Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 343
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,381
    #RollWithRosen

    I get people are truly believing Tua is the target at #1, but the way Rosen is dropping dimes to his WRs, I think he can potentially win Grier, Flores and Ross over with his arm talent. People seem to forget he is only 22, in his 2nd year, and 2nd offensive system. If you get #1, should they take Tua? I'm 90% okay with them doing it.

    But I'm also very okay with going with Rosen in 2020, and building a team around him, or a potential QB in 2021.

    So getting the #1 pick is somewhat important to me as a fan, but I'm not going to cry if we get two in the top 5, no matter where they land.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    350
    I could see Miami rolling with Rosen throughout his rookie contract and team option year. I've wondered when a franchise would build around a rookie contract qb then ship him out for picks. My theory is you don't give a qb 30 mil a year when you have to invest so much in his surrounding talent. If I have to invest in top talent to surround my qb then my qb doesn't deserve a mega deal. I think the Rams should've gone this route with Goff.

    I don't know that's just my thinking.

    But I do have a man crush on Tua.

    I believe I saw we have the 4th and 5th picks right now. Cin, Den, Wsh, NYJ all have much more talent on their roster than Miami does. Cincy always has our #, Den has had no pass rush yet, Wsh has a solid defense but has been on the field a lot, Jets - well Gase will love to stick it to us. haha

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,022
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    starting to believe that he is better than sunshine as well

    be awesome if we got the 1st and 2nd pick
    That'd be crazy...

    Trade #2 for the Raiders two 1st's... 5 1st round picks... Talk about cornering the market...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,022
    The last time Miami picked #1 was 08' with Jake Long... The Phin's starting QB for the 08'/09' season was 32 year old Chad Pennington... Back-up was Henne... I can't for the life of me think they believed that Chad Henne was going to become the teams next franchise QB...

    Miami was 1-15 for the 07'/08' season... QB's were Cleopatra Lemon and 37 year old Trent Green... That should have been ding ding moment to take Matty Ryan... I really really thought watching the 08' draft that Ryan was going to be the #1 pick...

    The Henne experiment lasted all of 2 seasons...

    Jake Long, although was a 4 time Pro Bowler lasted only 5 years in Miami... Who the hell did they plan on him protecting...???

    IMO, the Phins need the #1 pick and they need to draft what could be finally their franchise QB...

    My physician is an Alabama Alum, and they believe that Tua is the best Bama QB since Namath and Stabler...

    I like Rosen and I was in the minority when they traded for him... But at the time I didn't believe that Miami would be the worst team in the league, let alone in the top 5 worst... IMO, if Rosen shines, but the overall team can't be better than the other 31 teams I still think it's gotta be Tua... Having Rosen shine while Miami is the worst team in the league would be an absolute win win...

    Draft Tua and trade a super contract friendly Rosen for a Patriots and Garopollo type deal... Jimmy G didn't even QB for an entire season and the Pats got #43... Rosen surviving an entire season under center behind the current line and playing pretty damn good would be wonderful...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,057
    The reason the Pat's were able to get good trades for Brissett and Jimmy G were because they had very limited tape shown and on that tape they played well for the best team in the league
    Rosen is going to get two full seasons of bad tape, his fault or not. So I really dont understand why everyone thinks we'll get anything for him. At best you'll get some mid round pick but most teams will just take someone with a similar impact with that same pick and get a full rookie deal.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,022
    Lots of tape left for Rosen's season...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The reason the Pat's were able to get good trades for Brissett and Jimmy G were because they had very limited tape shown and on that tape they played well for the best team in the league
    Rosen is going to get two full seasons of bad tape, his fault or not. So I really dont understand why everyone thinks we'll get anything for him. At best you'll get some mid round pick but most teams will just take someone with a similar impact with that same pick and get a full rookie deal.
    I don't think his tape is bad though.

    It's just hard to get a clear evaluation without the production.

    But imo, his summer tape was mostly good, and his tape in the last game was good.

    I still think well draft tua though no matter how good rosen looks. This franchise needs to end its qb search once and for all, and tua/rosen probably do that for you, and rosen provides a great backup, and a future trade chip anyway.

    I've been saying for years Mia should be developing 2 QBs at a time until we find one, rosen/tua would be 2 high quality qb prospects.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,057
    I liked Rosen in this game, but I think we're really overselling his performance. He was late on quite a few throws and off on a bunch of other throws. He was fun to watch for sure, but he still has the same problem that he had since college. He's got no timing on throws and misses a lot of easy throws. I just don't see how you'll be able to get anything worthwhile for him in a trade.

    I fully expect Rosen to be here next year and probably start the season. I think they took a chance on him hoping it would work and at worst case you've got a decent backup.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I liked Rosen in this game, but I think we're really overselling his performance. He was late on quite a few throws and off on a bunch of other throws. He was fun to watch for sure, but he still has the same problem that he had since college. He's got no timing on throws and misses a lot of easy throws. I just don't see how you'll be able to get anything worthwhile for him in a trade.

    I fully expect Rosen to be here next year and probably start the season. I think they took a chance on him hoping it would work and at worst case you've got a decent backup.
    You're probably right, some of it is excitement about seeing an actual QB who understands some parts of the game and how to manage a pocket / non pocket. I still think those 2 things (timing and consistency) can be cleaned up, especially when he becomes more familiar with the receivers and system. I think he'll relax which should help with some of the high ones he threw, but I think for a guy who knew he had to get moving on most snaps he delivered the ball well, especially with less than a year of starting experience in less than ideal circumstances. Easier to clean that stuff up than a lack of anticipation like Tannehill had for 7 years. Rosen has a chance to become a very good QB. Tannehill didn't. He may go Rich Gannon and get it at age 35, but even that is not a guarantee. Rosen has a much better shot at making something of himself. Whether that happens in Miami or somewhere else, or maybe not at all, time will tell, but I think he can be very good.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    802
    Fins should try to deal Parker, Drake and a 3rd rnd pick to the GIANTS for a 2020 (or) 2021 first rnd pick.
    Last edited by esb; 09-26-2019 at 07:40 AM.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    898
    “…Miami’s comp pick for Ja’Wuan James has been demoted to a 4th rounder due to a knee injury he suffered early in Week 1. Unlike with (New York Jets LB C.J.) Mosley, there’s a higher change that this demotion could stick. My forecasting suggests that missing six games–of which James has done half of so far–could be enough to keep his contract valued in the 4th round.”*– Nick Korte, Over The Cap

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    “…Miami’s comp pick for Ja’Wuan James has been demoted to a 4th rounder due to a knee injury he suffered early in Week 1. Unlike with (New York Jets LB C.J.) Mosley, there’s a higher change that this demotion could stick. My forecasting suggests that missing six games–of which James has done half of so far–could be enough to keep his contract valued in the 4th round.”*– Nick Korte, Over The Cap
    James is still screwing us from Denver!!

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,022
    https://clutchpoints.com/dolphins-ne...-elbow-injury/

    Minor elbow injury... ... Does management think Miami wins some games with Rosen at the helm...???

    If Rosen gets pulled Sunday for Fitz and ends up missing a chunk of games that would be some hysterically, historically tanking...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    You're probably right, some of it is excitement about seeing an actual QB who understands some parts of the game and how to manage a pocket / non pocket. I still think those 2 things (timing and consistency) can be cleaned up, especially when he becomes more familiar with the receivers and system. I think he'll relax which should help with some of the high ones he threw, but I think for a guy who knew he had to get moving on most snaps he delivered the ball well, especially with less than a year of starting experience in less than ideal circumstances. Easier to clean that stuff up than a lack of anticipation like Tannehill had for 7 years. Rosen has a chance to become a very good QB. Tannehill didn't. He may go Rich Gannon and get it at age 35, but even that is not a guarantee. Rosen has a much better shot at making something of himself. Whether that happens in Miami or somewhere else, or maybe not at all, time will tell, but I think he can be very good.
    I loved Rosen coming out man, but they dont always develop the way you want. The anticipation is something hes never really had. And while I love his pocket presence and his aggressive mentality, he just doesnt do the little things that makes an elite QB.

    I'm watching Rodgers right now on TNF and it's just one of those games where hes unstoppable and its largely because of his anticipation. Just having that QB that just immediately knows where to go with the ball and is always on time is what separates the greats and it's a large reason I love Tua. He doesnt miss a beat no matter what's going on. Rosen might develop into a decent QB that can make it work with help, but hes not anywhere near that yet and we shouldn't settle.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    29,975
    https://twitter.com/PFF_Steve/status...126345220?s=20

    Rosen leds the league in uncatchable balls thus far but a large margin per PFF

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •