Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    If Fitz stays they will likely reward him with a raise.
    When has a NFL team every given a straight raise to a player? They might guarantee some of his contract, hell maybe all of it but I don't see them giving him more. 1.5M of his 2020 deal is already guaranteed. His career average per year before we signed him was 4.1M as it was.
    Last edited by Wrench; 12-11-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Money isnt even an issue, we have lots of it, if they love teddy, paying him isnt an issue, especially if its something where only a few years are guaranteed.

And with the beating fitz took this year, he may even retire at his age.

Yea Fitz wont get a raise. No one else will pay him and hes still projected to be the starter for us next year which he values.

And I'm good without Teddy honestly. I like him but the whole point of this rebuild is to do the eagles and seahawks model. Find the rookie QB and use everything else to build the roster.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Yea Fitz wont get a raise. No one else will pay him and hes still projected to be the starter for us next year which he values.

And I'm good without Teddy honestly. I like him but the whole point of this rebuild is to do the eagles and seahawks model. Find the rookie QB and use everything else to build the roster.
    The thing is finding rookie qbs who you think can learn this system and run it are becoming super rare.

These college qbs arent learning how to be pure pocket passers who can run a pro offense anymore.

Most of them cant even make multiple reads, in bellichecks book he talks about it. Basically said none of these college guys can run a true pro offense anymore.

So depending on the draft to find that guy, isnt so easy.

Look at goff, jackson, haskins, allen, murray, none of them can make multiple reads and deliver it. But in our offense, you have to.

I disagree with a lot that has been mentioned on signing a vet qb when we already have one on the cheap. I have zero interest in paying Teddy when we have just about every other hole to fix first especially the o line. Until we address the o line with 2 good signings and 1 more draft pick or vice versa then why put a 25 mil qb behind this o line? That's a bonehead move.

We will have a lot of cap space $100mil + but not the most and not by far the most. I don;t see Miami go wild in free agency except for 2 o lineman. Hopefully their goal is to carry over a decent amount of cap for 1 more year to pair with the haul of draft picks we currently have.

Again, I think the signing of a vet qb at $20+ mil is a terrible idea. We already have 1 who the staff and locker room loves at a heck of a cheap price. Greta value in Fitz. Build the rest of the roster then get your qb, a rookie qb.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Money isnt even an issue, we have lots of it, if they love teddy, paying him isnt an issue, especially if its something where only a few years are guaranteed.

And with the beating fitz took this year, he may even retire at his age.
    Teddy is getting a starter deal and will be multiple years, why would the Phins do that? We only need a guy for next season. We are not going to sign a guy and block a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Teddy is getting a starter deal and will be multiple years, why would the Phins do that? We only need a guy for next season. We are not going to sign a guy and block a rookie.
    How do you know we are drafting a rookie qb and we only need a qb for 1 year?

Where do you get this information from? What qb are we drafting, we would all like to know since you do.

The best rookie qb in the draft may never even play in the nfl, he had metal inserted into his body, he could get diseased, and that would be the end of his career.

Maybe we draft or trade up for burrow? Who knows....

But no one should be talking in guarantees right now about anything this off season as far qb position goes.

You're arguing just for the sake of arguing at this point. The team obviously is looking to draft a QB.

This is the final quote from Ross in today's article from Armando.

"I think I have the coach. Now itís a matter of going into the draft and identifying that quarterback. Thatís the work that has to be done.Ē

I understand you like Rosen, but the team is making it very clear that they're looking to find someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    You're arguing just for the sake of arguing at this point. The team obviously is looking to draft a QB.

This is the final quote from Ross in today's article from Armando.

"I think I have the coach. Now itís a matter of going into the draft and identifying that quarterback. Thatís the work that has to be done.Ē

I understand you like Rosen, but the team is making it very clear that they're looking to find someone else.
    It has nothing to do with liking rosen or not.

If you dont like the qbs available to you, or cant get the qbs you like than your not drafting a qb high.

If we were getting the 1st pick in the draft, id expect to draft a qb.

But even if you draft tua which is hardly a guarantee he will be available, although i do believe the giants will be willing to trade back, you still need another qb for the next 2 seasons.

Its not guaranteed tua will ever play a down in the NFL, teams wont know how his body reacted to the metal until after the draft. So you have to plan for that.

And if we dont draft tua or burrow than who is QB that were drafting in the 1st round, because i dont see one, and dont even tell me herbert, he is straight up terrible.

It has nothing to do with liking rosen or not.

If you dont like the qbs available to you, or cant get the qbs you like than your not drafting a qb high.

If we were getting the 1st pick in the draft, id expect to draft a qb.

But even if you draft tua which is hardly a guarantee he will be available, although i do believe the giants will be willing to trade back, you still need another qb for the next 2 seasons.

Its not guaranteed tua will ever play a down in the NFL, teams wont know how his body reacted to the metal until after the draft. So you have to plan for that.

And if we dont draft tua or burrow than who is QB that were drafting in the 1st round, because i dont see one, and dont even tell me herbert, he is straight up terrible.
    Gettleman doesn't trade back in Round 1. So that isn't happening especially if Chase Young is there. If he isn't then there is a possibility but highly unlikely.

We don't have to draft a qb at all if Tua and Burrow aren't there. Wait until 2021 to draft one in round 1, probably a trade up, while we build the o line and defense this year.

I'm fine with Fitz and Rosen next year. Rosen's value is very low so there is no point in trading him. Maybe the staff likes him but doesn't want him playing behind this o line. Maybe the staff doesn't see anything in him.
    Who cares. He's an extremely cheap back up qb on a 3-11 team.

I don't see the issue with Rosen being on this team this year and next year but this Rosen talk is very worn out.

I'd keep both Fitz and Rosen for 2020, since both already know the playbook. I was never a Bridgewater fan, and I'm still not. To be honest, I'd take Tyrod Taylor over Bridgewater as a starter for this team, but thats my own personal opinion. Tons of people would disagree lol. MIA was in on both those guys last year.

No matter what, the OL and run game has to be addressed even before QB is.

Also, am I the only one that would trade the HOU or PIT 1st rd pick for Jamal Adams? I'd love him on this defense.

I'm not sure anyone has ever said to move on from Rosen. I've simply said I dont think hes ever going to be good. I'm perfectly ok with waiting another year to draft a QB. But I dont think that means Rosen is the starter next year at all. I'd still expect Fitz honestly.

And I'm good without Adam's. Dude specifically said he wont change his play style even if it means penalties. I just dont see his personality matching with Flo. I also think hes very limited as hes pretty much a box safety.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Gettleman doesn't trade back in Round 1. So that isn't happening especially if Chase Young is there. If he isn't then there is a possibility but highly unlikely.

We don't have to draft a qb at all if Tua and Burrow aren't there. Wait until 2021 to draft one in round 1, probably a trade up, while we build the o line and defense this year.

I'm fine with Fitz and Rosen next year. Rosen's value is very low so there is no point in trading him. Maybe the staff likes him but doesn't want him playing behind this o line. Maybe the staff doesn't see anything in him.
    Who cares. He's an extremely cheap back up qb on a 3-11 team.

I don't see the issue with Rosen being on this team this year and next year but this Rosen talk is very worn out.
    Giants have a ton of holes in their defense. Young would be great for them, but they need a lot more than that.

Put it this way, they are far more likly to trade back than any other team that could draft ahead of us.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 12-13-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I'd keep both Fitz and Rosen for 2020, since both already know the playbook. I was never a Bridgewater fan, and I'm still not. To be honest, I'd take Tyrod Taylor over Bridgewater as a starter for this team, but thats my own personal opinion. Tons of people would disagree lol. MIA was in on both those guys last year.

No matter what, the OL and run game has to be addressed even before QB is.

Also, am I the only one that would trade the HOU or PIT 1st rd pick for Jamal Adams? I'd love him on this defense.
    I love tyrod, but i dont see him running this type of offense, thats always been the knock on him.

Giants have a ton of holes in their defense. Young would be great for them, but they need a lot more than that.

Put it this way, they are far more likly to trade back than any other team that could draft ahead of us.
    You're not wrong but Gettleman has literally NEVER traded a pick in his career. You'd have to hope that the Giants fired him in order for them to even listen to an offer. If not than they're going to stay and draft Young

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast