Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Apparently it is a torn ACL per Barry Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    That's just factually incorrect. The RPO is one of the most common play designs in the NFL now. And if anything this year should prove that a good coach can adapt and run a "college scheme". Lamar Jackson just killed the Pat's with a scheme built specifically for him and the Cardinals almost upset the 49ers with a college scheme. And you can directly credit Doug Pederson with Wentz's development by running an RPO based scheme.
    I knew someone would say something like this, teams in the nfl use rpo, but no one but arizona runs a straight rpo system.

Not even baltimore. Not philly, not kc, nobody.

And burrow is no athlete like those guys running higher rate rpo plays, mahomes, jackson, murray.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 11-04-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I'd rather they have eyes on 2021 than to take a QB just for the sake of taking a QB. If they have one guy in mind, and they don't get him, then move your sights to the 2021 draft and start to build a foundation for a future franchise QB.

Also, I disagree about Lawrence. I think he is legit. So yeah if MIA has to wait until 2021 to get a QB they love, then so be it. As long as they have a plan, I'll be happy.
    Im not saying we should force a qb pick, or that we would considering we have rosen as insurance.

But trying to build a winning team without a qb, is a nightmare. I mean, you can wait until 21, that doesnt mean youll get any of the guys you want in that draft either.

Does miami really want to continue down this road that we have been on since marino left?

If we fall out of top 5, which honestly it looks like thats going to happen now, Jacob Eason is a qb id be looking at really hard with the steelers pick.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    That's just factually incorrect. The RPO is one of the most common play designs in the NFL now. And if anything this year should prove that a good coach can adapt and run a "college scheme". Lamar Jackson just killed the Pat's with a scheme built specifically for him and the Cardinals almost upset the 49ers with a college scheme. And you can directly credit Doug Pederson with Wentz's development by running an RPO based scheme.
    Pretty much what I came here to say, the RPO is part of many NFL styles offenses now. Good coaches who know what they are doing build the offense around who they have at starting QB. Even then the RPO still works for non-running QBs as we saw with a Pederson run RPO by Foles win a SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Pretty much what I came here to say, the RPO is part of many NFL styles offenses now. Good coaches who know what they are doing build the offense around who they have at starting QB. Even then the RPO still works for non-running QBs as we saw with a Pederson run RPO by Foles win a SB.
    Its a part of nfl systems but no where near the majority is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Its a part of nfl systems but no where near the majority is the point.
    Nor is it in the LSU system, so I'm lost in the point you are trying to make.

Yes. Whether people want to agree or not, Foles actually took off in Wentz's place when they went to more RPO's for him. That's what their coach said anyway.
    I also think the Ravens showed that, if anything, an option offense is a good way to beat the cheats. If you have options within a play, even when they "mysteriously" know what you are running for a play, you still have options within that play. That means you can still beat them if your guys sustain their blocks and your athletes are at least as good as theirs. That's not from a coach, just me thinking after watching the game last night.

I was pissed that the Steelers and Texans both won, but it was great for me that the only cheats game I watched this year is the game they lost. That's always sweet.

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/st...902347776?s=20

Walton gone 4 games for violating NFL conduct and substance abuse policies.

So just lost our two best weapons on offense.

Lol the football gods saw us screw up the tank and decided to gift us by taking two of our top offensive players. I guess this means we get to force Liard and Ballage out there and see Ballage they've got.

And I really dont know how anyone is watching LSUs offense and thinks it's being ran through a majority of the RPO. It's a core piece of their offense but it's not like it's the wishbone offense. It's not being run any more than anyone else, espcially Alabama.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Apparently it is a torn ACL per Barry Jackson
    The way they talked in the press conference made it sound a lot worse lol.

The team expects him to be out most of the offseaso and possibly the start of camp. The ACL is usually a 9 month rehab so it's a major bummer. Unless hes one of those freaks that just kills the rehab process it's hard to imagine him making a major impact next year.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Nor is it in the LSU system, so I'm lost in the point you are trying to make.
    Yes that seems pretty consistent with you

Sucks for williams, but he really brought his A game after going undrafted, i told everyone after the draft he would be one of the top rookie wrs in the draft and he didnt disappoint.

Sucks for walton too, i expected he would eventually take the #1 rb job here, but we knew this was coming, at least it will be done and over with and hopfully he can continue focusing on his nfl career.

Will be nice to get Gaskins and Laird more involved with walton and drake gone now. Both of them are players are like.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Yes that seems pretty consistent with you
    Guess you don't understand a spread offense and how multiple NFL teams now run them.

Guess you don't understand a spread offense and how multiple NFL teams now run them.
    Why are you still trying to embarass yourself, we keep doing this and you keep embarassing yourself for no reason.

There is zero chance burrow is going to run a heavy rpo offense in the NFL. There is absolutely nothing here to debate.

This is just like the sparq conversation we had, where instead of accepting an obvioua truth you just keep burying yourself in a hole.

College teams run way more rpo sets than the nfl because of the different rules and lack of athletic talent and difference in the hash marks, theres no debating any of this.

For burrow to be good in the nfl he will have to be able to run a straight pro system, he wont be ae to depend on rpo anymore the way he is now, youll see this topic come up a lot as the draft gets closer.

If you look at the team stats you can clearly see the growth and development with this team under this coaching staff.

Most teams in tank mode get worse as the year goes, players just stop trying and caring.

But under flores, the offense is scoring more as the season goes on, the defense is right around the league average in ppg, which is pretty freaking amazing, and were #1 in the nfl at not committing penalties.

So even though were tanking, the coaching is clearly working.

My only worry is we could could really win another game or 2. But still, the team stats show a team on the up which is nice.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast