Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    If we land tua and juedy, this may be the best tank job in sports history.

Its not even an exaggeration to say jeudy could end up the best wr ever.
    https://youtu.be/Mzpu7fLB5s4

And theres almost no chancs tua isnt at the least, a very good nfl qb. My only worry with tua is he trys to run over everyone in front him, and often does. Ive seen him lay out more linebackers than i can count.

But you dont want to see your qb doing that in the NFL.
    I'd love to see every fan who was complaining about the tank if we somehow landed those two. At the very least the offense would the most exciting we had since the wildcat or since Marino.

At the moment we have #3 and #5 with Cincinnati and Washington in front of us. Cincinnati is my biggest worry with how bad they looked against the Cards through 3 QTRs. Washington is obviously just as bad but I think theyve been severely held back by QB play. They're a bad team but they're just a bad NFL team. I dont even think you can consider us as an actual NFL roster.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Washington just fired HC Jay Gruden and promoted Oline coach Bill Callahan.

This could obviously lead to a dumpster fire situation, but I also feel like firing a coach tends to lead to some focus from the team. Like Gase said last year, firing a coach usually makes everyone take notice and play harder. This also might lead to Haskins starting which could be a good or bad thing since hes a rookie.

Obviously I'm still worried about beating Washington somehow, but theres a lot of people saying that even if they ended with the top pick that they would UK ld pass on Tua because Snyder picked Haskins himself.

Callahan has been a head coach before so he knows what he's doing, and yes alot of times does so the team wins the next game. The next game is vs us so they have a good chance.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Washington just fired HC Jay Gruden and promoted Oline coach Bill Callahan.

This could obviously lead to a dumpster fire situation, but I also feel like firing a coach tends to lead to some focus from the team. Like Gase said last year, firing a coach usually makes everyone take notice and play harder. This also might lead to Haskins starting which could be a good or bad thing since hes a rookie.

Obviously I'm still worried about beating Washington somehow, but theres a lot of people saying that even if they ended with the top pick that they would UK ld pass on Tua because Snyder picked Haskins himself.
    Skins were already a dumpster fire with Gruden. He lost control of the locker room and then coming public about not wanting Haskins basically sealed his fate. To me, you don't take a qb round 1 when u have a lame duck head coach. Skins have a lot of talent on defense and it sounds like Callahan wants to pound the ball with AP a lot.

Should be a Skins win easily by around 10 points.

Skins would definitely trade the 1st overall pick if they got it. Outside shot they'd take Chase Young but I don't know ho or if he would fit their defensive scheme, and who know what scheme they will be running next yr.

Theres reports coming out that players kinda knew this was coming and they still played hard for Gruden. One player quoted with saying "if they think this makes us better this season they're wrong".

And of course it seems like Grudens camp is coming out and leaking that Haskins cant read defenses right now and is having trouble calling plays. I feel like if Haskins is forced out there then we win the game. If McCoy is the starter they probably win.

Guys, I need someone to hold me. I'm going to be a nervous wreck all week.

updated QB rankings

1. Jordan Love
    2. Tua Tagovailoa
    3. Joe Burrow
    4. Jake Fromm
    5. Justin Herbert

Tua is the consensus QB to tank for and the one linked #1 by most everyone but Love to me remains better and its starting to become not close for me

updated RB rankings
    1. Jonathan Taylor
    2. Travis Etienne
    3. D'Andre Swift

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Skins were already a dumpster fire with Gruden. He lost control of the locker room and then coming public about not wanting Haskins basically sealed his fate. To me, you don't take a qb round 1 when u have a lame duck head coach. Skins have a lot of talent on defense and it sounds like Callahan wants to pound the ball with AP a lot.

Should be a Skins win easily by around 10 points.

Skins would definitely trade the 1st overall pick if they got it. Outside shot they'd take Chase Young but I don't know ho or if he would fit their defensive scheme, and who know what scheme they will be running next yr.
    if Skins got the 1st pick I think they would take a QB and trade Haskins especially with a new HC coming in. someone is going to score on Josh Norman because he sucks

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    updated QB rankings

1. Jordan Love
    2. Tua Tagovailoa
    3. Joe Burrow
    4. Jake Fromm
    5. Justin Herbert

Tua is the consensus QB to tank for and the one linked #1 by most everyone but Love to me remains better and its starting to become not close for me

updated RB rankings
    1. Jonathan Taylor
    2. Travis Etienne
    3. D'Andre Swift
    how in the holy heck do you still think Love is the top QB? I'm curious because he looked AWFUL Saturday, and has not looked great all year really. Tua, hands down, is the best QB right now in this class. Herbert is making his case as clear cut #2. Then you have a toss up with Burrow, Fromm, Eason and even Hurts as #3. Love, to me, is a project and will go 3-4th rd if he is lucky.

Taylor at RB completely agree with. Studly.

As people were saying, if we somehow get both Tua and Jeudy . . . that would be the biggest coup in the NFL in years . . . alas, decades. I'd still take Chase Young over Jeudy, just because our defense is gross too. But Jeudy will be nice. Its looking more and more like we are going to get two top 5 picks. Grab Tua with our first of the two, and then, especially if Herbert is still there, trade back for more picks for someone to over pay for Herbert.

Either way, we're looking sharp. Hate the fact Watson is on a roll, but can't be too greedy with first round picks this year

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    how in the holy heck do you still think Love is the top QB? I'm curious because he looked AWFUL Saturday, and has not looked great all year really. Tua, hands down, is the best QB right now in this class. Herbert is making his case as clear cut #2. Then you have a toss up with Burrow, Fromm, Eason and even Hurts as #3. Love, to me, is a project and will go 3-4th rd if he is lucky.

As people were saying, if we somehow get both Tua and Jeudy . . . that would be the biggest coup in the NFL in years . . . alas, decades. I'd still take Chase Young over Jeudy, just because our defense is gross too. But Jeudy will be nice. Its looking more and more like we are going to get two top 5 picks. Grab Tua with our first of the two, and then, especially if Herbert is still there, trade back for more picks for someone to over pay for Herbert.

Either way, we're looking sharp. Hate the fact Watson is on a roll, but can't be too greedy with first round picks this year
    I think Herbert sucks. I have watched about 6-7 games of his and he has never looked good in any of them. he has the tools but just doesn't seem to put them together ever. I don't understand the Hurts hype and Eason has shown so far this season that he isnt it

I watched the game Saturday and disagree about how Love looked and how he has looked in general all season. he has an elite arm and he showed me everything I needed to see on Saturday

I am looking more towards Epenesa with the Steelers pick
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 10-07-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post

1. Tua
    2. Fromm - not a great arm but looks like a very very solid nfl caliber qb for many years (would like to se emore of him)
    3. Burrow - def trending in the right direction but would like to see more. Will probably be invited to Sr Bowl so we will get a long look
    4. Hurts - same with Fromm and Burrow as I want to see more. Obviously he's putting up crazy #s at Oklahoma but who hasn't?

Love is a major project and won't be drafted until maybe late 2nd round.
    Herbert looks like he's going to be in the Tannehill, Mariota, Dalton mold. Lots of intangibles but can't put it together and sets the franchise in a holding pattern for 5 years haha

I'm loving Jonathan Taylor.

Tua, Chase Young, Juedy, and Delpit. 2 of those if we can if not I would look to trade down from our 2nd 1st rounder if there isn't anyone there who tickles our fancy. Heck, even if we miss out on Tua and we end up with Chase young and big booty Juedy I'd be ecstatic. Maybe use the 3rd 1st rounder on Fromm if he's there or stick it out with Rosen for another year and trade the 3rd 1st rounder to a team looking to trade back into the later 1st to draft someone and have the team option for the 5th yr.
    We have plenty of options my friends!

I forgot that some of you guys werent around when Derek became a household name on this forum. I believe it all started when he said Alshon Jeffery would be a HOFer and picked back up when he said trading Landry would set the franchise back 10 years or something.

I still prefer Love over Herbert because I think Love has more mental tools of a great QB, but he has to develop a lot more. Herbert is safer but I still think hes a more accurate Josh Allen or Carson Wentz coming out.

Washington announced Haskins wont be starting against us. They want to give him time.

It's pretty early to look at the QBs right now, no one really has played anyone yet so lets just wait and see where things end up.

Tua's toughest team he ha played so far is Ole Miss who isn't very good. I really want to see him vs good teams as in the past if you can back and look other than when he came in for Hurts in the title game he hasn't been very good

Burrow has faced Texas but the Big 12 doesn't play very good D. Other wise it's Vandy... so yeah nothing great yet.

Fromm has faced the best over team in Notre Dame but didn't do much in the came, 20-for-26 for just 187 yards. The questions on his arm is noticeable, they threw alot of short stuff that the guys run and get a ton of YAC.

Hurts is going to put up numbers being he plays in the Big12 where they don't play D, Still not big on him as a NFL prospect. He had problems vs Kansas last weekend.

Love has the arm you want in the NFL and is mobile, the talent around him is bad. (Like a Josh Allen). Last week he was throwing great balls and hitting in the WRs in the hands only to have them get dropped. He was also throwing bad balls as well. Thought he would be better this year but has regressed a bit

Herbert has faced three tough teams in Auburn, Stanford and Cal and played well in all of them but I feel he is missing something to make him a good NFL QB. I think he has the lowest floor of any of the QBs. - Tua.

Jacob Eason has been meh, looked pretty bad vs Stanford last week

Kellen Mond didn't play well vs Clemson but did vs Auburn but did loose.

Kelly Bryant has been up and down
    Last edited by Wrench; 10-07-2019 at 03:48 PM.

R1. Jordan Love QB Utah State
    R1. AJ Epenesa DE Iowa
    R1. Jalen Reagor WR TCU

If we dont land Tua then I would keep Rosen. I feel like he is better than the rest of the prospects

I may get **** on for saying this, but here goes anyway. I finally saw Tua (had the Ole Miss game recorded) and I have to say, he didn't live up to the hype for me. Yes he had a ton of yards and a boatload of TD's in a lopsided game, but I don't think he was as great as his stats lead us to believe or as great as many are saying. Maybe I have just been exposed to so much hype that he has become almost mythical, but terms like "transformational QB" and "generational talent" do not apply IMO. I think he will be a good QB and maybe a great QB in the NFL, who knows, but it seems like too many people are all set to carve his bust for Canton.
    In that game I saw some short passes go to the house and even some of those were not perfectly placed, but his wide open receivers had time to jump and hitch to catch the ball and still break a tackle to take it for a TD. Watch the first 74 yard TD, which really was just a 10 yard slant caught by a great receiver against weaker competition. On another team, that is not a highlight. I saw a few deep balls perfectly thrown, but I also saw a fair number of overthrows to wide open guys. You throw enough bombs and eventually you place a few well enough that those receivers will catch some of them. I think those who wonder if playing for Alabama is building the Tua legend into more than it is have a valid point.
    Would I take him if we land #1? Most likely I guess. He's a safe pick that may be more as he will be good and we have gone too long without a good QB, but don;t expect his game to translate right away if we don't fix the line and some other areas around him. I guess we could say that for any QB in the world with this team the way it is right now though. I'd like it better than the Minkah pick last year anyway. We'll have to see how the year plays out for him and Rosen, but I didn't see what everyone is telling me I should be seeing in that game. And that's a game that has people buzzing more than usual. Have to see if he is sharper against better competition.
    Just my opinion based on the one game.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 10-08-2019 at 07:03 AM.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast