Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 446
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,125
    Anyway to find out what team holds the record for the highest average points against...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,125
    So Josh Rosen at 22 yrs old gets traded on draft night because the Cardinals picked Kyler Murray with the #1 pick...

    Would be pretty crazy for Rosen at 23 yrs old if the Phins land the #1 pick and trade away him away for Tua...

    He'd still be young enough to be a project for some QB coach...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    30,731
    Don't see Rosen being moved, he is an extremely cheap backup QB at worst. Good ones are about as hard to find as starters. Plus backups are getting to be pretty expensive, like 6-8M to just rid the bench. We only owe him that much for 3 seasons.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,704
    I also wouldnt be surprised if Rosen started a few games next season. Flores seems like the type to sit a rookie QB

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Don't see Rosen being moved, he is an extremely cheap backup QB at worst. Good ones are about as hard to find as starters. Plus backups are getting to be pretty expensive, like 6-8M to just rid the bench. We only owe him that much for 3 seasons.
    I hear you... Heck, I hope to see what he can do if Flores gives, I mean if Fitzgerald gives him a chance this season...

    I was just saying how funny that would be if it happened...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,125
    It's one game with 15 more to go for all 32 teams... Do you think Flores is even .0000001% regretting that he didn't stick it out one more season in NE... Very good chance they end up in the SB again and there may have been a few more interesting HC jobs openings next season... Just a thought...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,620
    But what other franchise was going to offer him guaranteed money for 5 years and allow him input into totally rebuilding a team? Tomorrow is never guaranteed . . .you take what you can get when its offered. in 4-5 years, the plan is to have Flores being the HC of a super bowl champion. He knows that. That's his plan, that's Ross' plan and that's Grier's plan.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,125
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    But what other franchise was going to offer him guaranteed money for 5 years and allow him input into totally rebuilding a team? Tomorrow is never guaranteed . . .you take what you can get when its offered. in 4-5 years, the plan is to have Flores being the HC of a super bowl champion. He knows that. That's his plan, that's Ross' plan and that's Grier's plan.
    IMO, he was going to be a leading candidate for any opening whether it was this season or next... I was just wondering about that minute regret... Yes, he's gonna have a boatload of picks and a chance to get a potential franchise QB, but that wasn't a thought when he took over... Grier made some great moves...

    Tomorrow isn't guaranteed, but if the Phins don't show an improving rebuild, his tenure may be short lived...

    The way this roster looks, he needs to address every single position IMO...

    I was on board with having Flores and Grier taking the reigns, and I think it will be a slow process, but it will start going in the right direction...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    IMO, he was going to be a leading candidate for any opening whether it was this season or next... I was just wondering about that minute regret... Yes, he's gonna have a boatload of picks and a chance to get a potential franchise QB, but that wasn't a thought when he took over... Grier made some great moves...

    Tomorrow isn't guaranteed, but if the Phins don't show an improving rebuild, his tenure may be short lived...

    The way this roster looks, he needs to address every single position IMO...

    I was on board with having Flores and Grier taking the reigns, and I think it will be a slow process, but it will start going in the right direction...
    Yes, it was absolutely THE thought when he took offer hence, the 5 year deal while every other head coaching hire received 4 years.
    Zero expectations on a record his first year as long as it's really bad! Use the salary cap and draft picks to build a very young and solid core including your franchise qb.
    Because we basically dismantled this team except for 3 young studs in X, Minkah, and hopefully Watkins we don't have any long term bad contracts, we have about $130 mil in cap space next year and an absolute crap ton of draft picks the next 2 years. We will be able to draft our franchise qb without having to trade up and waste draft capitol to get him.

    Miami is doing this tear down and rebuild perfectly, so far!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Yes, it was absolutely THE thought when he took offer hence, the 5 year deal while every other head coaching hire received 4 years.
    Zero expectations on a record his first year as long as it's really bad! Use the salary cap and draft picks to build a very young and solid core including your franchise qb.
    Because we basically dismantled this team except for 3 young studs in X, Minkah, and hopefully Watkins we don't have any long term bad contracts, we have about $130 mil in cap space next year and an absolute crap ton of draft picks the next 2 years. We will be able to draft our franchise qb without having to trade up and waste draft capitol to get him.

    Miami is doing this tear down and rebuild perfectly, so far!
    Like Forever said, he was probably going to be a top HC candidate next year, but for what teams? Teams that have middling picks? an okay roster with enough talent to contend for a WC berth? Sounds like the old Miami Dolphins to me lol. No coach gets 5 guaranteed years . . . he would have been dumb to turn it down. He is a bright guy and I'm pumped to have him.

    The rebuild is going exactly as planned, like you stated. I don't think Flores is regretting it. He gets to build his team. Coaches would kill to do that in their first gig.

    on a side note, I still get confused . . . who had more pull in our drafts the 2018 and prior . . . Grier or Tannenbaum? And just how much say did Gase have (like, did he want Leonte Carroo?)

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Like Forever said, he was probably going to be a top HC candidate next year, but for what teams? Teams that have middling picks? an okay roster with enough talent to contend for a WC berth? Sounds like the old Miami Dolphins to me lol. No coach gets 5 guaranteed years . . . he would have been dumb to turn it down. He is a bright guy and I'm pumped to have him.

    The rebuild is going exactly as planned, like you stated. I don't think Flores is regretting it. He gets to build his team. Coaches would kill to do that in their first gig.

    on a side note, I still get confused . . . who had more pull in our drafts the 2018 and prior . . . Grier or Tannenbaum? And just how much say did Gase have (like, did he want Leonte Carroo?)
    I have always thought Tannenbaum had final say. I also think he is responsible for picks like Carroo, which would explain why he was "reassigned" and not Grier. Also, the previous handful of years appear more like how the jets were run under Tannenbaum, bringing in overpriced FA's as opposed to actually drafting well and building a team the right way. At least Grier appears to be trying to rebuild through the draft as opposed to using band aids to cover enough issues to immediately pump out a mediocre product. Now we just have to wait and see if he can draft.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    30,731
    RapSheet
    Sources: #Dolphins OT Julie’n Davenport, recently acquired from the #Texans, suffered a hyperextended knee and a small crack in his tibia during practice today. He’s out several weeks, but if he’s placed on IR, he should return this season.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,704
    I dont think it's ever come out exactly who had final say over any part of building the team, but from what it looks like Grier technically had final say during the draft. But it was always a collaborative effort. They always said that everyone talked about everything and made most decisions together. It's honestly the most frustrating part of defending the decision to keep Grier, you just dont know what to credit him for.

    Theres also been multiple reports already that Grier isnt forcing any decisions onto Flores and Flores is kinda getting his way on some decisions.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    RapSheet
    Of course the first big injury is on an already terrible tackle lol.

    If you thought this team was bad, wait until the injuries really start to hit. That's when it'll really hit.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I dont think it's ever come out exactly who had final say over any part of building the team, but from what it looks like Grier technically had final say during the draft. But it was always a collaborative effort. They always said that everyone talked about everything and made most decisions together. It's honestly the most frustrating part of defending the decision to keep Grier, you just dont know what to credit him for.

    Theres also been multiple reports already that Grier isnt forcing any decisions onto Flores and Flores is kinda getting his way on some decisions.
    I was against Grier, didn't think he had the ability to plant the seeds for a real rebuild.

    But I was wrong, he's done as good a job as I could of imagined.

    And I don't think flores would of came here if he thought Grier wasn't on the same page, based on the moves so far, they clearly are on the same page.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •