Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    The one thing certain is we will need a much better compliment to Jacobs. Washington and Richard aren't consistent. We need to have less of a drop off when we sub Jacob's out or he will have a short career.
    Ajayi?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Eric's argument was that the only reason he was the #1 rated back in the draft was that Gruden wanted him, so the media pumped him up...What? That he needed to stay another year to earn being picked at #24...well, no. That he was Ricky Dudley reincarnated as a RB...a nonsensical emotional and biased statement...he's wrong, has been from the day we drafted Jacobs.
    He brought up Dudley because neither guy produced big numbers in college, yet were still picked in the first round.

I still think itís a tad early to go making blanket statements about rookies.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    He brought up Dudley because neither guy produced big numbers in college, yet were still picked in the first round.

-Stork

Just as it was too early to label Jocobs a reach before he played a single down. I wasnt too keen on grabbing a RB in the 1st either, but it's looking like a great move.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

-Stork

Blanket statements, yes. This fanbase has had little to cheer for over the last decade plus. Jacobs is living up to expectations and is one of the key factors the team is above .500 when so many thought we'd be 1-4 at this point in the season. He looks strong, shifty and has the best attitude. Very unlike players like Cooper, McClain, et al. You can see he is all in. He's currently the top cat for rookie of the year and he has compared favorably or above any Raider rookie running back in the past. Including the great Marcus Allen. I think it is safe, 6 weeks in going on seven, to say he is pretty good if not pretty damn good. IMO he is just getting warmed up. As far as Eric goes, it's his pie, he has to eat it. If the worm turns, then he can give us all a slice.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Well heís good for now, weíll see how he behaves when itís time to negotiate a contract.

You gotta feed Ďem enough to get the wrinkles outta their bellies before you know what kind of critter you got....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Well heís good for now, weíll see how he behaves when itís time to negotiate a contract.

You gotta feed Ďem enough to get the wrinkles outta their bellies before you know what kind of critter you got....
    Raise hounds do you?

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Raise hounds do you?
    Naw, I apply that saying to most of the people I hire though...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Naw, I apply that saying to most of the people I hire though...
    It's a goodun'.

"...prone to stoogery.".

If we get WRs and an average defense to go with this kid. Watch out. Check out #31

https://twitter.com/LeviDamien/statu...977651201?s=20

My man Ike got a bad rap

The moves this kid had against Green Bay were simply awesome. Love it!

"...prone to stoogery.".

Who we land as a DE? Do we make a big splash for a #1 WR by the trade deadline? Is Carr a franchise QB? Who will be our #1 in 2020?

This kid is the reason to be optimistic about our future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IiBLCCxqOQ

My man Ike got a bad rap

This kid is a true positive for us. The O-Line and this kid is something we can build on. We just have to hit 2020 NFL Draft out of the park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC0VQtIPNX0

My man Ike got a bad rap

Tell you something if this kids balls out today pushing through the level of pain he must be in right now in the most physical position in all sports with the way he runs. You all have to crown his toughness right this minute. The kids disproving the RB valuation data that I personally felt was undisputable. Tell me any of you want to see us go with Richard and Washington?

^^ Only Erick feels like that breh.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast