Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Yea Burrow looked good. Hes putting up Tua numbers and showing poise and accuracy even when he is pressured. After Tanny that's the number one thing I'm watching for in a QB alongside hitting the consistent easy throws. Does the QB panic under pressure or move and operate well? If he plays like this the rest of the year he should be the #2 QB off the board. Although I am worried that it's really his first year being productive.

Thing that scares me is that I just feel like the Dolphins are set on Herbert as the #2. Theyve spent so much time on him. He looks the exact same as he did last year (my biggest issue with him) so if they liked him last year then I dont think hes done anything to ruin that.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Burrow pushed Tua down to QB3 for me. its Love vs Burrow left

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Yea Burrow looked good. Hes putting up Tua numbers and showing poise and accuracy even when he is pressured. After Tanny that's the number one thing I'm watching for in a QB alongside hitting the consistent easy throws. Does the QB panic under pressure or move and operate well? If he plays like this the rest of the year he should be the #2 QB off the board. Although I am worried that it's really his first year being productive.

Thing that scares me is that I just feel like the Dolphins are set on Herbert as the #2. Theyve spent so much time on him. He looks the exact same as he did last year (my biggest issue with him) so if they liked him last year then I dont think hes done anything to ruin that.
    If it's any consolation, a guy I talk to now and then who watches college QB's and likes evaluating them says Herbert looks like he may be starting to develop some instincts. This was about 2 or 3 games into the season. This guy was a college QB himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    If it's any consolation, a guy I talk to now and then who watches college QB's and likes evaluating them says Herbert looks like he may be starting to develop some instincts. This was about 2 or 3 games into the season. This guy was a college QB himself.
    The thing is tua already has insticts, and if you go back as many years as you want there are so many young qbs that we say, "needs to develop this, needs to develop that, needs a year or 2, etc etc"

But how many of them develop once they get into the nfl?

Ive been following the draft pretty hard core cor awhile now, since we always suck, and most qbs come into the NFL, and however they come in thats who they are.

Everyone thought goff made a big change under mcvey, but he didnt, hes still trash, he just had gurley and great playcalling to make life easy.

Some guys learn to use their skill set better because the game slows down, such as Wilson, but mostly not much changes.

Flores today:

Flores: I don't look at the quarterback position any different than the punter or kicker or center. !!!

Brian Flores says getting a long-term view and fair evaluation of Josh Rosen is not the key factor in decision. He indicates the Dolphins basically know what they have.

Brian Flores said he feels the Dolphins already have a pretty good evaluation of Josh Rosen based on the amount of time hes been with the team. He says Rosen is the starter Sunday at Buffalo because of continuity, but that conversation will be ongoing throughout the season.

It's amazing to me how many people, including this staff, has forgotten how bad Fitz was those first two games. Rosen was bad yesterday, easily the worst of his career, but everyone talked about him playing decent in the first two games. And I'll be beyond furious if Fitz somehow ****s us like Matt Moore did in 2011.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 10-14-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    The thing is tua already has insticts, and if you go back as many years as you want there are so many young qbs that we say, "needs to develop this, needs to develop that, needs a year or 2, etc etc"

Ive been following the draft pretty hard core cor awhile now, since we always suck, and most qbs come into the NFL, and however they come in thats who they are.

Everyone thought goff made a big change under mcvey, but he didnt, hes still trash, he just had gurley and great playcalling to make life easy.

Some guys learn to use their skill set better because the game slows down, such as Wilson, but mostly not much changes.
    Goff is one of the best QBs in the league. you are crazy if you think he is trash

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Goff is one of the best QBs in the league. you are crazy if you think he is trash
    Without the threat of a prime Gurley, and the ahility to beat teams up with play action, hes ranked one of the worst qbs in the NFL this year.

Goff is not a franchise qb without heavy playaction use, hes just not. Hes another tannehill type. When everything is working ok he looks good, throw the slightest wrench in there, and he falls apart quick.

Rosen is better than Goff.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 10-14-2019 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Goff is garbage. He needs an o line and a great run game to benefit from play action to 3 dag gone good wrs in Kupp, Cooks, and Woods.

Goff's current play on a rookie deal you can live with. Goff's current play on his extension is unacceptable.

If we somehow get beat out for the #1 pick (most likely would be CIN), i'd be okay with Herbert with the PIT pick, which should be top 10. If we end at #2, no way do I want Herbert there. I would take Chase Young immediately! But, if CIN takes Tua #1, then what other team in front of the PIT pick may take a QB? DEN? Potentially OAK? If we're at 7 or 8 with the PIT pick, and Herbert is still there, I'm okay with the pick then. I HATE Love. Burrow is okay, but not top 10.

But also CIN may fall in love with Herbert cause of his strong arm and measurables, so Tua may still be a Phin. There is just zero doubt in my mind that Tua is the best QB prospect coming out over the past couple of years.

But the possibility of MIA not picking #1 is real, and if that's the case, then I am fully on board with Chase Young at #2 and then doubling down with AJ Epenesa with the PIT pick (if available) or Justin Herbert

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

My buddy would generally agree with that. In fact, that was one of his complaints when he was worried Tannehill would be drafted by the Dolphins. He even said guys usually don't develop instincts after college and even though Tannehill was not a QB for long, he didn't develop any instincts in that time at all. Hence all of the comeback routes to the sideline. I remember the moment he was drafted we were chatting and he said "3 year setback fellas". Turns out it was a 7 year setback because he underestimated the organization's stupidity, but he had Tannehill nailed on instincts IMO. He also rates a lot of players and many QB's as he watches a lot of video on flights to China for his career. Anyway, he was surprised, but he said he thought Herbert "may actually be starting to show a little instinct". I have not spoken to him recently so I'm not sure what he'd say now. Was it a blip against a defense that suited him (like Tannehill's Arizona game in year 2, which some of us knew was a mirage), or would he say now that the trend is continuing? I'm not sure.
    But again, the one thing I wonder about Tua, is how much of it is him and how much is playing for a great team with 2 fantastic receivers from what I saw. I have no doubt he is good. Is he great? Wait and see. Or maybe he'll make some money and walk away from football once he knows he can get away from his father, who used to hit him with a belt when he played badly. Maybe he is just towing the line and will say "FU Dad and FU football!" You never know what will happen.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 10-15-2019 at 03:51 PM.

If Herbert is the 2and ranked QB, he wont drop to the Pit pick unless its top 5. Everyone should know by now that QBs stock value sky rockets in the draft because of the need. If someone doesnt outright need him someone will trade up for him

I think the Bengals are more likely to win games than the Dolphins. I don't think the Bengals are a 0-16 threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I think the Bengals are more likely to win games than the Dolphins. I don't think the Bengals are a 0-16 threat.
    I really don't think so either, they have been less than a TD away from winning 4-5 games this year. Jags, raiders, Steelers, Jets, and us are all winnable games for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    My buddy would generally agree with that. In fact, that was one of his complaints when he was worried Tannehill would be drafted by the Dolphins. He even said guys usually don't develop instincts after college and even though Tannehill was not a QB for long, he didn't develop any instincts in that time at all. Hence all of the comeback routes to the sideline. I remember the moment he was drafted we were chatting and he said "3 year setback fellas". Turns out it was a 7 year setback because he underestimated the organization's stupidity, but he had Tannehill nailed on instincts IMO. He also rates a lot of players and many QB's as he watches a lot of video on flights to China for his career. Anyway, he was surprised, but he said he thought Herbert "may actually be starting to show a little instinct". I have not spoken to him recently so I'm not sure what he'd say now. Was it a blip against a defense that suited him (like Tannehill's Arizona game in year 2, which some of us knew was a mirage), or would he say now that the trend is continuing? I'm not sure.
    But again, the one thing I wonder about Tua, is how much of it is him and how much is playing for a great team with 2 fantastic receivers from what I saw. I have no doubt he is good. Is he great? Wait and see. Or maybe he'll make some money and walk away from football once he knows he can get away from his father, who used to hit him with a belt when he played badly. Maybe he is just towing the line and will say "FU Dad and FU football!" You never know what will happen.
    The talent level around Tua should not be a problem. Yeah he plays with great players . . . but he is going to the NFL where he will be playing with (hopefully) great players. If you put Tua on a team with NFL back-ups, right now, and have them coached by Nick Saban and play their current schedule . . . . they still go undefeated and he is still putting up monster numbers.

The argument that his team is loaded with future NFL 1st rd picks should not be an issue at this time. Alabama does not recruit chumps coming out of HS. They try and recruit the best of the best. Tua is the best QB in this draft. His accuracy, timing, pocket presence and leadership are not mirages. He is already bringing those attributes into the NFL with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I really don't think so either, they have been less than a TD away from winning 4-5 games this year. Jags, raiders, Steelers, Jets, and us are all winnable games for them.
    I am worried that we have some winnable games too. Our 15th and 16th games are against the Bengals and Giants and we play the Jets twice and the Steelers next week. Steelers are better than people give them credit, their defense is legit, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep us to 7 points or less.

Imagine if week 16 comes and the Bengals and Dolphins are both winless. When that week 16 game comes the Bengals incentive to win will be less than if its game 4.

I watched the Bengals/Cardinals game from start to end. Bengals are a bad team that I would peg as a 2-4 win team that will likely not win 4 games.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast