Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Lynn Swann out as USC AD

Big move today coming out of USC, Swann has resigned as AD, and the last protection for Clay Helton is gone. People on the search committee have already reached out to prospective parties. A new hire for this job is going to want to put their stamp on the program immediately, and can promise a 5* QB in Daniels for their first year. No way Helton survives.

The cynic in me says this screams Urban Meyer.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    The cynic in me says this screams Urban Meyer.
    I've been thinking Urb to Notre Dame eventually, but USC would be hard to turn down

Wouldn't Meyer be the kind of old school do anything for a win that they would want to avoid at this point with all the accusations swirling around the program?That being said I don't have any names to suggest.Kliff Kingsbury but I think he is busy.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangclock View Post
    Wouldn't Meyer be the kind of old school do anything for a win that they would want to avoid at this point with all the accusations swirling around the program?That being said I don't have any names to suggest.Kliff Kingsbury but I think he is busy.
    They've been playing it safe and it hasn't worked

USC would want to recapture the glory of Carroll coaching Reggie Bush, and who better to bring along to relive that era than Meyer?