Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I hate eli. He has always been mediocre aside from one or two seasons. He did put up good numbers last year though, at least on the surface.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Nah, save for the bookends of his career he was a pretty good QB.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Nah, save for the bookends of his career he was a pretty good QB.
    With how good this era was , being top 16 is pretty solid. He wasn't even close to as good as Romo who couldn't even crack the top 5 himself

People mistake being an iron man for being actually good. Being available does not make one better in any way. Just means one exists imo. Can't consider volume stats.

Just a quick glance at total QBR, his he was top 10 a few times, and mediocre or worse the rest.

A lot like Cutler, but he was top 5 once, top 12 or so-ish a few times, and mediocre or worse the rest.

He wasn't any better than Jay (had a more consistent career no doubt), and god knows how awful Jay was in his career lol. There are a lot of other stats to use but that was just a quick easy one, I understand its flawed.
    Last edited by blams; 09-17-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

With how good this era was , being top 16 is pretty solid. He wasn't even close to as good as Romo who couldn't even crack the top 5 himself

People mistake being an iron man for being actually good. Being available does not make one better in any way. Just means one exists imo. Can't consider volume stats.

Just a quick glance at total QBR, his he was top 10 a few times, and mediocre or worse the rest.

A lot like Cutler, but he was top 5 once, top 12 or so-ish a few times, and mediocre or worse the rest.

He wasn't any better than Jay (had a more consistent career no doubt), and god knows how awful Jay was in his career lol. There are a lot of other stats to use but that was just a quick easy one, I understand its flawed.
    It's not flawed. He's better than Jay Cutler and it's not arguable.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    It's not flawed. He's better than Jay Cutler and it's not arguable.
    He had a more consistent career but he never carried an offense like Jay did, in new systems every year. He had the same complaints against him , being mopey and a poor leader. His arm was inferior. His ups happened slightly more and he had more awful seasons than Cutler did.

Not nearly as cut and dry as you'd like it to be. He had a more accomplished career but that does not mean he was actually superior given equal circimstances.

Click here to register!

Jay carried an offense? Must've missed that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Thought the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Thought the same thing
    Same here...

I mist have missed an offense with Hester or Knox as the number 1 WR that made it to the NFCCG

Click here to register!

I mist have missed an offense with Hester or Knox as the number 1 WR that made it to the NFCCG

21st in points, 30th in total yards. He threw for less than 200 yards more times than he threw for over 250. Along with the outstanding 23/16 TD/INT ratio.

If that's the best example you have of carrying an offense, bravo.

Eli off the top of my head has at least 3-4 seasons better than Jay's best year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21st in points, 30th in total yards. He threw for less than 200 yards more times than he threw for over 250. Along with the outstanding 23/16 TD/INT ratio.

If that's the best example you have of carrying an offense, bravo.

Eli off the top of my head has at least 3-4 seasons better than Jay's best year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was just looking at one stat that I admitted is flawed (total qbr)

A Cutler hater pointed out it isn't flawed so I pointed out that his best total qbr season, 3rd overall, was better than Eli's best , 7th overall iirc

Eli had a more consistent offense both talent wise and coaching wise and system wise so yes, his numbers should be markedly better or that would make him markedly worse

Click here to register!

Lol blams....

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Lol blams....
    I wasnt even really complimenting Jay or anything or trying to incite an eli v jay debate because I know it won't go anywhere . Wasn't my intention at least. Dont know why I do it to myself or anyone else. I have a problem. I'm a smokin jayoholic!

I just think eli would be a good guy to have as a backup. I'm confused cuz his numbers were solid last year. Our offense has more depth , with less superstar talent.

Alex Smith does make the most sense as a backup (backup because of injury) because he absolutely mastered that offense by the last season because he started trying to make downfield plays.

Gotta think his career is over.

Click here to register!

I'll be surprised if Alex Smith comes back. That was a gruesome injury and he's made plenty of money. I guess if he proves he's healthy and still wants to play, then he'd absolutely be worth pursuing next season. Gotta imagine the Skins would like to turn it over to Haskins in 2020.

It's sink or swim with Mitch this year though. I'm hopeful he turns it around, not super optimistic, but I can't envision a scenario where another QB comes in mid season and makes much of a difference.

Also, the good news, so far at least, is this 2020 QB draft class looks more stacked than it did before the season. Was initially Tua and Herbert, not much else. I'd argue there are 4-5 really intriguing guys between day 1-2 now.

The downside is we only have a pair of 2nd's to address the need, but Lamar Jackson went 32nd when he was taken. Not out of the realm of possibility that Joe Burrows or Jalen Hurts are there in the early 2nd or in a trade up situation.

Long way to go, but we should have options past this season if Trubisky continues to flop.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 09-18-2019 at 03:58 PM.

Whoever mention Romo and Manning as options, Romo is only 39 and healthy.... I'd let him start after the bye.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast