Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Right would definitely have far more in common with religious folk because typically religions are far more conservative in their thought and actions, so people would obviously gravitate towards that. Where's the Left was far more Liberal and "open" you could say. But those days of the Left are over. They are far more interested in intersectionality and identity politics so that they have really lost their way.
    Leftists in general have a poor view of America and the Western world and by proxy Christianity. They also have an incredible fixation with the "underdog" and that is why they view other peoples and religions as "victims" while they see the West and Christianity as the "oppressors". That is why they have taken in Islam under their umbrella, because it is not of the West or Christianity, therefore it is a "victim" or good. They are extremely ignorant of what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    The Right would definitely have far more in common with religious folk because typically religions are far more conservative in their thought and actions, so people would obviously gravitate towards that. Where's the Left was far more Liberal and "open" you could say. But those days of the Left are over. They are far more interested in intersectionality and identity politics so that they have really lost their way.
    Leftists in general have a poor view of America and the Western world and by proxy Christianity. They also have an incredible fixation with the "underdog" and that is why they view other peoples and religions as "victims" while they see the West and Christianity as the "oppressors". That is why they have taken in Islam under their umbrella, because it is not of the West or Christianity, therefore it is a "victim" or good. They are extremely ignorant of what they do.
    Yet the religious right, who constantly trip over themselves ranting about "traditional family values" and "freedom of religion" and push for their needlessly incorporation in American politics are definitely nowhere concerned with identity politics or "extremely ignorant of what they do".

That you even got to the second sentence of that gibberish without collapsing of irony is a testament to the power of tunnel vision.

The same identity politics you condemn are not only discussed with the intensity they are out of need (you were onto something with victims and oppressors lol) but pushed for just as much by the religious right.
    Last edited by browski234; 09-10-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    I think most well reasoned people would be okay with that. I don’t see people demanding that politicians be atheist. They just don’t want them using the power that they hold to foist their religious views onto others or using their religious views to justify policy decisions. It can shape who you are, which in a way justifies, but actual religious theology shouldn’t be used to justify policy or lack thereof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've heard a lot of people who want to elect only atheists. They want people who don't use religion at all.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Perhaps, but nowhere near in equal numbers. Do not mistake 3 Muslim politicians pushing their religion into government as any kind of widespread agenda on Democrat's part.
    I didn't limit what I said to US government. And I wasn't just talking about politicians. People the world over want governments to use religion to set laws. Something we need to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    You’re seeing Democrats and “the left” as the same but they are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nah, it's just convenient for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Yet the religious right, who constantly trip over themselves ranting about "traditional family values" and "freedom of religion" and push for their needlessly incorporation in American politics are definitely nowhere concerned with identity politics or "extremely ignorant of what they do".

That you even got to the second sentence of that gibberish without collapsing of irony is a testament to the power of tunnel vision.

The same identity politics you condemn are not only discussed with the intensity they are out of need (you were onto something with victims and oppressors lol) but pushed for just as much by the religious right.
    The Right has all colors and creeds within their party. So what identity politics game do they play? Why do blacks, Hispanics, Asians or any other minority people get called "uncle toms", "sellouts" or "race traitors" when they follow the right? To me, that says that the left believes minorities are a monolith and should all believe the same. Meaning their skin color is what makes them, not their individual beliefs. That is incredibly racist.
    The extremely ignorant part of what I was saying was in response to the left's welcoming of Islam. They are ignorant of what Islam is and teaches so to me they are basically like sheep letting in a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I didn't limit what I said to US government. And I wasn't just talking about politicians. People the world over want governments to use religion to set laws. Something we need to resist.
    I see and understand what you are saying, but if we take it to the opposite end of the spectrum and have only secular or atheistic governments, I believe we are setting ourselves up for chaos as well. A healthy mix like we have is the best way to go I think.

Probably accurate for 2020, but certainly that's not the way it worked during the Civil Rights era.

Probably inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Perhaps, but nowhere near in equal numbers. Do not mistake 3 Muslim politicians pushing their religion into government as any kind of widespread agenda on Democrat's part.
    What did they push in their religion into government?
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I've heard a lot of people who want to elect only atheists. They want people who don't use religion at all.
    Apparently those people as a group have not been all that successful.

What is your definition of a lot? Atheists in politics is one of the least represented categories and most polls show a strong opposition to electing atheist leaders (among the strongest oppositions).

I see and understand what you are saying, but if we take it to the opposite end of the spectrum and have only secular or atheistic governments, I believe we are setting ourselves up for chaos as well. A healthy mix like we have is the best way to go I think.
    I think we should have a government where the rules are set by the elected people in that government. I'm okay with their philosophies effecting the way they think, anything else would be unreasonable. But I don't want things like the 10 commandments being made into law as a reference to the bible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12