Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Fins should take Young with 1st or 2nd pick, then take with the Steelers pick or trade up with the Steelers & Texans pick and grab Tua or Burrow.

I still want Jordan Love

Burrow didnt look anything like this last year and that worries me. Is it the new offense or is it him? He certainly wont be running this offense in the NFL.

I'm glad they got their first win out of the way. Did not want them going 0-16. But the PIT win stings a lot. But we really do not know what the FO game plan is. They could be in love with potential 2021 QBs and decide to build up the team in 2020 before drafting a franchise QB in 2021?

But its time to turn our attention to Chase Young now. I highly doubt we get the 1st pick, and the only team needing a QB in comp with us is CIN. They might screw the pooch and take Burrow #1, leaving Tua to slide to us.

But I think Chase Young is the BEST college player in the damn country, a straight up beast! You can't go wrong with him. I would be ecstatic with either Tua or Chase in a Phins uni.

I would most certainly trade back with both the PIT and HOU picks now. I would gun for 3 1sts in 2021.

Like I said previously . . . we have a crap ton of cap room and draft picks. Make no mistake, if Brady becomes a FA, MIA most certainly will talk to his camp. I could see them sticking with Fitz next year as well.

As fans, we are clamoring for one thing, when the FO is two steps ahead

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Burrow didnt look anything like this last year and that worries me. Is it the new offense or is it him? He certainly wont be running this offense in the NFL.
    I mean they did change to a more pro system and brought in a guy from the Saints. In my eyes thats a good thing, it's not a gmick style offence like alot of teams run in college.

He also started to play a lot better towards the end of the year last year. His final 3 games of the season he threw for roughly 1000 yards and 9 TDs while completing roughly 65% of his passes. I'm still a little nervous at the small sample size but mentally hes shown everything you want from a top pick. He's got plenty of help around him but his accuracy and decision making are things that transition very well.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I don't know about you all but I'm more upset with the Steelers sneaking one out vs a Hoyer led Colts team than Miami beating the Jets.

Tell me I'm not the only one here!!!

Someone said it earlier and I agree Chase Young is the best player int he draft by far. I would have no problem taking him if Tua isn't there. I don't know how I feel about Burrow yet but I do know I'm not a fan of Herbert. He just reminds me of Tannehill/Mariota. That's the opinion I had of him last year and maybe I need to re-watch his film this yr so that's my preconceived opinion of him.

This roster is playing hard for the coaches so that tells me there's a lot of respect in that locker room.
    So all the d heads at ESPN including Young and Riddick can suck it. I'm sure we won't hear one word about Miami having the same record as Skins and Jets yet we are doing the whole "rest" or "rebuild" completely wrong.

I'm most certainly all in on either Tua or Chase . . . and there is no other option for me right now. I refuse to settle on a QB, so picking 3rd or 4th, I'm taking BPA. I honestly hope we get the 1st pick now that we have a win under our belt, because it won't be completely embarrassing, and I still want Tua really bad. But the way this team is playing, we're playing out of the 1st pick and closer to the 3rd or 4th pick right now.

I'm all for cashing in that PIT and/or HOU pick for a potential 2021 1st rd pick to chase Lawrence, if we don't get Tua.

Right now, I see now reason why this team does not beat CIN and NYJ again later this season. 3 wins is actually doable.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I'm most certainly all in on either Tua or Chase . . . and there is no other option for me right now. I refuse to settle on a QB, so picking 3rd or 4th, I'm taking BPA. I honestly hope we get the 1st pick now that we have a win under our belt, because it won't be completely embarrassing, and I still want Tua really bad. But the way this team is playing, we're playing out of the 1st pick and closer to the 3rd or 4th pick right now.

I'm all for cashing in that PIT and/or HOU pick for a potential 2021 1st rd pick to chase Lawrence, if we don't get Tua.

Right now, I see now reason why this team does not beat CIN and NYJ again later this season. 3 wins is actually doable.
    Not saying lawrence isnt good or cant be much better, but his hype is pretty much dead as of right now, and has been for most of the season.

Winning was so ridiculously stupid. Its fun short term, but could cost us dearly.

Lmao at the jets team basically shutting down on Gase, looks just like when he was in miami. Gase hates all his own players, they all hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I mean they did change to a more pro system and brought in a guy from the Saints. In my eyes thats a good thing, it's not a gmick style offence like alot of teams run in college.
    Its just another RPO system, thats not a pro style system by any means.

Not saying lawrence isnt good or cant be much better, but his hype is pretty much dead as of right now, and has been for most of the season.
    I'd rather they have eyes on 2021 than to take a QB just for the sake of taking a QB. If they have one guy in mind, and they don't get him, then move your sights to the 2021 draft and start to build a foundation for a future franchise QB.

Also, I disagree about Lawrence. I think he is legit. So yeah if MIA has to wait until 2021 to get a QB they love, then so be it. As long as they have a plan, I'll be happy.

Its just another RPO system, thats not a pro style system by any means.
    That's just factually incorrect. The RPO is one of the most common play designs in the NFL now. And if anything this year should prove that a good coach can adapt and run a "college scheme". Lamar Jackson just killed the Pat's with a scheme built specifically for him and the Cardinals almost upset the 49ers with a college scheme. And you can directly credit Doug Pederson with Wentz's development by running an RPO based scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I'd rather they have eyes on 2021 than to take a QB just for the sake of taking a QB. If they have one guy in mind, and they don't get him, then move your sights to the 2021 draft and start to build a foundation for a future franchise QB.

Also, I disagree about Lawrence. I think he is legit. So yeah if MIA has to wait until 2021 to get a QB they love, then so be it. As long as they have a plan, I'll be happy.
    That's where I'm at with it. I'm tired of all the Young talk but if we get the 3rd pick and Burrow/Tua are gone then I'm all for BPA and rolling with Rosen and Fitz next year. Dont force the QB pick unless you truly think the guy can be a top 10 QB. You already wasted a pick on Rosen, no need to waste one on Herbert.

But the problem is that the media always hypes up next years class and theyll do it again. 2020 was supposed to be it and now it's just Tua and Burrow who has plenty of concern with him. Herbert has destroyed his stock this year and Love looks like he should transfer and go another year. So theres no guarantee next years class doesnt do the same thing.

But at the end of the day I just dont believe this staff wont settle for Herbert. He has so many of the same problems that Rosen had so if this coaching staff thought they could fix him I dont see why they wouldnt try again with Herbert. It's why I was so adamant about going 0-16, purely because I wanted to stop the staff from screwing themselves over.

And just to really ruin today's mood, Flo just announced that Preson William's is out for the season with a leg injury. Terrible news coming after his breakout game. Hopefully he recovers well because he was really starting to show his potential.

Maybe the most concerning part is that Flo said theres no timetable for when he might be able to play again in 2020. Didnt mention any specific injury.

Really sucks that he hurt himself on a PR which he was forced to learn this year because of Grant's injuries. That Grant contract is hurting us in multiple ways now.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-04-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast