Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Week One QB Over reaction Thread : Mitch

Lots of comments about Mitch, with the media and fans acknowledging that we might just be seeing the second coming of Rex Gorssman. I wasn't sold on Mitch and I think following White and Mitch Pace has done a decent job of drafting. That being said, here are some scenarios I would think the Bears are hopefully considering:

1. Trade for a vet, namely Eli Manning. Not a lot left in the tank at this point, but he doesn't have an ego that would require huge stats, can manage a game and has playoff expereince.

2. Deal Mitch for Derek Carr straight up in the offseason. Long shot here as Carr has looked good, but the Raiders have been known to make uneducated trades before.

3. Trade for Teddy Bridewater - Suggested on a different thread, I actually like this idea the best.

4. Sign Kapernick and let him compete. Unless you want chase daniels in there.

Teddy feels like the best option. He'd offer the most short term and long term upside, I think.

I hope it doesn't get to this point, but I also hope Pace is proactive in fixing the position if Trubisky isn't the guy.

I suspect this thread will be moot very soon. I will worry about the QB position when it becomes a problem. Right now, it's not a problem. A concern, yes, a problem......not yet.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Teddy feels like the best option. He'd offer the most short term and long term upside, I think.

I hope it doesn't get to this point, but I also hope Pace is proactive in fixing the position if Trubisky isn't the guy.
    I said it in the other thread already but Iíll say it again- I think having a plan B thatís better than Chase Daniel would be very wise right now. Even the most optimistic take on Trubisky canít leave you with a ton of confidence that heís the guy realistically. If thatís Teddy Bridgewater, great but this is not a year we can afford to waste. You have to try everything is all.

Like him or not Mitch is our QB. If Watson or Mahomes were our guy, there is a segment of this fan base that would be *****ing about him. I'd say #10 has this season to show something, and if not there will be some competition in 2020.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Like him or not Mitch is our QB. If Watson or Mahomes were our guy, there is a segment of this fan base that would be *****ing about him. I'd say #10 has this season to show something, and if not there will be some competition in 2020.
    Itís probably his year by default, but ideally you create competition as soon as this year. Last year was Mitchís training wheel season. This year is a year where not winning is a failure. Canít throw those years away. Our defense is elite and we canít waste prime years from this core.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Itís probably his year by default, but ideally you create competition as soon as this year. Last year was Mitchís training wheel season. This year is a year where not winning is a failure. Canít throw those years away. Our defense is elite and we canít waste prime years from this core.
    Agreed 100 percent. I like the Teddy idea.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Is there anyone on here who absolutely does not think Mitch could redeem himself? Is this 1 game who he is or could he still have a good year/great game?

Objectively, Nagy and the OL were just as terrible, if not worse. Is the whole offense and coach a lost cause or just Mitch? I still think Mitch could have a good year. I never thought he was going to be a top 10 guy so my expectations are a bit different than some.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Is there anyone on here who absolutely does not think Mitch could redeem himself? Is this 1 game who he is or could he still have a good year/great game?

Objectively, Nagy and the OL were just as terrible, if not worse. Is the whole offense and coach a lost cause or just Mitch? I still think Mitch could have a good year. I never thought he was going to be a top 10 guy so my expectations are a bit different than some.
    I'm sure those who never liked him to begin with think he's a lost cause.

I do not, but as I mentioned in the other thread, I'm not that optimistic he develops into the QB we need him to be.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post

He'll redeem himself. Thursday was an aberration. But that doesn't alleviate my concerns that he just doesnt comprehend the offense like he should. He just isn't bright, football wise or otherwise. When he makes a quick, panicky decision, I don't think he is intentionally forcing it for hitting the open receiver.

Now, if he can consistently be what he was last year, it is possible to win a super bowl with this defense. It will be hard as hell though. Won't change who he is as a qb.

Hopefully I'm 100 percent wrong.

Last edited by blams; 09-10-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'm sure those who never liked him to begin with think he's a lost cause.

I do not, but as I mentioned in the other thread, I'm not that optimistic he develops into the QB we need him to be.
    This is where I am too. Iím far from doom and gloom but also think thereís reasonable doubt enough to want a plan B.

ďThe glass is always half-empty and thereís almost like this momentum towards (feeling) they want MITCH to fail because they can say ĎI told you soí more so than they want to celebrate a championship,Ē he said. ďAnd thatís unfortunate. Itís one thing to be critical and scrutinize and take the facts and eventually then decide ĎI donít like this.í ďItís another thing, and itís a little fed by the age of Twitter, to have the instantaneous 45-second response of ĎThis is horse (bleep),í you know, without even thinking anything through.

Quoting, Rick Hahn (not verbatim) Ö applies to Trubisky just as much, if not more.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

ďThe glass is always half-empty and thereís almost like this momentum towards (feeling) they want MITCH to fail because they can say ĎI told you soí more so than they want to celebrate a championship,Ē he said. ďAnd thatís unfortunate. Itís one thing to be critical and scrutinize and take the facts and eventually then decide ĎI donít like this.í ďItís another thing, and itís a little fed by the age of Twitter, to have the instantaneous 45-second response of ĎThis is horse (bleep),í you know, without even thinking anything through.

Quoting, Rick Hahn (not verbatim) Ö applies to Trubisky just as much, if not more.
    No one wants Trubisky to fail, that is complete BS. Its ridiculous. This is not like Cutler, who was pretty much known universally as an A hole. Trubisky is a really good kid, everyone is invested in this team and wants him to succeed. This is not a one game overreaction, its the 2nd pick in the draft who had very high expectations and people want him to play like the second pick in year 3 when we have a great team surrounding him. Now is when expectations need to produce the maturity, the right decisions, the results on the field where the QB is a strength and not everything around him has to be just right for him to succeed. He needs to be able win us some games when all around him is not going well. Why would people want him to fail, so they could say I told you so? Lame

I don't think anyone wants him to fail. It's just the expectations are sky high because of what Pace has put around him, both talent and coaching wise. He even has the chance to be in the same offense for years , something we haven't seen for over 10 years.

The expert analysis certainly doesn't help either. There are certainly reasons to be concerned about him , and acknowledging that isn't problematic. Nor is it not giving him enough time. I've never once said he can't be good, and I don't think anyone else has either.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    No one wants Trubisky to fail, that is complete BS. Its ridiculous. This is not like Cutler, who was pretty much known universally as an A hole. Trubisky is a really good kid, everyone is invested in this team and wants him to succeed. This is not a one game overreaction, its the 2nd pick in the draft who had very high expectations and people want him to play like the second pick in year 3 when we have a great team surrounding him. Now is when expectations need to produce the maturity, the right decisions, the results on the field where the QB is a strength and not everything around him has to be just right for him to succeed. He needs to be able win us some games when all around him is not going well. Why would people want him to fail, so they could say I told you so? Lame
    Really, coming from you that is very interesting, I would expect to find you at the top of that list.
    Last edited by Muttman73; 09-11-2019 at 04:45 PM.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast