the perfect situation with a coach like Andy Reid. When he declared he was a day 2 pick, but flew up the draft boards about a month before the draft.

    Watson's actually the guy a lot of people were out on, myself included. I was wrong about him. I'm not sure he'll ever carry a team to a Super Bowl, but he's definitely better than I thought he'd be.

    Trubisky was mostly considered the top guy. There were even rumors the day of the draft that the Browns may take him #1 overall. And look, while he was raw, there was a lot to like about him coming out. The problem is, he hasn't really improved much since being at UNC. I get what Pace saw in him, but he just hasn't developed. Not the first time it's happened to a highly drafted QB. It's pretty common actually.
    Iíd say less than 25% of people thought Mahomes was the best in the class. A lot had him pegged as a 2nd rounder. Watson and Trubs were widely considered the best. Iíd say it was close to 50/50 between the two.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    67,367
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Iíd say less than 25% of people thought Mahomes was the best in the class. A lot had him pegged as a 2nd rounder. Watson and Trubs were widely considered the best. Iíd say it was close to 50/50 between the two.
    It doesn't matter now, but I disagree with that. I follow the draft process as closely as anyone here and Mahomes had some major buzz in the last month or so leading up to it. There were a few in this forum that really liked him too. Watson had more negative buzz and was actually rumored to be off several teams boards. I personally would have been thrilled with Mahomes, though I recognize he's probably not the best version of himself here, at least not yet.

    Again, doesn't matter now, but I don't believe it was ever that clear cut between the 3 of them. They all had their warts and that draft class was panned all year leading up to it.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 09-12-2019 at 06:54 PM.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    1,866
    I thought Mahomes was a likely bust. Was thinking he was a mobile Kyle Boller for some reason. I wanted Watson because I thought he was proven, but the completion % and TD/INT ratio got me on board for Trubisky.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    25,367
    I thought Mahomes was QB 1. I liked Trubisky too though and he was a close second for me.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    23,767
    It isn't even about Mitch making reads. I don't think he's a bright guy, and my thought is he's not even making reads. Good decision, bad decision, he's just throwing it.

    A wide open guy.... a triple covered guy, I dont think he's processing the two any differently right now.

    That is my concern. He'll rebound. He'll have great games, but those things won't alleviate my concern.

    Nagy has now publicly called him out misunderstanding the "move on to week 2" discussion, and for making incorrect reads on the rpo.

    Both in quite a blatant manner.

    Look at the way they're scared of upsetting him. Like he's a teenager lol.


    Nagy is quick witted, intelligent guy (no matter what happens in his coaching career). I think he's already frustrated in Mitch's "slowness" if you will.


    Mitch may take 4,5 years in an offense and that may not necessarily mean he can process a game in real time.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 09-12-2019 at 09:16 PM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    67,367
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I thought Mahomes was QB 1. I liked Trubisky too though and he was a close second for me.
    Trubisky > Mahomes > Watson (a distant 3rd) is how I had it.

    I would have been fine with either of those first two and kinda pissed/scared with Watson.

    Shows how hard QB evaluation is because even the most optimistic scenario probably doesn't have Mahomes being this good almost immediately. I always knew Trubisky would be a project, but maybe didn't expect it to this level.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    26,482
    U could have cam as ur QB. Uggg


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,723
    Cam and Winston are both meh. Both high picks. QB evaluations are tough.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    67,367
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Cam and Winston are both meh. Both high picks. QB evaluations are tough.
    Both #1 overall. Can did win MVP that one year, but Jameis has been straight ****.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,723

    Week One QB Over reaction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Both #1 overall. Can did win MVP that one year, but Jameis has been straight ****.
    Thatís another thing about QBs - Thereís quite a number of them who have had a great season or two but few do it consistently enough to be called elite franchise QBs. I think you need at least 3 consecutive seasons to really solidify it. What guys like Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Rivers are doing and have done is unbelievable.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    26,482
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Cam and Winston are both meh. Both high picks. QB evaluations are tough.
    The thing that bothers me..... Is they can both play like complete trash..... And neither team will have their QBs questioned like the bears. Watching Cam miss these throws. Some are just pathetic and in the dirt. And some of these sideline throws dont even give his guy a chance.

    Winston on the other hand can make the throws. But he makes worse dicisions than Jay Cutler did. But also lacks the confidence and conviction to make throws. Its a terrible combo.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    23,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    The thing that bothers me..... Is they can both play like complete trash..... And neither team will have their QBs questioned like the bears. Watching Cam miss these throws. Some are just pathetic and in the dirt. And some of these sideline throws dont even give his guy a chance.

    Winston on the other hand can make the throws. But he makes worse dicisions than Jay Cutler did. But also lacks the confidence and conviction to make throws. Its a terrible combo.
    Cam was the best player in the NFL for a year. He's been devastated by concussions. His body is falling apart.

    Not the same thing.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,723
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Cam was the best player in the NFL for a year. He's been devastated by concussions. His body is falling apart.

    Not the same thing.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Itís a what have you done for me lately league. Cam had a great year once upon a time. But thatís really about it. You love to talk about passing prowess within the pocket, thatís never been a strength of cams.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •