Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I would love Frank and Dennis to surprise us the most and become a dynamic pg tandem, and if they do that, and get lottery level contributions from RJ, and improvement from Trier and Dotson out back court will be impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    If you're not excited by this guy I don't know what you want to see. Oh wait, maybe you would rather have KD at more than double Randle's salary and wait 2 years for him to get back to form at 33-34 years old... Typical Knicks fan influenced by media hype...lol

https://youtu.be/Ak-XvY6WY2g

#Bulius #BelikeBill
    Ummm yeea noooooooo. Not excited at all actually

well on Oct 25th I hope all the knicks surprise and kicked the nets butts.......

They will have kyrie jersey night giving away 10,000 jerseys that night..........hmmm rubbing a little salt on the wound?

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    well on Oct 25th I hope all the knicks surprise and kicked the nets butts.......

They will have kyrie jersey night giving away 10,000 jerseys that night..........hmmm rubbing a little salt on the wound?
    Damn...

What team ever has a Jersey Giveaway night? Talk about aggressive attempts to build hype..
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-15-2019 at 07:37 AM.

IDK, my read on the giveaway is that they are giving away over half a mill of merch just to make sure Barclays is not flooded with Knick jerseys, which is still probably will be.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    IDK, my read on the giveaway is that they are giving away over half a mill of merch just to make sure Barclays is not flooded with Knick jerseys, which is still probably will be.
    Yup, no other way to see it. That, and they are pretty liberal in general with giveaways, to try and fill the seats overall

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Yup, no other way to see it. That, and they are pretty liberal in general with giveaways, to try and fill the seats overall
    The spin I've been seeing online is that this is some sort of power move or "shots fired" from the Nets or something. It appears to me a desperate attempt at masking the amount of Knick fans that flood their arena. I'm sure they will try some other weird gimmicks to artificially get their attendance numbers to a respectable level this year.

Our brains are wired to find things we’re looking for – if you’re always cynical or waiting for things to go wrong, then your life will reflect that. On the other hand, having a positive outlook on life will bring you joy and provide you with inspiration when you least expect it. Images

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    The spin I've been seeing online is that this is some sort of power move or "shots fired" from the Nets or something. It appears to me a desperate attempt at masking the amount of Knick fans that flood their arena. I'm sure they will try some other weird gimmicks to artificially get their attendance numbers to a respectable level this year.
    Yeah, was just looking. They have a bunch of Marvel themed bobbleheads, and a Biggie bobblehead. Do most other teams even do that? Don’t remember seeing that much at MSG

Was looking at a site that said something along the “shots fired” or “throwing shade” line of thought. First user comment was “seems real thirsty...”. That about sums it up...
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-15-2019 at 09:40 AM.

the point was they are giving away Jersey's, most teams do not do that, they give away T-Shirts that fans put on during the game.

I've been to Nets games, and it's more of a 70-30 split so I don't think that will change. I mean if you went to Barclays and watched the game would you put the jersey on as a Knick fan?

Probably not. I'd take the Jersey though and give it to a young Nets fan who can't afford one though.

I'm also guessing that for KD's first game back vs the Knicks at Barclay they will do the same thing?

I'm also guessing Jordan doesn't rate that high lol.

Will there be a levert Jersey night as well? Probably not!

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I'm also guessing that for KD's first game back vs the Knicks at Barclay they will do the same thing?

I'm also guessing Jordan doesn't rate that high lol.

Will there be a levert Jersey night as well? Probably not!
    I think they are protecting themselves from a potential PR setback. They have proud new ownership and I'm sure his #1 goal is to get a massive boost in attendance this year. But not only that, this is the NBA and obviously there is a chance the Knicks can go in there and win that game and also flood the arena in blue and orange and boo the Nets off the court at the same time. That would be an early season PR nightmare for the Nets. The Knicks obviously have a chance to get wiped off the court and face the media barrage but they are kind of playing with house money because they have low expectations this year and also have no problem dominating the attendance/fan categories.

Don't know if anyone caught it but last year they had audio set to drown out the Knick fans cheers during the games. This is a similar tactic to mask the visuals IMO.

Trier is working out with Harden, his shot looks pure. If Trier can come off the bench and put up 15-20ppg that would be huge and he would carve himself a long-term role on this young team.

https://youtu.be/8DN9KY1pEA0

Ima laugh when trier becomes a starter everone keeps thinking trier is a sixth man only will be terribly wrong dude was only a ROOKIE last year i expect big things in his 2nd year

If Trier can hit that spot up jumper just like he was able to off the dribble, I definitely could see him starting late in the season in the backcourt with RJ. Knicks have to give DS a chance but there's no doubt in my mind that with him and RJ sharing PG duties, he couldn't be a good starter. Also, RJ needs the ball to be effective and having a PG who can shoot, is a big benefit to his game. Right now, the guy that's proven to be able to run the O and hit the J, has been Trier...and Iggy but I won't go there...lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast