Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I was against Grier, didn't think he had the ability to plant the seeds for a real rebuild.

But I was wrong, he's done as good a job as I could of imagined.

And I don't think flores would of came here if he thought Grier wasn't on the same page, based on the moves so far, they clearly are on the same page.
    Yea so far I'm happy with Griers plan. I think he went a little overboard with the Tunsil trade but overall good. But it still remains to be seen how well he can build a team. His drafts so far have been hit or miss.

And Flores said in his intro press conference that he wasnt going to go to a team unless everyone agreed on the direction. He knew exactly what he was signing up for.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

It's easy to agree on a blowup and rebuild. It's harder to agree on how to rebuild. Also, if Grier had final say then I am not behind him. I always thought it smelled like Tannenbaum. I wish I knew because I could save myself a lot of time if I knew.

I can see Tannenbaum being the likely culprit of alot of the bad players this team had. But if our drafts have been mediocre at best, then I would say thats on Grier and his scouting team. Would Tannenbaum/Ross really draft a player if the scouting dept didn't do their work on the kid? I don't know. All I know is that I can't wait for the hockey season to start since my football season is over and doesn't start again until March lol

Again, it's one of those things where Grier may have ran the draft but he didn't have final say nor did he want it. He was offered full control during this rebuild and turned it down. So he'll put his input in there, and so far the only strong push I've heard he made was on Minkah. For the most part he seems to like the collaborative effort and won't force anything even if he likes the player more.

Can easily be his downfall.

Some interesting notes from the Miami Herald about why the team chose Harris and Geiscki over other players.

A Dolphins official insists Adam Gase pushed for the Dolphins to select Gesicki instead of Goedert, and management acquiesced to him.

“Goedert was a small school guy and a little bit of a different personality,” the team official said. “Gesicki was charming [in his interviews] and fit Adam’s vision of a third down and red zone threat. Goedert is a more point of attack guy.”

“Harris had more production in college and more consistency. T.J. was a Johnny Come Lately, and the concern was he was being overvalued because of the connection to his brother. He got penalized for being JJ’s brother [a reference to Houston Texans All-Pro J.J. Watt]. Takk McKinley had a track record at UCLA, but we leaned toward Harris.”

That draft choice, incidentally, was a group decision among general manager Chris Grier, scouts and others.

I still like Gesicki but I really wanted TJ comming out but I do understand he wasn't a good fit for the 4-3 we where running. Was a bit too light coming out. McKinley hasn't been that good either, just average but better than Harris.

Apparently Kenyan Drake is on the trading block now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I still like Gesicki but I really wanted TJ comming out but I do understand he wasn't a good fit for the 4-3 we where running. Was a bit too light coming out. McKinley hasn't been that good either, just average but better than Harris.
    I hate when people act like TJ was this obvious prospect coming out as if a ton of teams didnt pass on him. He looks good but Harris looked solid coming out as well. I preferred McKinley coming out but its not picking on prospects.

And Geiscki can still be good, but Goedert had the look of an obvious talent outside of the talent he played around. But I wont ever blame anyone for being upset about the 2018 draft when you consider we took a Safety and TE before James and Goedert who both look incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Apparently Kenyan Drake is on the trading block now too.
    It seems obvious that the staff isn't going to use him so might as well try and get something before he walks next year. My only issue with it is that they prefer Ballage over him and I feel like Ballage is extremely overrated.

KD after the game

"Dolphins tailback Kenyan Drake says he has heard about the rumors he’s being shopped, asked the team about it and they told him “there is no validity to it.”

Armando before the game also said he that they havent been shopping Drake.

Minkah after the game said as long has he's got the team colors on his chest then hes a Dolphin.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    It seems obvious that the staff isn't going to use him so might as well try and get something before he walks next year. My only issue with it is that they prefer Ballage over him and I feel like Ballage is extremely overrated.
    I felt like the plan all along was to trade him, so they didn't want him to get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    KD after the game

"Dolphins tailback Kenyan Drake says he has heard about the rumors he’s being shopped, asked the team about it and they told him “there is no validity to it.”

Armando before the game also said he that they havent been shopping Drake.

Minkah after the game said as long has he's got the team colors on his chest then hes a Dolphin.
    Its clear he doesn't care to be a part of this team anymore after this comment. I thought that maybe he would come around if he were playing in a position he believes would be his strength. Sucks . . . but I guess its time to trade him.

Add the Steelers to the list of tank teams this year. Big Ben is out for the year with an elbow injury.

This is why I was completely ok with the scorched earth approach. Theres always a few teams that are surprisingly bad.

So maybe our 2020 2nd rd pick will be decent too now that Brees is out for 6 weeks. HOU looked bad again yesterday.

But PIT has a decent defense and ground game. I'm more worried about CIN being worse than us. We have to lose to CIN this season. I'd take a 1-15 season right now. not a 0-16 one though.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    So maybe our 2020 2nd rd pick will be decent too now that Brees is out for 6 weeks. HOU looked bad again yesterday.

But PIT has a decent defense and ground game. I'm more worried about CIN being worse than us. We have to lose to CIN this season. I'd take a 1-15 season right now. not a 0-16 one though.
    Cincinnati has been the biggest fear of mine all years but Zac Taylor looks like hes putting together a decent offense actually. I was praying they would best the Seahawks because they always fall for the trap games even though they're a better team.

And honestly man I dont even care, just get the top pick. Only reason I would root for 1-15 is for the players sanity. But since two teams have already done it before I dont think 0-16 hurts nearly as much as it did in 07.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast