Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    No disrespect to Kody, but I agree. A first is like gold. We have 3 so we can keep flipping extra firsts for future firsts and more to keep that going. Keep sticking up on cheap and productive players and use cap to get those vets without losing picks. Protect those picks, especially the early round picks.
    Exactly!

By doing this we give the franchise a better opportunity to achieve long sustaining success.

We wont trade any premium draft picks for vets.

Theres no need to, were flush with cap space, we can just buy them.

I do think its highly likely we could trade some later picks for vets to fill out the roster though. Oline, secondary, types....

You can only really have so many rookies on your opening day roster, so trading back and out of this draft, will most likely happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    We wont trade any premium draft picks for vets.

Theres no need to, were flush with cap space, we can just buy them.

I do think its highly likely we could trade some later picks for vets to fill out the roster though. Oline, secondary, types....

You can only really have so many rookies on your opening day roster, so trading back and out of this draft, will most likely happen.
    Exactly, then we have almost too many picks next year and do it again. It's like putting aside draft capital in an investment and using it later...with interest. I really hope they do balance the roster more during this rebuild. Balance age, but also balance cap used on positions. That's what really good teams do I think.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 10-10-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Exactly, then we have almost too many picks next year and do it again. It's like putting aside draft capital in an investment and using it later...with interest. I really hope they do balance the roster more during this rebuild. Balance age, but also balance cap used on positions. That's what really good teams do I think. Like you don't want a Suh type deal because you don't usually win with that much money tied up in a DT or any non-quarterback.
    Flores came up with the pats starting as a player scout. So its safe to assume he paid attention to how they do things, and what they value.

He even stated he prefers 2-3 good players as opposed to 1 superstar. So i dont see us burning uo much cap space on Suh types. I do think we will spend significantly on oline though.

Theres no doubt next off season will be all about filling out the roster, and theres no doubt in my mind trading back and adding more picks will be a big part of what this fo does this draft.

Thats why flores got the 5 year deal, they all knew year 1 was a throw away season.

Just because Tua is a lefty doesn't mean we should just ignore the LT position. I mean no one would have complained if we still had Tunsil. Plus Olineman can play well into their 30s so I'm not too worried about the age thing. Dude would come in and be a dominant player for the oline and I think Flores would love to have the best run blocking LT in football.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

late 1st rd picks are just as much of a gamble as 2nd or 3rd rd picks. I am certainly alright trading the HOU 1st for additional picks. Or I would trade that pick for a much needed vet on the OL or DL. I would not do the HOU 1st for Williams myself, but I would do the NO 2nd for Williams.

Either way, one of our 1st rd picks will be turning into a 2021 1st rd pick, I will almost guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    late 1st rd picks are just as much of a gamble as 2nd or 3rd rd picks. I am certainly alright trading the HOU 1st for additional picks. Or I would trade that pick for a much needed vet on the OL or DL. I would not do the HOU 1st for Williams myself, but I would do the NO 2nd for Williams.

Either way, one of our 1st rd picks will be turning into a 2021 1st rd pick, I will almost guarantee it.
    I think that's a safe guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post

Of course I'd prefer to give up a late 2nd round pick, but that's the same value that we gave up for Rosen. I just think you guys are really undervaluing Williams at this point. Washington has clearly shown that they're not going to give him away, and a top 5 LT is still valuable. We can basically turn Tunsil into Williams, and a 2021 1st and 2nd. I'd be ok with that every day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Of course I'd prefer to give up a late 2nd round pick, but that's the same value that we gave up for Rosen. I just think you guys are really undervaluing Williams at this point. Washington has clearly shown that they're not going to give him away, and a top 5 LT is still valuable. We can basically turn Tunsil into Williams, and a 2021 1st and 2nd. I'd be ok with that every day of the week.
    I don't follow Williams, but if he is a top 5, why would any team give us that top 5 tackle just to swap a 2020 first for a 2021 first. That sounds fine to me, but I must be misunderstanding because that sounds exactly like giving him away. Not a fan of turning the young (Tunsil) tackle into a 32 year old though. IDK. I just think if you trust your FO you pick a LT with that pick and you have to think you can get a younger one who will be top 5ish. That is building for the longer term and saving cap for other things more immediately.
    Good to have some vets on the team though, so I see that side of it too. There's a lot to consider and it probably comes down partially to who is available in the draft and other FA's at other positions, as well as offers from other teams for the first rounder.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 10-12-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Williams is easily still at top 5 LT in my opinion and arguably the best run blocking LT in the league next to Tyron Smith. I keep hitting on the run blocking aspect because that's obviously a focus point for Flores and the type of team he wants to run.

Obviously getting Tua lessens the impact of the LT, but if you're looking at the draft then you will rarely find a good LT late in the first round where I expect the Texans pick to be. Andrus Peat is the last one I can really think of to fall that far that has turned into a decent LT in the league. Meanwhile when you look at most of the good RT's to come out over the past few years, guys like Jawaan Taylor, Orlando Brown and Connor Williams (who hasn't played RT in the league yet) have all gone well into the 2nd round on most occasions.

So while a LT isn't as important as the RT with Tua, you can still find a RT in the 2nd while getting a stud at LT with the Texans pick. It's also not like we should just ignore the LT position even if we land Tua. Teams are paying RT's more and more every year so you still need a good non blindside tackle to be successful

2021 1st round pick for Trent Williams is definitely still a hard pass. Skins haven't received a 1st round offer yet or else he would've been traded already. So obviously the market has dictated a 32 year old left tackle who hasn't played this year is not worth a 1st round pick. He is worth LESS to Miami (if we take Tua) than he is to other teams with a right handed qb. So why would Miami pay more?
    I think the RT position and the interior o line positions are way more important than a left tackle (if we have Tua)

Don't get me wrong though, int he off season if we do a swap of the Saints 2nd for Trent Williams and the Skins 4th I might be able to get on board with that. I think 2021 will be a great start to getting very young and very talented players in place but I don't expect us to be competing for the playoffs. But will Miami be competing for the playoffs in 2022, and what will Trent's play look like in 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    2021 1st round pick for Trent Williams is definitely still a hard pass. Skins haven't received a 1st round offer yet or else he would've been traded already. So obviously the market has dictated a 32 year old left tackle who hasn't played this year is not worth a 1st round pick. He is worth LESS to Miami (if we take Tua) than he is to other teams with a right handed qb. So why would Miami pay more?
    I think the RT position and the interior o line positions are way more important than a left tackle (if we have Tua)

Don't get me wrong though, int he off season if we do a swap of the Saints 2nd for Trent Williams and the Skins 4th I might be able to get on board with that. I think 2021 will be a great start to getting very young and very talented players in place but I don't expect us to be competing for the playoffs. But will Miami be competing for the playoffs in 2022, and what will Trent's play look like in 2022?
    Didnt know he was 32, no wonder he hasnt been traded yet, 0 chance we trade for him unless its super cheap.

Skins were hoping they could find a desperate contending team to trade for him, but no one wants to do that and than have to pay a 32 year old.

Fromm didnt look good today. Hasnt looked good in a lot of close games in general.

For all the tall of a standout qb class, Tua is the only one who consistently stands out.

I've never bought the Fromm hype. Hes got the mental aspect but he just reeks of Andy Dalton to me. I like his presnap reads but the physical talent just isnt there to be a top QB. I'm also enjoying everyone who criticized Tua for playing a bunch of no bodies only to watch SC bully Fromm.

Herbert is pretty set as my number 2. I've warmed up to him a bit, mainly because I've just accepted that we'll mess this up. But my biggest issue is that hes just so similar to Rosen that I dont understand taking him with a top pick and moving on from Rosen.

Although I'm curious to watch Burrow the rest of the year. He looked pretty normal last week when I watched him against Utah State but a lot of people I trust like him.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 10-12-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Fromm is just a guy IMO, he doesn't have any elite skills but he is just good enough at everything. I feel he has by far the lowest ceiling of any of the QBs.

Burrow is chewing up this FL D... if he keeps this up man he will be a top 5 pick along with Tua.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast