Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Mush, if there is one out it is .333 of an inning. If there are 2 outs, it's .067 of an inning.
    Hence, an inning and a third.
    5.2 is .13 away from that, I agree. But based on a 3 out system, you can't have .2 of an inning.

You can do it on a whole game. 5.2% of a of a whole game or essentially, 1/20th would have a pitcher pitching for roughly 1.5 outs.
    Why do you people from the left always tell us that 3+2=5?

Fuzzy math.....

I get it Klown, I was just stirring the pot like a shitster....
    My Top20 Beatles Songs
    [B] 1. A Day in The Life 2. I am the Walrus 3. Eleanor Rigby 4. Something 5. You Never Give Me Your Money 6. She’s So Heavy 7. If I Fell 8. We can Work It Out 9. Golden Slumbers 10. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds 11. My Guitar Gently Weeps 12.Strawberry Fields Forever. 13 Hey Jude 14. Get Back 15 Yesterday 16. Let It Be 17. Hello, Goodbye 18. Magical Mystery Tour 19. Revolution 20. The Long and Windong Road ][/CENTER]

Nicky, apparently Georges check to the gatekeeper bounced (can you believe it), none of his messages or communication are getting through this season.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

If we do, it will be hysterical to watch the reaction.

It is kind of crazy how tight that race is. It brigs some meaning to these last games.

However, I'm sure if we don't get it, we will hear the obligatory,
    "We were playing to win the division and stay healthy"
    Kind of like Mush playing both sides! <g>
    My Top20 Beatles Songs
    [B] 1. A Day in The Life 2. I am the Walrus 3. Eleanor Rigby 4. Something 5. You Never Give Me Your Money 6. She’s So Heavy 7. If I Fell 8. We can Work It Out 9. Golden Slumbers 10. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds 11. My Guitar Gently Weeps 12.Strawberry Fields Forever. 13 Hey Jude 14. Get Back 15 Yesterday 16. Let It Be 17. Hello, Goodbye 18. Magical Mystery Tour 19. Revolution 20. The Long and Windong Road ][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

Fuzzy math.....

Actually Nick it's 2+3=5
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    What a stupid loss and most of it should be squarely on Boone. The way he managed the pitching was awful. The way he handles the pitching staff is just as big of a concern for me as our lack of starting pitching for the post season.. He's got to manage every game left like he's trying to win every game because of how important HF is going to be for us in the playoffs. When we get to the playoffs he absolutely needs to have a quick hook to use our elite pen to our advantage. Leaving a pitcher in there to give up 2-3 runs then even worse to not go with our rested A relievers when we still have a chance to win the game was mind boggling stupid. He managed this game like it didn't mean anything.

Do you guys think there is any chance that they would rather lose HF and play Minny instead of having to play whoever wins the WC? I do think there is a very good chance that the Rays, A's or possibly Cleveland could be the much tougher series. It wouldn't shock me if the WC team won the ALDS or at very least made it one hell of a tough series. Morton, Snell and Glasnow aren't 3 pitchers i'd look forward to facing

Cortes, Cessa and Adams are not good. To give up that many runs to basically a AAAA team is just embarrassing IMO. Cessa and Adams just need to be shot to the moon at this point.

Loaisiga just hasn't adjusted to the BP the way i was hoping. The stuff plays way up out of the pen and is absolutely nasty he's just seem to having a hard time with his control. Hopefully he can get it worked out in the next couple weeks because he could be another amazing weapon for us in the playoffs

Gardy has just been a beast this yr, this might be his best yr of his career. Fortunately he has had the horrible 2nd half slump he usually has had the last 3-4 yrs. I don't see anyway they don't resign him for next yr

Hopefully this was Didi breaking out of his mini slump and start of him getting hot for the playoffs. His LHed bat is going to be big for us in the playoffs especially with the likely hood Hicks is done for the yr

Gleyber continues to impress everyday. I still can't believe he's only in his 2nd yr and 22. I have very little doubt that he's going to break Soriano's record of 39hrs for a Yankee middle infielder and again in only his 2nd yr. He's putting himself in the discussion for the best 2nd baseman in baseball

EE is in full beast mode. Hopefully Stanton can play LF because EE should be getting the majority of the AB's at DH. Unless Stanton comes back hot i'm not sure you could justify him getting the majority of the AB's at DH over EE.

Just another observation. How far in the dog house can Frazier possibly be for Maybin who's fighting an injury and Wade who is primarily an infielder to get the starts in the OF over him. He must have pissed off the front office and Boone far worse than we realize if he's not even getting any playing time in Sept when were short on OFers. You'd at least think because of the injuries to Stanton, Hicks and Talkman they would want him getting playing times just in case they need him in the playoffs. If this isn't a crystal clear sign that they believe he has no future on this team and they will be looking very hard to move him this winter i don't know what is
    I agree that this loss is on Boone. However, some of the blame goes to the Yankees front office, which I'll explain below. Back to Boone. If you are going to pitch Ottavino and Britton in a tight game, then you must go toChapman or at least Kahle or Greene in the 9th. Not to do so is to Booneheaded.

As for the Yankees front office. The Yankees had most of their scouting department at the game last night, including Tim Naehring, who is Cashman's right hand man to evaluate ...not the Tigers...but the Yankees. IMO, they needed to evaluate the team for the playoff roster. Why else would we have a dozen scouts at the game. It would seem that Hicks is probably out for the season and that Tauchman definitely is out. Therefore, the Yankees must need to evaluate outfield options. Stanton still isn't 100% an option, so you have what might become an overworked Gardner and Judge. So, the scouts were evaluating how much Clint Frazier's fielding has improved in LF and deciding whether Wade could play OF in a pinch (both failed throwing runners out at home). Maybin came in, once Voit pinch hit for Wade. Two of these three guys are probably going to make the roster, unless Mike Ford makes it, which is a major longshot, but they also played Ford at 1B to evaluate him, as well. Getting back to Stanton, if he's able to hit, he'll play, even if he can't play the outfield too well. I wouldn't do it, but considering the Yankees investment in him, I believe they would. That means that Encarnacion will lose at bats at DH. With Luke Voit struggling, I think they would e better off playing Encarnacion at 1B and in that scenario, they would have Voit as a backup and coming off the bench as a pinch hitter, which is also what he did last night. They also used Estrada as a pinch runner, which might be the only chance he gets to make the roster, if Wade craps out.

On the pitching side, they need to make a determination on a long reliever or two. Since this was a bullpen game, they evaluated Cortez and Cessa each for a couple of innings, Gearin for an inning and wanted to see if Loaisiga could work an inning or two and then they brought in Chance Adams, who physically could have gone 3 or 4 in extra innings, but who's talent only allowed 1/3 of an inning. Cortez failed holding the lead and Cessa was even worse giving up 2 straight hits when he entered the game.Gearin also gave up two runs and Loaisiga was butt awful and Adams lost the game, so all 5 failed miserably and hopefully none to only one make the post season roster.

It will be interesting to see, whether these what seems like a dozen scouts, spend the entire series with the team because tonight is a CC Sabathia knee and a Domingo German long relief appearance game. It would be interesting to get the read on how German warms up for his relief performance etc.

Overall, if Boone did all this at the team's direction, it deflects some of the blame, however, there is no way that he should have lost that game under any circumstances with the Yankees scoring 11 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Nicky, apparently Georges check to the gatekeeper bounced (can you believe it), none of his messages or communication are getting through this season.
    I miss the days when George called out his manager....

Last night was the perfect scenario for Hal to unload on Boone....

But he won’t

People are tooooooo soft.
    My Top20 Beatles Songs

As for resting the players, by all means if you are going to rest Judge and DJ, do it on a less important series. My biggest concern with resting them is that they tend to get rested on the same day, which takes two of our top OBP hitters and fielders out of the lineup. Last night, their bats might not have been needed, but Boone should break up their off days. At least he doesn't rest Didi and Torres on the same day and play Wade and Valera.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    As for resting the players, by all means if you are going to rest Judge and DJ, do it on a less important series. My biggest concern with resting them is that they tend to get rested on the same day, which takes two of our top OBP hitters and fielders out of the lineup. Last night, their bats might not have been needed, but Boone should break up their off days. At least he doesn't rest Didi and Torres on the same day and play Wade and Valera.
    Boone is a former player, he can’t be that dumb....nobody is that dumb.

I’m starting to think the analytics department is telling him what to do.....and the same with bullpen moves last night.....Besides Kahnle whonwas overtaxed in the RedSox series?

And the road BS with Chapman is just that, BS...

Following unwritten rules is a fckn joke and will cost you your job one day....

Chapman could have went 2 innings last night......

We deserve to lose HF to Houston after that crap last night.....It is one thing if they were beating our best but Cessna, Adams and others? Come on Boone! Play to win until things are clinched!

As soon as I heard Adams was in WE ALL KNEW it was going to be a loss!
    My Top20 Beatles Songs

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Actually Nick it's 2+3=5
    My bad...it was supposed to be

2+2=5
    My Top20 Beatles Songs

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Fuzzy math.....

Well stirred, Mush

**** off. Where's my title

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    My bad...it was supposed to be

2+2=5
    That's not left or right, that's Orwellian

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    Im not doing that on air! Im too shy..
    I call BS

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Boyd is tough and has been hot lately....a loss tonight would not be a surprise.....

Leo is probably loading up tonight!
    My Top20 Beatles Songs

Boyd is tough and has been hot lately....a loss tonight would not be a surprise.....

Leo is probably loading up tonight!
    The odds are insane. It’s like $285. Stay tuned.

I lost 3/4 this weekend thanks to you! Worth it though.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

That's not left or right, that's Orwellian
    yea it’s ORWELLIAN...wasn’t trying to jump in the deep end with my reference.

I also heard Rush Limbaugh clones using the 2+2=5 reference...
    My Top20 Beatles Songs

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast