Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    It was super obvious after last night that it needed to happen. Dude has had multiple years of knee injuries so theres no point wasting him this year. Give him the year off and get ready for us to be an actual football team next year.

If X plays the last 3 games we probably win. You saw his impact in this Steelers game, so he could have shut down McLaurin and gotten a few off of Allen. Him being out the rest of the year is huge for the tank.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

ESPN loves to hate on Miami. They blast them for being around .500 the last 2 decades and nothing to show then blast them for tanking.

Bengals are 4 years too late in benching Dalton.
    This is the exact reason why teams should tank but it should be planned 1 year ahead of time like we did. Clear cap space and have to long term contracts except for a young player at a premium position (X) and load up on picks. If we take Tua #1 then we get our franchise qb without having to trade up using draft capital.

I don't hear ESPN blasting the Jets, Bengals or Skins. Especially nobody blasting the Skins for messing up the Trent Williams situation while Miami got a king's ransom from Texans for Tunsil!

I love the Tank-A-Thon happening in the NFL right now. Soooooo many national outlets were harping on the Phins for trading away all of their assets for draft picks before, but now that CIN is starting a rookie QB, and NYJ is looking to sell the farm, its becoming a crap shoot for top seeding.

One thing I know is Gase will not lay down against MIA . . . even though I want MIA to win in the worst way.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I love the Tank-A-Thon happening in the NFL right now. Soooooo many national outlets were harping on the Phins for trading away all of their assets for draft picks before, but now that CIN is starting a rookie QB, and NYJ is looking to sell the farm, its becoming a crap shoot for top seeding.

One thing I know is Gase will not lay down against MIA . . . even though I want MIA to win in the worst way.
    I'm hoping Darnold gets it going on Sunday...

The NFL talking heads are an absolute joke... If the Bengals were playing Monday night they'd say the same thing...

The only "huge tanking trade" was Tunsil and Stills... Lots of teams would have made that trade for all those picks... IMO, Miami was doing Tunsil and Stills a favor... They gave them a chance to be on a playoff team... Tunsil alone was not saving this o-line...

Drake was no tank'athon trade... He sucked... He's sucked the last two seasons...

That Biegel trade is looking pretty good for Miami...

Now, if Parker gets traded (which IMO would get another nice pick or 2) people will go nuts screaming "tank job"...!!! But in reality, if a contending team calls Grier and offers a nice package, it's a no brainer... Some may disagree because he's playing well and he wanted to come back... Keep the picks rolling in... With all the picks they should be able to find a top level franchise WR...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

I liked finley in the draft as a solid game manager type.

Pretty similar to dalton tbh.

Gase doing same thing he did in miami, getting rid of everyone.

I cant believe another team fell his **** after what they saw in miami.

Whats the updated look of our draft picks?

I noticed a water guy really giving a high effort last night. He just sprinted right over to a lineman and got that bottle right up to his face mask at the perfect angle just effortlessly. Thing of beauty, really. That kind of work ethic obviously helps the players do better. Do water guys fall under the same rules as players or can he still be traded? Or, they may want to IR him as well.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 10-30-2019 at 04:06 PM.

according to overthecap where now getting a 4th for Ja'Wuan James and a 7th Brandon Bolden

Quote Originally Posted by gambo1988 View Post
    according to overthecap where now getting a 4th for Ja'Wuan James and a 7th Brandon Bolden
    And media outlets wonder why MIA didn't resign him. He's a joke of a RT. But good for him for cashing in . . . can't blame him there.

Obviously the 3rd would have been super, but the 4th comp pick is not bad because it could get us back into the 3rd. Having 6 picks in the top 100 is still really, really good.

The team signed TE Clive Walford after placing X on IR.

So I saw some threads in the MIA vs. PIT thread that I wanted to continue here regarding the #1 pick.

I would have zero problem drafting Chase Young at #1. Purely the BEST player in the entire draft, hands down.

I would be perfectly fine dropping down to #3-4 in a trade back, granted we get awesome compensation, because, again, a great prospect will be there (Tua, Young, Burrow, Thomas, Jeudy, Okudah). And this regime could still be hell bent on Herbert (we don't know for sure) and right now Herbert could probably be had anywhere between 8-12.

If OAK calls up, and offers their two 2020 1st rd picks, as well as a 2021 1st & 2nd or 3rd . . . you have to seriously consider it.

We are not one player away from being relevant. We are almost a full 53 man squad away from being relevant.

I will bang the table for Tua at #1 all day . . . I want him to lead this franchise BUT if they go Young, or trade back, I'm going to be okay with it because we lack soooooo much that building a team for any QB may be the best option.

Just a side note . . .

Lots of talk up here on TV and sports radio about Brady opting out after this year. They were listing potential teams he could go to, and MIA was actually one of them. Imagine if he wanted a chance to turn around another franchise for the next couple of years? Imagine if he signs a three year deal with MIA in the off-season? And we still have the #1 pick? That would most likely turn the draft on its head.

Lots of Pats in MIA right now . . . I hate Tom Brady BUT it would make for a fascinating experience ala Peyton in DEN

The team has designated OT Julien Davenport as the first player to come back from IR. He'll start practicing this week.

Just a side note . . .

Lots of talk up here on TV and sports radio about Brady opting out after this year. They were listing potential teams he could go to, and MIA was actually one of them. Imagine if he wanted a chance to turn around another franchise for the next couple of years? Imagine if he signs a three year deal with MIA in the off-season? And we still have the #1 pick? That would most likely turn the draft on its head.

Lots of Pats in MIA right now . . . I hate Tom Brady BUT it would make for a fascinating experience ala Peyton in DEN
    Brady cant do what he did in NE anywhere else and no way hes leaving.

Brady wants to get paid one last time, and he knows NE is notoriously cheap, so hes putting the pressure on them early.

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast