Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    The OL guy I want is Anthony Castonzo. No he isn't elite but he is solid and thats what you need.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/n...235293857.html

Any comments on the QB change...???

I have no problem handing him the ball week 3... Three things could happen with that decision...

1) He sucks and Phins tank to #1...

2) He plays great which makes the 20' draft for the Phins three 1st rounders very interesting...

3) He's mediocre at best, maybe goes 4 and 8 if still alive and starting, but the #1 pick and Tua are still option A...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

As for Taco, throw him with Davon and Wilkins as a starter... What's there to lose...??? It's not like he can hurt Rosen...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

Considering Jerry came out today and threw Taco under the bus, I'd love for them to throw him out there a few times and see if hes extra motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/n...235293857.html

Any comments on the QB change...???

I have no problem handing him the ball week 3... Three things could happen with that decision...

1) He sucks and Phins tank to #1...

2) He plays great which makes the 20' draft for the Phins three 1st rounders very interesting...

3) He's mediocre at best, maybe goes 4 and 8 if still alive and starting, but the #1 pick and Tua are still option A...
    The worst that can happen is hes mediocre enough to get 5 or 6 wins and the team doesnt get the top pick. Theres just no way the team that's picking #1 overall trades out of the spot and let's someone take Tua.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Considering Jerry came out today and threw Taco under the bus, I'd love for them to throw him out there a few times and see if hes extra motivated.

The worst that can happen is hes mediocre enough to get 5 or 6 wins and the team doesnt get the top pick. Theres just no way the team that's picking #1 overall trades out of the spot and let's someone take Tua.
    I guess anything could happen, but I don't think winning 6 of 14 games with this squad around him would make him mediocre. I doubt it happens anyway, regardless of schedule. So worst case is he catches fire and drags this team to 6 wins and it turns out that was his best season ever, but I think that is very unlikely in year 2.

Man watching Tua then going to Herbert just makes it so obvious. I understand some people will fall in love with the physical tools of Herbert, but you give Tua the same type of easy throws and he just gets so much more. Tua always puts the ball in the perfect spot for the WR to run whereas Herbert always seems late or behind.

OL guy I want is Joe Thuney but hoping to attack OL in free agency and getting more than 1 starter there

R1 Tua
    R1 Ruggs
    R1 this is dependent on how much OL help they get before the draft. if they don't get much help Biadasz/Wirfs. Bryce Hall would be my pick if not OL
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 09-22-2019 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    OL guy I want is Joe Thuney but hoping to attack OL in free agency and getting more than 1 starter there

R1 Tua
    R1 Ruggs
    R1 this is dependent on how much OL help they get before the draft. if they don't get much help Biadasz/Wirfs. Bryce Hall would be my pick if not OL
    I really expect them to get 2 solid to very good OL guys in FA and to draft one of the better prospects early. I think they will use a first on a QB and possibly OL, if not OL in the second depending on how many guys they like are available.
    But I am really expecting one of those firsts to be traded down for future picks.

Flores seems like the type that wants the the vet guys so I expect 2 guys to be brought in then take 2 rookies at some point in this draft. One early and one in the mid.

OL Jason Spriggs, OT Jack Conklin, OG Brandon Scherff, OG Joe Thuney . . . I would target two of these guys.

DL Leonard Williams (my fave!), DE Chris Jones, DL Arik Armstead, DT Vernon Butler, DT A'Shawn Robinson . . . need this help BAD! Our DL sucks just as much as our OL.

Vonn Bell to replace RJ.

Draft:
    1 - Tua
    1 from PIT - S Grant Delpit
    1 from HOU - WR Tee Higgins
    2 - LB Dylan Moses
    2 from NO - OC Lloyd Cushenberry

Then fill in the DB, OL and DL in the mid rounds. We need help everywhere and I think they focus on best player available and not position.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The team has claimed DE Taco Charlton off of waivers.

Charlton was drafted the same year as Harris and has largely been just as bad as Harris. But he's young and comes cheap. Might as well take the risk.
    Taco was another guy who failed the SPARQ test, and was expected to be a bust and is exactly that.

Lmao remember when people here thought we would win 4-5 games this year...

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Lmao remember when people here thought we would win 4-5 games this year...
    I was thinking 3 or 4 and said 4 (because people often think I'm being pessimistic). But that was before trading Stills and Tunsil too. We'll see what happens.
    The LMAO is the people I have seen on boards saying we should win 9-10 and get into the playoffs. I kid you not.

I think Williams was the flavor of the month during the PreSeason, but IMO his weaknesses will always show there heads... Unfortunately they have happened in or near the endzone...

Checkout his NFL Draft analysis weaknesses...

Weaknesses...

- Rarely matched against NFL-caliber cornerback prospects...
    - Does his own thing on press-release and will need to tighten it up...
    - Ball skills still have room for growth...
    - Struggles to finish low throws and contested catches...
    - Content to reach for catch rather than working to center it in frame...
    - Excessive deep-ball drops...
    - Will need to do better job of coming back to the throw...
    - Disappointing testing numbers at his pro day...
    - Considered a character scratch by some teams...

His strengths were mainly his physique, physical abilities and his after the catch abilities...

I may be in the minority, but I think Parker is a much better WR and will have a better year...

Reggie Lewis

I want some Patrick Laird like Bruce Dickinson wants more Cowbell...

Reggie Lewis

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast