Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

In a class of his own

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

He should be in the running for a 2nd CY.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    He should be in the running for a 2nd CY.
    He should be the front runner but Iím worried the stupid voters will give it to Ryu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Technically he should be leading the CY Young race. He's second in the NL in fWAR but its a negligible difference (Scherzer 5.7 fWAR to deGrom's 5.6) and deGrom has pitched 24 more innings.

Ryu has been impressive but not as good as those guys. Its just his ERA that stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Technically he should be leading the CY Young race. He's second in the NL in fWAR but its a negligible difference (Scherzer 5.7 fWAR to deGrom's 5.6) and deGrom has pitched 24 more innings.

Ryu has been impressive but not as good as those guys. Its just his ERA that stands out.
    Ryu has a half run low ERA, thatís very significant

But deGrom is a .5 run better on his FIP.
    And may eclipse 200 innings.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Ryu has a half run low ERA, thatís very significant
    Meh Dodger Stadium is notoriously pitcher friendly. Not to say his road ERA isn't very good. It is but its like 1.5 at home. I expect Ryu to regress more as the season closes too. It will be a close race though.

Meh Dodger Stadium is notoriously pitcher friendly. Not to say his road ERA isn't very good. It is but its like 1.5 at home. I expect Ryu to regress more as the season closes too. It will be a close race though.
    Even if they close the gap on ERA, I think W/L and Degrom winning it last year with a poor W/L will give it to Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Even if they close the gap on ERA, I think W/L and Degrom winning it last year with a poor W/L will give it to Ryu
    If deGrom closes strong, I think he'll repeat. I don't think the Nationals are going to be as aggressive with Scherzer because they want him to be healthy for the WC card and beyond (if they make it that far). Ryu has been excellent this year but he's always hurt and he's not this good.

I expect him to close the gap in terms of his lead on ERA.

Not that I'm counting Jake out, bit it's difficult to win back to CY's.

I expect Scherzer to take it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    A Reason To Go To The Gym

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Not that I'm counting Jake out, bit it's difficult to win back to CY's.

I expect Scherzer to take it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Itís up to who has the best September. Almost everything is equal for them this year.

So is Citi Field, it not more so.

JR: Whoís the favorite right now for NY Cy Young?

Keith Law: DeGrom. Scherzer leads him in fWAR but DeGromís innings lead and counting stats will probably carry the day.

The problem I find with DeGrom and the CY is that since the Mets became relevent , DeGrom has pitched 4 games against 500 + teams, The Nats twice, The Braves and The Cubs. In those 4 starts he has given up 12 runs, has pitched 6.5 innings with an ERA of 3.11, not CY worthy

Unlike last year with DeGrom, Nola and Scherzer dominating, no pitcher has really dominated . Ryu had been , but not so now. Winning the CY this year in the NL will not be a truly great achievment unlike last year.

In the AL it will be Verlander with Gerrit Cole, ( a Yankee next year ), right behind him .
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 09-06-2019 at 03:50 AM.

Thatís why they donít give Cy for SSS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast