Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Itís a what have you done for me lately league. Cam had a great year once upon a time. But thatís really about it. You love to talk about passing prowess within the pocket, thatís never been a strength of cams.
    Oh I completely agree. He's not good but I'd take him on this team- because of what he did that season. Its probably a bad move too. I'm not a gm for a reason lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I think Mitch could perform similarly to current cam if not better if Nagy adjusts his offense a bit. To me itís simple - You get the run going with Montgomery and Cohen/Davis. Work in play action. Keep the defense off balance and limit Mitchís throws to about 25. Thatís perfectly do-able. Is it what Nagy wants to do? No. But he has to at this point. Roll Mitch out more often. Limit the RPOs, Mitch isnít good at them.

Nagy said the goal is to lead the league in scoring. Itís a great sound byte but itís not going to happen. Run an offense that could get you 20-23. Your defense could probably average a TD a game lol. Bears score 20+ PPG this year, theyíre going to be awfully tough. They could do that. They just need to operate differently.

I think Mitch could perform similarly to current cam if not better if Nagy adjusts his offense a bit. To me itís simple - You get the run going with Montgomery and Cohen/Davis. Work in play action. Keep the defense off balance and limit Mitchís throws to about 25. Thatís perfectly do-able. Is it what Nagy wants to do? No. But he has to at this point. Roll Mitch out more often. Limit the RPOs, Mitch isnít good at them.

Nagy said the goal is to lead the league in scoring. Itís a great sound byte but itís not going to happen. Run an offense that could get you 20-23. Your defense could probably average a TD a game lol. Bears score 20+ PPG this year, theyíre going to be awfully tough. They could do that. They just need to operate differently.
    Yeah he might talk about leading the league in scoring, but that's gotta just be coach speak. Have to imagine we'll be more balanced in the future. I mean, he managed to get Jordan Howard over 250 carries last year which is crazy to think about. The O-line kinda scares me though. Especially with how much they struggled with run blocking last year.

Pains me to say, but I just don't feel super optimistic about our offense as a whole. I think Nagy is a smart guy, but idk if the foundation is good enough with Mitch and the O-line being what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Yeah he might talk about leading the league in scoring, but that's gotta just be coach speak. Have to imagine we'll be more balanced in the future. I mean, he managed to get Jordan Howard over 250 carries last year which is crazy to think about. The O-line kinda scares me though. Especially with how much they struggled with run blocking last year.
    Which is weird. That was a strength of theirs. For all this hype I heard about Hiestand, I havenít seen a lot of results. Thereís a lot of talent on the OL

Leno- + caliber LT
    Cody- + OG. Just received an extension people were applauding.
    Daniels- + C. Rated our best OL game 1
    Long-certainly not the long of old. Very iffy
    Massie-Solidly average, maybe even slightly above average RT

That line should not have struggled as badly as they did. Iím actually dumbfounded that they managed to play that bad. I have no idea how that happens with that group.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It isn't even about Mitch making reads. I don't think he's a bright guy, and my thought is he's not even making reads. Good decision, bad decision, he's just throwing it.

A wide open guy.... a triple covered guy, I dont think he's processing the two any differently right now.

That is my concern. He'll rebound. He'll have great games, but those things won't alleviate my concern.

Nagy has now publicly called him out misunderstanding the "move on to week 2" discussion, and for making incorrect reads on the rpo.

Both in quite a blatant manner.

Look at the way they're scared of upsetting him. Like he's a teenager lol.

Nagy is quick witted, intelligent guy (no matter what happens in his coaching career). I think he's already frustrated in Mitch's "slowness" if you will.

Mitch may take 4,5 years in an offense and that may not necessarily mean he can process a game in real time.

This is it 100%. He is not intelligent enough to be a good starting quarterback. He's too talented to be bad all the time, but too dumb to be consistently good.

I'm sick of the ******** it takes 3 years to learn a system. Why did McVay have Goff playing his best year 1? Many coaches don't get 3 years. When do you hear a coach say our offense won't be up to speed for 3 years because it takes that long for the quarterback to learn my crazy complex amazing offense?

You can't tell me a vet can't walk in this week and know enough of the route tree to run this offense without many restrictions after a few weeks.

Now we have our starter in year 2 not knowing what the hell an RPO is still. Not knowing his primary target on plays, staring them down on others. So frustrated.

On Cam - Ever since he decided he's not running anymore, he's been pretty garbage. Made that offense so much harder to play against.

Goff is simply a better passer than Mitch. And McVay calls out the coverages and basically tells him where to throw pre snap. Goff still struggles reading defenses. Itís why he struggles against competent defenses that disguise coverages. Heís better than Mitch. But they also have a run game and weapons on the outside. Kudos to mcvay though, he actually understands the importance of the run. They have a great play action game.

Goff is simply a better passer than Mitch. And McVay calls out the coverages and basically tells him where to throw pre snap. Goff still struggles reading defenses. Itís why he struggles against competent defenses that disguise coverages. Heís better than Mitch. But they also have a run game and weapons on the outside. Kudos to mcvay though, he actually understands the importance of the run. They have a great play action game.
    Why doesn't Nagy do this for Mitch, though. It's worked wonders for Goff.

Click here to register!

Here's another thought: What about a trade? Winston for Mitch? the benefit right now would be both QB's would be cheaper than the recent contracts given to Wentz and Goff. Mitch is ok right now, I have hated on him pretty hard in the past, he's a nice kid and not like some of the a holes of the Bears from the past, but there is a championship defence right now and if the QB is the problem, that has to change. The Bears window is open now.

Very hard pass on Winston. He's not good and I'm pretty sure he leads the league in turnovers since he came into the league. Also seems like a major shitbag off the field.

If Mitch isnít our guy, we arenít winning a SB in this window. I think thatís the reality people need to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    If Mitch isnít our guy, we arenít winning a SB in this window. I think thatís the reality people need to accept.
    Unfortunately, this is probably true. It'll take time to develop another draft pick, unless they're great immediately (unlikely).

I would go the FA route to see if they can piece it together for 1-2 more years, but as we saw with Glennon, that's far from a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Unfortunately, this is probably true. It'll take time to develop another draft pick, unless they're great immediately (unlikely).

I would go the FA route to see if they can piece it together for 1-2 more years, but as we saw with Glennon, that's far from a guarantee.
    Pace drafted Trubisky over the the two you know whoís and has signed Glennon and Daniel. I am not sure I can feel good about his judgement on QBís.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Pace drafted Trubisky over the the two you know whoís and has signed Glennon and Daniel. I am not sure I can feel good about his judgement on QBís.
    I have a strange question for everyone. Why is Mitch given a somewhat pass on the 2017 season due to the WRs...... the Offensive playcalling........ ECT........ and Glennon seen as just the most cancerous QB ever. Look I am not saying that Glennon was good. I am not saying he was even a starter..... but lets be real we were looking for a stopgap QB. Is he maybe Better than what he was for the Bears in 2017. Maybe he would be a solid QB if put into an offense who wasnt inept and actually had weapons.

The Point is.... Was Glennon really given a chance to be a starter with that bears team?

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I have a strange question for everyone. Why is Mitch given a somewhat pass on the 2017 season due to the WRs...... the Offensive playcalling........ ECT........ and Glennon seen as just the most cancerous QB ever. Look I am not saying that Glennon was good. I am not saying he was even a starter..... but lets be real we were looking for a stopgap QB. Is he maybe Better than what he was for the Bears in 2017. Maybe he would be a solid QB if put into an offense who wasnt inept and actually had weapons.

The Point is.... Was Glennon really given a chance to be a starter with that bears team?
    Glennon was a sitting duck, a lackey who had no chance. He was paid well for one year to take lumps for the cause. I do think he was pretty bad QB regardless of talent around him.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    So you think Pace would refuse to make a move on a vet? It Mitch isnt our guy, a vet could come in and run a smoother passing offense almost immediately.

I think if we're around 500 and decide to move on, a vet could give us a shot at a super bowl. The surrounding talent, system, and defense is too good imo.

Click here to register!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast