Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    I think Herbert sucks. I have watched about 6-7 games of his and he has never looked good in any of them. he has the tools but just doesn't seem to put them together ever. I don't understand the Hurts hype and Eason has shown so far this season that he isnt it

I watched the game Saturday and disagree about how Love looked and how he has looked in general all season. he has an elite arm and he showed me everything I needed to see on Saturday

I am looking more towards Epenesa with the Steelers pick
    This is true about herbert, hes more tools right than an actual good qb.

But nfl teams pay attention mostly to tools when evaluating qbs.

The amount of terrible qbs drafted high because of their tools is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    If we dont land Tua then I would keep Rosen. I feel like he is better than the rest of the prospects
    The best qb after tua is fromm.

I quite like fromm, but he also benefits from the best oline in college. I think rosen would probably look pretty similar under those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Love has the arm you want in the NFL and is mobile, the talent around him is bad. (Like a Josh Allen). Last week he was throwing great balls and hitting in the WRs in the hands only to have them get dropped. He was also throwing bad balls as well. Thought he would be better this year but has regressed a bit

Herbert has faced three tough teams in Auburn, Stanford and Cal and played well in all of them but I feel he is missing something to make him a good NFL QB. I think he has the lowest floor of any of the QBs. - Tua.
    Love had 2 or 3 big throws that were dropped before I stopped watching in the first half, he just looks a little raw but I still think hes got a high ceiling worth investing in. He does all the hard stuff that if you get him to learn the simple things then I think he can be a great player.

And I completely agree with Herbert. Hes honestly got the same problems Rosen has. Hes just late on a lot of throws and is just a bit off on a lot of throws that would make him look a lot better.

Tua hasn't made a ton of big flashy throws yet, but the reason he's far and away better than the rest is because hes done everything perfectly every single time. Watch every slant route he throws and you'll see what I'm talking about. He hits his receivers in stride every single time he throws it. Once you notice those things you'll notice how often the other QBs miss those throws.

Obviously a lot of things can change, but I'd prefer to just stick with Rosen instead of drafting any of these QBs next year after Tua. Take Andrew Thomas, Jeudy or Epensa with the two top picks and snag Creed Humphrey or the Wisconsin kid with the Texans pick. Then take Johnathan Taykor or Tyler Ettine with the 2and round pick and just completely change the office. If Rosen doesnt work then move up and take either Lawerence or the Ohio State kid.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 10-07-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

for me its either Tua or Rosen. I really have no other QB i love in the draft over Rosen other than Tua. If you don't get Tua, then give Rosen a legit WR weapon, build the OL and give the kid a running game. And like Kody stated, prepare to make a run at the top QB in 2021 if need be. we have the draft assets to do so.

My gut tells me if they don't get Tua, they pick with their own #1 and PIT #1, and then trade the HOU #1 for a 2020 2nd and a 2021 1st. And they go all in on Rosen for 2020 and see what he has to offer. If nothing, they sell the farm for Lawrence in 2021.

I guess I'm in the minority when I say I detest Love as an option for this team. If they grabbed him in the late 3rd or 4th, then fine, its acceptable. But to waste a 1st or 2nd on him, no thanks. hard pass.

obviously Love is my top choice. light on his feet and his arm talent is incredible. I can see him being a top 3 QB in the NFL really easily and he is the only one I can. obviously ok with Tua my 2nd choice. after that its tricky because I have to consider the gap between the next guy and Rosen and if I think the gap warrants a 1st round pick. it does with Burrow but after that the gap shrinks enough to where I just stick with Rosen

you can't sell the farm for Lawrence as he is the first can't miss QB prospect since Luck. you will either have to get the #1 pick or not get him. nobody is trading out of it
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 10-08-2019 at 11:52 AM.

So I know we haven't talked about this but James with his normal injury history could cost us. He has missed 3 games already for the Broncos and if he where to miss 3 more that 3rd round pick will likely turn into a 4th round pick.

Wakes 5th round pick is also in question as the Titian's are only using him very lightly to probably keep him freash but if he continues on the current rate his too will drop to a 6th/7th round pick.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I am not too worried about a 3rd becoming a 4th and a 6th becoming a 7fh. of course would prefer the higher pick but we have the picks in the next two drafts to move around at will. most important thing is to hit on QB

Obviously it would hurt the draft value, but losing that 3rd is a major loss for trade value. A 3rd is a legit core trade piece that you can flip for a good young player. With it dropping to the 4th you'll really only be able to get a disgruntled vet or someone overpriced.

I fully expect us to use a lot of these picks to trade for some vets, so that's the first thing that came to my mind with this news.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Obviously it would hurt the draft value, but losing that 3rd is a major loss for trade value. A 3rd is a legit core trade piece that you can flip for a good young player. With it dropping to the 4th you'll really only be able to get a disgruntled vet or someone overpriced.

I fully expect us to use a lot of these picks to trade for some vets, so that's the first thing that came to my mind with this news.
    You dont want those picks to drop but nothing we can do about it.

At least we have multiple other picks we can and probably will use to trade down with. I expect us to be very active during the draft.

They know this team is a long ways from being good, so i suspect theyll continue finding ways to add more future draft capital.

I see us trading the HOU pick either for a player or in a trade down to 2nd rd and receive another 2021 1st

If we use a lot of these picks to trade for vets, we're basically back to where we've been for the past 20 years IMO. I think we'll use the Houston first to trade down while getting another first in 2021, like others are saying. But I expect use to use most of our other picks to try and build a nucleus that will keep us competitive for more than a couple of years. We'll add vets via FA but if we also spend draft picks on acquiring more vets then vets become the center of the team and we're back to a 7 wins/year team most of the time IMO.

The only vet I'd trade a pick for is Trent Williams, and thats in the off-season, and does not include a 1st rd pick. He is clearly not going to play for WSH ever again, so I don't see WSH in a position to be holding out for a 1st rd pick right now.

Would I give up NO 2nd rd pick? Damn straight I would! Would I give up 2020 HOU 1st and 2020 MIA 3rd for Williams and 2020 WSH 2nd? yup!

So I agree I think a quality vet may come our way via a trade, as long as it makes sense for the team. Ramsey, as awesome as he is, is not a right fit (character-wise) on this young team.

Losing the 3rd rd comp pick would suck, but we could have 6 picks in the top 65 picks in 2020 . . . that is still 6 chances at landing good, young, franchise changing talents.

Also, for people not so hot on Grier making our draft picks . . . we also have Reggie McKenzie in the FO to assist him. We're going to be A.O.K.

The team is going to look to be competitive starting next year, which wont happen with 13 rookies. You try and flip some of those picks for good players that fit your scheme. Look for something like the Stills trade a few years ago. I'd be overjoyed to flip the Houston pick for Trent William's.

Btw, Washington is planning to start Keenum this week at QB unless his foot doesnt allow it. I was honestly hoping for McCoy who at the least is safer than Keenum. The only way I think we win this game is if Keenum throws a few INTs.

The team is going to look to be competitive starting next year, which wont happen with 13 rookies. You try and flip some of those picks for good players that fit your scheme. Look for something like the Stills trade a few years ago. I'd be overjoyed to flip the Houston pick for Trent William's.

Btw, Washington is planning to start Keenum this week at QB unless his foot doesnt allow it. I was honestly hoping for McCoy who at the least is safer than Keenum. The only way I think we win this game is if Keenum throws a few INTs.
    Come on guys.

If we draft Tua then the need for a left tackle drops significantly AND you want to trade a 1st for a 32 year old left tackle who is likely sitting out a full year? This is a move the old Fins would make. Skins have zero leverage in their situation with Trent. If we take Tua then we are at a huge advantage as we will be valuing a right tackle much more than a left tackle while the rest of the league will still be valuing the left tackle position more.

I really like the idea of trading Houston's 1st for a 2020 2nd and 2021 1st. Obviously it takes 2 to tango so we will cross that bridge when we get there. But a 1st for Trent Williams is idiotic in my opinion.

With all this being said, we definitely need to sign 2 above average o lineman in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Come on guys.

If we draft Tua then the need for a left tackle drops significantly AND you want to trade a 1st for a 32 year old left tackle who is likely sitting out a full year? This is a move the old Fins would make. Skins have zero leverage in their situation with Trent. If we take Tua then we are at a huge advantage as we will be valuing a right tackle much more than a left tackle while the rest of the league will still be valuing the left tackle position more.

I really like the idea of trading Houston's 1st for a 2020 2nd and 2021 1st. Obviously it takes 2 to tango so we will cross that bridge when we get there. But a 1st for Trent Williams is idiotic in my opinion.

With all this being said, we definitely need to sign 2 above average o lineman in free agency.
    No disrespect to Kody, but I agree. A first is like gold. We have 3 so we can keep flipping extra firsts for future firsts and more to keep that going. Keep stocking up on cheap and productive players and use cap to get those vets without losing picks. Protect those picks, especially the early round picks.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 10-10-2019 at 05:55 PM.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast