Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    I'd say the only guarantee is there are no guarantees in sports. Everyone thought Luck was a guarantee and he retired very early in his career without making it to a Super Bowl.

I apologize for coming across a bit harsh.
    Thanks, no problem.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 10-18-2019 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Jawuan James is inactive for the Broncos tonight. That means the projected 3red round pick is going to fall to a 4th.

James injury history continues to screw us over even after he leaves the team.
    Man, that line looked horrific. Too bad Mahomes will be out for at least a few games, likely until their bye in 4 weeks. On the plus side, his ankle will have time to heal at least partly, while his knee gets looked after. It really looked like a dislocated kneecap as they are now reporting. Hopefully the patella / quadriceps ligament is fine. So now I'm down to Aaron Rodgers, until Brees comes back. Just nearly nothing really interesting me in the NFL at this point.

The oline was bad but it's also a matter of Joe Flacco being absolute garbage. A lot of those sacks were on him for not playing in a rhythm. Hes a 10 year vet in the NFL and the dude still doesnt know how to play with anticipation.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

The oline was bad but it's also a matter of Joe Flacco being absolute garbage. A lot of those sacks were on him for not playing in a rhythm. Hes a 10 year vet in the NFL and the dude still doesnt know how to play with anticipation.
    True, I have never seen him look so bad. The problem with the whole "Joe Cool" personality as well is that when you need some urgency or someone to step up and call guys out, he's not the right person for that. I think Aikman was pointing that out as well.

In my draft scenerio I would try and trade down on all our picks to pick up at least 2 more first rounders for next year

After trade downs

(Don't know where we would be picking at)

#1. Laviska Shenault Jr./WR
    #2. Jonathan Taylor/RB
    #3. Jalen Hurts/QB

or try to see if we can get the Texans desperate enough to part ways with J.J Watt for their pick back.

I really want Shenault and Taylor but I don't want to pick a QB because I want us to focus on grabbing Trevor Lawrence in the next draft. We would be drafting Jalen Hurts to satisfy the fan base and essentially giving him a year as a trail run, if he works out then great we found our QB if not then we have an excuse to pull what Arizona did without alot of backlash he would still be on the team but as a backup.

If we were keeping our picks then this would be my forced hand choice.

1. Tua Tagovailoa/QB
    2. Jerry Jeudy/WR
    3. Jonathan Taylor/RB

I do not like Tua but I wouldn't be mad at keeping these two together while grabbing the next Jones-Drew.

I think Tua is going to be the biggest bust in a long time and by no means would I touch him with a ten foot pole but everyone will disagree

Quote Originally Posted by zadora5 View Post
    In my draft scenerio I would try and trade down on all our picks to pick up at least 2 more first rounders for next year

After trade downs

(Don't know where we would be picking at)

#1. Laviska Shenault Jr./WR
    #2. Jonathan Taylor/RB
    #3. Jalen Hurts/QB

or try to see if we can get the Texans desperate enough to part ways with J.J Watt for their pick back.

I really want Shenault and Taylor but I don't want to pick a QB because I want us to focus on grabbing Trevor Lawrence in the next draft. We would be drafting Jalen Hurts to satisfy the fan base and essentially giving him a year as a trail run, if he works out then great we found our QB if not then we have an excuse to pull what Arizona did without alot of backlash he would still be on the team but as a backup.

If we were keeping our picks then this would be my forced hand choice.

1. Tua Tagovailoa/QB
    2. Jerry Jeudy/WR
    3. Jonathan Taylor/RB

I do not like Tua but I wouldn't be mad at keeping these two together while grabbing the next Jones-Drew.

I think Tua is going to be the biggest bust in a long time and by no means would I touch him with a ten foot pole but everyone will disagree
    I'm confused or maybe I'm not reading this correctly. You think Tua is a bust but you would pick him first, just because you like the WR he currently throws to that you want to pick 2nd? I'm not arguing either way about Tua as I have already made my concerns clear on this site, but if you think he will be a bust why do you waste your first overall on him?

Also, I'm not sure if following Arizona's blueprint is very wise.

I don't want Watt at this point in his career either, not for a 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    I'm confused or maybe I'm not reading this correctly. You think Tua is a bust but you would pick him first, just because you like the WR he currently throws to that you want to pick 2nd? I'm not arguing either way about Tua as I have already made my concerns clear on this site, but if you think he will be a bust why do you waste your first overall on him?

I don't like Tua but drafted him and Jeudy would ease my stance a little on how I feel about him becoming a bust, honestly there is no way to tell, I just ain't feelin him, I want Trevor Lawrence and no one else.

And I understand not wanting to part with a first but Watt is still an animal and a damn Ox and would be better then any Player the Houston pick could give us so why not re-open the wound for them and dangle the first in their face for one of the best defensive lineman in the leauge

Trevor Lawrence has thrown 8 picks already this season, double his amount last year in half as many games. This is why it's hard to judge college QBs after one season, let alone a true freshman season.

Lawrence was in a perfect situation last season, he never was asked to win games because his defense did that for him.

Now were seeing the real lawrence, and it aint close to the hype.

I never could believe that people had lawrence above tua, it was never close.

Gesicki has looked great this game too, has made a lot of great catches. Hopfully we start seeing this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Gesicki has looked great this game too, has made a lot of great catches. Hopfully we start seeing this more often.
    Hes been getting open all season, just finally getting the targets. The catches hes making are incredible and hes finally starting to look like I hoped he would. Now I want to see him used in the red zone more and see if he can take that next step.

Lawrence still can be a good QB. Teams always catch up eventually. Now it's time to see if he can take that step next.

With the steady improvements this team has made, I feel like a win is inevitable. Fitz makes the offense workable and the defense seems to have a good gameplan every week. If they meet a bad team with Fitz starting I think they can easily win against a bad team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post

Not sure I'm on the trade train here. If we get the 1st pick, and are not convinced Tua is our franchise QB, then trade to the highest bidder. best possible outcome would be us at 1, and CIN at 2. Tell CIN that if they want 1 to get their QB, then they give us #2 and #34. I personally love Tua, as he would fit our system perfectly. Same with Fromm. Not huge arms, but both are damn accurate. Burrow is slowly climbing may rankings as well.

I'm not taking a RB high at all in this draft. We can get a great one in the 2nd or 3rd. We need an OL to block for a RB, so I'd much rather take OL in the 1st over a RB. Taylor is great and all, but not for our team in the 1st rd. Unless this org wants to get a three headed monster all in the same year (Tua/other QB, Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs and Taylor/Etienne), and pay the price 5 years later, then they could I suppose. They better spend on the OL then.

If we get #1, there are only two guys I want . . . either Tua or Chase Young. Grier and Co. better be damn sure Tua is the guy. Chase Young is going to be a beast in the NFL for years! I think Tua will be a pro-bowl level QB in the NFL. The kid is smart and supremely accurate . . . his pocket presence is ridiculous . . . his leadership is unquestioned. That is a true franchise QB. If Grier believes that Burrow, or Fromm, or Herbert is better . . . then take Chase Young.

If we stay where we are (with the exception of us getting #1), then I'm going:

1. Tua
    10. S/LB Isaiah Simmons
    24. OC Tyler Biadasz
    33. CB Bryce Hall
    62. RB Chuba Hubbard
    65. OT Saadhiq Charles

We have to get nastier on both sides of the ball. I LOVE Simmons and what he could bring to our defense. to be able to switch between SS and LB with speed and size? NASTY! I'd prefer to trade out of the HOU pick, but I'm okay taking our future OC. If both Hall and Hubbard fall to us in the 2nd . . . we win the 2nd rd hands down.

Hes been getting open all season, just finally getting the targets. The catches hes making are incredible and hes finally starting to look like I hoped he would. Now I want to see him used in the red zone more and see if he can take that next step.

Lawrence still can be a good QB. Teams always catch up eventually. Now it's time to see if he can take that step next.
    Oh i still think lawrence can be very good, but his hype never matched his game.

Ive never seen a college qb ever in my life get that kind of hype after one season when his defensive was the reason he won a national championship.

Watson was a freaking qb god in college, and not even he got that kind of hype at clemson.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast