Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    We have signed linebacker Calvin Munson off New Englandís practice squad and placed linebacker Raekwon McMillan on injured reserve.

Also in the most non-surprising news of the day, no Dolphins were chosen for the Pro Bowl. Although everyone is starting the debate for Parker over Landry.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 12-17-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    We have signed linebacker Calvin Munson off New Englandís practice squad and placed linebacker Raekwon McMillan on injured reserve.

Also in the most non-surprising news of the day, no Dolphins were chosen for the Pro Bowl. Although everyone is starting the debate for Parker over Landry.
    Stat wise(except for TD's), Landry has been the better receiver so I'll go with Landry...

I actually think that's good for Parker... He was very close and he's having his best year... He can play with a chip on his shoulder next season, especially since the Phins should have a better season...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Of course the media asked Parker about it today and he shot everything down. Said he doesnt care about the pro bowl because of how political it is and how he wouldnt have played in it even if he got in.

Of course the media asked Parker about it today and he shot everything down. Said he doesnt care about the pro bowl because of how political it is and how he wouldnt have played in it even if he got in.
    Hmmm...I like this new pissy Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Stat wise(except for TD's), Landry has been the better receiver so I'll go with Landry...

I actually think that's good for Parker... He was very close and he's having his best year... He can play with a chip on his shoulder next season, especially since the Phins should have a better season...
    I wonder how Parker would do with OBJ and a run game around him. Also, check the difference in plays over 40 yards. Parker is much more explosive than Landry and I think he is just scratching the surface now, while Landry is probably at his ceiling. And those TD's are what win games, along with the explosive plays in most cases.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 12-19-2019 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    I wonder how Parker would do with OBJ and a run game around him. Also, check the difference in plays over 40 yards. Parker is much more explosive than Landry and I think he is just scratching the surface now, while Landry is probably at his ceiling. And those TD's are what win games, along with the explosive plays in most cases.
    Parker is much more explosive, but not as good as making people miss on tackles. Also, Fitzpatrick has been the better QB this year. Landry was never known for his explosiveness though . . . he was always known as the go to guy for an almost guaranteed catch in tight windows

Flo announced today that X had knee surgery a few days ago. Apparently it was a scope. He said that it's too early to tell if hell be ready for the offseason program.

Should have traded him when we had the chance. I love X but this is now a legitimate concern with his knees. In 3 out of 4 years in the NFL hes had knee injuries shorten is season.

Flo announced today that X had knee surgery a few days ago. Apparently it was a scope. He said that it's too early to tell if hell be ready for the offseason program.

Should have traded him when we had the chance. I love X but this is now a legitimate concern with his knees. In 3 out of 4 years in the NFL hes had knee injuries shorten is season.
    I wouldn't even want him to go to the offseason program... Flores obviously has had enough with the tank... Starting next season it's all about having a healthy roster and building on this years work...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Yeah i wanted to trade him too, but also cant blame the staff for keeping a lockdown corner in his prime.

Lockdown corners are hard to find, and change a lot of games in todays nfl.

Just seems ridiculous to have kept a th CB coming up on a huge pay day with injury concerns and trade away the franchise LT and 2nd year FS just because you wanted to move hin around.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Parker is much more explosive, but not as good as making people miss on tackles. Also, Fitzpatrick has been the better QB this year. Landry was never known for his explosiveness though . . . he was always known as the go to guy for an almost guaranteed catch in tight windows
    Whether you break a tackle or get open further downfield, advancing the ball a yard and a half more per catch is a win. Also, when Landry breaks tackles, a lot of the time it results in a lot of juking and movement side to side and eventually getting tackled again very quickly. I'm not arguing; they are 2 very different receivers, but I think receivers in the mold of what Parker appears to be becoming are more coveted than guys that do what Landry does.
    Or Parker could go back to being a part-time player next year.

Just seems ridiculous to have kept a th CB coming up on a huge pay day with injury concerns and trade away the franchise LT and 2nd year FS just because you wanted to move hin around.
    I wasn't a big fan of extending X but it was solely on his knee history.

Trading Tunsil for 2 firsts was the easiest decision a GM could make. He just now made his 1st pro bowl with these stats..

12 False Starts
    2 Offensive Holdings
    3 Ineligible Downfield

AND he's going to sign a lucrative long term extension. Laremy even said he'd trade himself for 2 firsts.
    No brainer to trade him away for 2 firsts.

Minkah didn't want to be here for the rebuild and didn't want to be all over the field. The trade was a win win for both franchises and for the player.

The Howard signing was perfectly fine. He was a stud CB who is going to be the center of our defense for (hopefully) years to come. Could we have received a 1st rd pick? Sure we could have. But keeping him long term was a clear goal of the FO. He's a sure-fire lockdown CB, which is not easy to find in the NFL. I'd definitely get more secondary help because we all know he's not going to play 16 games in a season, but I'd take 14 regular season games a year and the potential playoffs the next couple of years over 16 regular season games this year.

I would give Howard a week or two off every year, especially if we become perennial playoff contenders

We're officially a 1 point underdog against the Bengals. I legit believe that we can lose this game all of a sudden. The main reason I thought we would win was because I believed our coaching staff is just that much better than the Bengals, but I felt that way about the Giants game too.

At some point the talent just takes over. The Bengals defensive line will feast all day but so did the Eagles and Fitz went off. I think if the Bengals can score 25 then they win.

Our entire defense alnost is dudes of the street, no reason we should win.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast