Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    3-2 in the next 5
    8-2 in the 10 after that.
    2-1 vs Braves in the final series.

13-5

That gives them 87 wins. I still donít see it.

I think 88 games wins the second WC.
    I think 13-5 may be enough.

Start by sweeping the DBacks.

They need to take 1 game at worst against the Dodgers. They really could use a 5-1 road trip against the Rockies and Reds.

So thatís 8-4. Take 3/4 games against the Marlins and 2/3 against the Braves and thatís 87-75.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyfnz View Post
    I was thinking infield, but yea you gotta sit Nimmo vs lefties and Davis can play OF.
    Yeah these would be my lineups the next 2 days:

SS-Rosario
    1B-Alonso
    LF-Davis
    C-Ramos
    2B-Cano
    3B-Frazier
    RF-Conforto
    CF-Lagares

SS-Rosario
    2B-McNeil
    1B-Alonso
    LF-Davis
    3B-Frazier
    RF-R. Davis
    CF-Lagares
    C-Rivera

McNeil could use a day-off and Cano has great numbers against Robbie Ray.

Alex Young on Thursday is extremely tough on lefties so I think itís a good day to get Conforto and Cano days off and Rajai Davis in there. Load up on as many righties as possible since Ramos will need to take off day after night game.

Cubs lost. Mets 3 games back.

If they can find a way to sweep the DBacks, that would be huge.

Cubs not having Baez and the Brewers not having Yelich the rest of the way should help the Mets.

Last night is the kind of game that they'd been losing. But they overcame Pete's brain fart, Wilson's scuffling (no Lugo) and a horrible offensive performance by everyone but Frazier.

McNeil, Alonso and Conforto have to step it up.

We need to pick up a game every 5-6 days. Got one last night. Yelich is down. Cubs are vulnerable. We can set the D'backs back ourselves in the next two days. And the Phil's IMO have the toughest remaining schedule of the teams in the WC hunt.

The LA series may decide everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    They were also throwing mid 80's and pacing themselves.
    Not in the 1980s they werenít.

Pacing themselves, yes. But I think lost guys lived in the low 90s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I think 13-5 may be enough.

Start by sweeping the DBacks.

They need to take 1 game at worst against the Dodgers. They really could use a 5-1 road trip against the Rockies and Reds.

So thatís 8-4. Take 3/4 games against the Marlins and 2/3 against the Braves and thatís 87-75.
    I think as we head down the final 3 weeks someone will creep close to 90 wins.

The Mets really canít afford more than 3-4 more losses to have a shot.

I think theyíll have be about 15-3 to get in.

Itís still possible. But thereís no more room for shitsheads like Diaz blowing games.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post

Itís still possible. But thereís no more room for shitsheads like Diaz blowing games.

It was quite telling when he didn't enter the game last night with two men on.
    Mickey has no faith in him anymore.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Diaz avoided like the plague. It was shockingly disciplined of Mickey. Its like hes trying to win or something.

Matz: 4 starts
    Stroman: 4 starts
    Noah: 4 starts
    deGrom: 3 starts
    Wheeler: 3 starts

If the Mets can flip Noah and Stroman in the Miami series they could have Noah throw in the Saturday game against the Braves, and have either Jacob or Stroman in the finale. Assuming they are still in it.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I wish we could use Lugo back to back, or even a bit more, but I don't get why he's getting **** for not being available as often as we'd like. For instance, every night. He has been pitching with a partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his pitching arm since 2017. That same year he was DL'd for shoulder impingement in his pitching arm. He has said multiple times that he never knows how his arm will recover after an appearance and he basically tells Mickey and the FO how he feels during warmups the next day. So it's essentially his call. It's understandable that his pitching arm would hurt after any outing, especially multi-inning appearances that all seem to be high-stress, high-leverage. Also, he's already made a career-high 54 appearances, totaling 71 IP (disturbingly, only Familia and Diaz have more). If we had any depth at all in the pen his absences wouldn't be so pronounced. Since he's been one of the better relievers in the game this year, a case can be made that for once they've deployed a player in a way that gets the most out of his health, ability and availability.
    Last edited by The Futurist; 09-11-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    I wish we could use Lugo back to back, or even a bit more, but I don't get why he's getting **** for not being available as often as we'd like. For instance, every night. He has been pitching with a partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his pitching arm since 2017. That same year he was DL'd for shoulder impingement in his pitching arm. He has said multiple times that he never knows how his arm will recover after an appearance and he basically tells Mickey and the FO how he feels during warmups the next day. So it's essentially his call. It's understandable that his pitching arm would hurt after any outing, especially multi-inning appearances that all seem to be high-stress, high-leverage. Also, he's already made a career-high 54 appearances, totaling 71 IP (disturbingly, only Familia and Diaz have more). If we had any depth at all in the pen his absences wouldn't be so pronounced. Since he's been one of the better relievers in the game this year, a case can be made that for once they've deployed a player in a way that gets the most out of his health, ability and availability.
    If they make the postseason and in tight games I imagine they will have to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    If they make the postseason and in tight games I imagine they will have to do that.
    Sure. If the stakes get higher I'm sure Lugo and the FO will view his availability through a different lens. The reward will be higher but the risk of injury/ineffectiveness will remain about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Also in the post season, play-in or do-or-die games I imagine they'll keep a starter on a roll in for more than 105 pitches. That alone, if it works, would have a huge impact on the frequency and duration of use for Lugo and take some of the other bozos out of the equation. It's nice to dream.

Not in the 1980s they werenít.

Pacing themselves, yes. But I think lost guys lived in the low 90s.

You're right. Low to mid 90's with guys like Gooden, Scott and Ryan (along with a few others) were hitting high 90's and fewer hitting 100's.

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    You're right. Low to mid 90's with guys like Gooden, Scott and Ryan (along with a few others) were hitting high 90's and fewer hitting 100's.
    Hard to quantify but it seemed like a lot more pitchers from that era were doctoring the ball, including the good version of Scott, Kenny Rogers, Jay Howell, Joe Niekro...even Hershiser was suspected.

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast