Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    If you don't turn the ball over versus the Steelers you're going to win. Their offense is horrendous and and Rudolph's pocket presence reminds me of Tannehill's - awful.

I don't think the Browns need Garrett to beat us. How will we be able to top Chubb, Hunt, Landry, OBJ with no pass rush?

Back to Myles Garrett - he should be suspended for 1 yr as the league needs to make an example out of him. He assaulted Mason Rudolph while using a helmet as a weapon - plain and simple. If I was Mason I would played dead after getting hit in the head haha.
    Pouncey should get 1 game for stomping on Garrett even thought that's exactly what he should've done. #65 for Browns should get a game or 2 for pushing Mason down for no reason.

Nah we want Pouncey to stick with that 3 game suspension. If it sticks then he would miss the next game against the Browns which would obviously help all the draft picks.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

The team signed WR Allen Hurns to a 2 year 8 million contract.

Hurns used to be a stud WR before his injury. Miami clearly has a mold at WR now. William's Parker and Hurns are all similar in play style and build. Probably points to Wilson being gone after the year. Also makes you wonder why we gave Jakeem a big contract before he even played a down for the staff.

Has Mcmillan been injured or is he just a healthy scratch?

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The team signed WR Allen Hurns to a 2 year 8 million contract.

Hurns used to be a stud WR before his injury. Miami clearly has a mold at WR now. William's Parker and Hurns are all similar in play style and build. Probably points to Wilson being gone after the year. Also makes you wonder why we gave Jakeem a big contract before he even played a down for the staff.
    Grant is not worth his contract. He is just not a very good WR. At best he is a poor mans Tavon Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Grant is not worth his contract. He is just not a very good WR. At best he is a poor mans Tavon Austin.
    I'm pretty sure both Grant and Wilson will get cut next off season. Wilson is a no doubt cut, 10.8M cap hit with just 1.3M in dead money. Grant is 4.3M cap hit and 2.4M in dead money.

It would make sense to cut Grant but it would feel real weird to cut him literally months after you signed him. But he just hasn't made an impact at all this year. I applauded the deal when it happened because I always believe resigning guys before they get expensive. But it's just so weird that the staff hasn't even been able to get anything out of him, espcially in the return game. Could be a situation like Gase had where the offense just isnt productive enough to get the specific plays for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Has Mcmillan been injured or is he just a healthy scratch?
    Got banged up in practice this week.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    It would make sense to cut Grant but it would feel real weird to cut him literally months after you signed him. But he just hasn't made an impact at all this year. I applauded the deal when it happened because I always believe resigning guys before they get expensive. But it's just so weird that the staff hasn't even been able to get anything out of him, espcially in the return game. Could be a situation like Gase had where the offense just isnt productive enough to get the specific plays for him.

Got banged up in practice this week.
    The thing with Grant is he is dirt cheap and only 4M ish the entire life of that deal so I could see him staying. Wilson will not be though haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    The thing with Grant is he is dirt cheap and only 4M ish the entire life of that deal so I could see him staying. Wilson will not be though haha.
    Yea and considering the WR room is locked up for the most part, plus a deep class I could see them thinking Grant's potential being worth it. It sucks that the hip injury just killed Wilson's athleticism because he was easily the best WR we had last year

I think Grant is one of those "get him the ball in space" players. There is no space this year, but once you add some more pieces to the offense, you'd have to think there will be some opportunities for him. It's not like they paid him #1 money. He's just a very fast complimentary player, who needs help around him and when there is he can be a threat, as we saw last year.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 11-17-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Grant is fine, beeds more play action opportunties, that just arent there with our lack lf a run game.

Both Bobby McCain and Reshad Jones to IR.

Might be the last time Jones is in a Dolphins uni.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

We have signed safety Adrian Colbert, activated linebacker Andrew Van Ginkel from IR, and promoted defensive tackle Gerald Willis from the practice squad.

We have placed Gary Jennings, Reshad Jones and Bobby McCain on injured reserve.

Pretty sure Jennings hurt himself celebrating with Grant on the return TD. Excited to see Van Ginkle and Willis play down the stretch and just more of Rowe at safety. Safety absolutely has to be a focus for the rebuild.

According to the Miami Herald, we're working on an extension for Eric Rowe. Dude was garbage at CB but has been great at safety covering TEs.

We also placed Jakeem Grant on IR and signed Isaiah Ford to the active roster. Signed some Purdue rookie WR to the practice squad.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-27-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Rowe can slide into that FS role that Minkah was supposed to have with us, just won't be nearly as good. If they can get him extended on the cheap, then great. IMO, I think Flores will want to run more dime packages come next year, and you need DBs everywhere and anywhere. I'd put Rowe at FS, move Bobby back to SCB and sign/draft your CB2 across from Howard.

Grant is one of the fastest players in the NFL. a team can always use a threat like that. Have to keep him on his current contract. I would love to see him work in the slot a little more next year, where he can out run a ton of people and provide YAC opportunities.

So Parker . . . is it a team option in 2020, or a player option? if its a team option, then it is proving to be a great deal by Grier.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast