Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Cleveland Browns 0-1 @ NY Jets 0-1: Week 2

Get a new kicker.
    #iwantcodyparkerasoftoday

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Get a new kicker.
    #iwantcodyparkerasoftoday
    Works for me. Their seeming lack of urgency around this issue has been infuriating.

To say the least.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

The Jets will be holding a kicking tryout tomorrow with the intent of finding a new guy. Another rough outing for Vedvik who end up looking for his fourth team since last month

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I hope they give him a shot. 92%

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/0...r-jets-tryout/

Good story regardless.

**** off. Where's my title

Signed Sam Fickle to kick and traded a 6th round pick for Demarius Thomas.

Superbowl here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post

Superbowl here we come.
    Both good pick ups, given the options. Don't like giving up more draft capital, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Both good pick ups, given the options. Don't like giving up more draft capital, but whatever.
    It's like they traded Nickerson (6th) for Thomas (6th).

I guess Gase was disappointed in our receiver play on Sunday.

Superbowl here we come.
    Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
    Source: The #Jets are expected to sign FA K Sam Ficken, who won the kicker workout today. He was most recently with the #Packers.

That's not his Ficken name.
    Last edited by Claymation; 09-10-2019 at 04:50 PM.

Thomas isn't a bad sign. Like Clay said, we traded Nickerson for Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Thomas isn't a bad sign. Like Clay said, we traded Nickerson for Thomas.
    But was Thomas a need? Where's the oline help? The pass rush help? The CB help? How about an actual kicker?

Isn't Thomas a free agent after the year? We threw away a 6th round pick. What's he gonna do for us? Help us win 5 games instead of 4?

But was Thomas a need? Where's the oline help? The pass rush help? The CB help? How about an actual kicker?

Isn't Thomas a free agent after the year? We threw away a 6th round pick. What's he gonna do for us? Help us win 5 games instead of 4?
    That is a valid point. But they must feel there is value in a big safe target for Sam. Lord knows he won't be a deep threat. But if he can be a big body red zone target they probably feel it is worth it. Doubt he would cost much if we want to bring him back in that role next year.

Yeah Thomas is a big safety blanket for Sam. If he stays healthy and can get any form of separation.

Should be an interesting game. With out lack of corners and pass rush and their crazy talented WRs it could be a long day.

Rippin' lips son!!

You take what you can get. There may not be any CBs or OL they like that are available for trade.

Quincy sucks on the outside.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast