Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    But where do they come up with 3 consecutive rest days in a playoff race? I would like to know how they came to that conclusion if he has had no setbacks.
    Apparently because they brought him back early and it’s precautionary. He wasn’t ready to be back but they would rather have him in limited action than not have him at all right now. It makes sense. Read that on twitter earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    So best case scenario tonight:

Rockies beat the Cardinals
    Mets beat the D’Backs
    Cubs beat the Padres.
    Marlins beat Brewers. Not looking good so far. Just two games back of us and with easier matchup this week.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I just can't seem to muster up the energy to be optimistic about this season anymore. Just feels like the perfect storm of underachieving, injury, and bad luck. Make me change my mind.
    Sorry, I got nothing after this weekend.

Javy possibly being out for most if not all of this final month is gonna be a killer. He has been the most valuable player on this team for the last two seasons and just impacts the game in too many ways to replace that spark. The one guy that they couldn't afford to lose for such an extended stretch. Bryant is gonna need time off with the knee. Kimbrel taking another trip to the injured list. Willy being handled with kid gloves since hamstrings are tricky is bad news. Lester and Hamels aren't looking primed for a strong finish. Same old feast or famine wildly inconsistent offense that fails miserably in clutch situational moments. Just simply don't trust this bullpen to not find ways to blow more games as they have done all season. You are battling like four other teams for two wild card spots. Still an awful road team. Feels like a lack of urgency. Joe is having regular brain farts and is stuck in his stubborn ways.

Overall, it's hard to feel positive about this team in these remaining few weeks in a year they've never been able to put it together even when they were healthy.
    Last edited by Vince70; 09-09-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince70 View Post
    Sorry, I got nothing after this weekend.

Javy possibly being out for most if not all that final month is gonna be a killer. He has been the most valuable player on this team for the last two seasons and just impacts the game in too many ways to replace that spark. The one guy that they couldn't afford to lose from the everyday lineup for a extended stretch. Bryant is gonna need time off with the knee. Kimbrel taking another trip to the injured list isn't good. Willy being handled with kid gloves since hamstrings are tricky is bad news. Lester and Hamels aren't looking primed for a strong finish. Same old feast or famine wildly inconsistent offense that fails miserably in clutch situational moments. Just simply don't trust this bullpen to not find ways to blow more games as they have done all season. You are battling like six teams for two wild card spots. Still an awful road team. Feels like a lack of urgency. Joe is having regular brain farts and is stuck in his stubborn ways. Overall, it's very hard to feel positive about this team in the next three week in a year they've never been able to put it together.
    No sense in giving up now. Lol there’s 3 weeks left. The issues are glaring and I don’t mind discussing possible ways to fix this team come offseason but why would somebody just give up now? The Brewers series was definitely hard to take but we are still in the WC and have a favorable schedule coming up compared to the Cardinals. Anything can happen, and yes it doesn’t change the true identity of this team, but why watch 142 games and not the final 20 when we are still technically a playoff team? And what do you mean no sense of urgency? We literally just called up our number 1 prospect straight out of AA. That sounds pretty urgent to me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phillies getting crushed late
    Dbacks losing late
    Brewers winning, getting late

I’m calling a Nico bomb tonight. I don’t care if it’s not realistic 😂

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Phillies getting crushed late
    Dbacks losing late
    Brewers winning, getting late
    - Phillies just lost 7-2

- D’Backs just lost 3-1

- Marlins scored 2 to make it closer. MIL 4-3 in 7th

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Well this ain't good..
    Gonna have to make it to the playoffs without Javy

https://twitter.com/ESPNChiCubs/stat...740589056?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    - Phillies just lost 7-2

- D’Backs just lost 3-1

- Marlins scored 2 to make it closer. MIL 4-3 in 7th
    Go Marlins...
    Hader should be out for tonight right?

Here you go, guy been playing baseball for 20 years (assuming he played Tball) and dont know how to slide.[emoji3061][emoji3061][emoji3061]

https://twitter.com/ESPNChiCubs/stat...886587904?s=19

Lol, what the **** was that all about Machado?

Castellanos!!!!!

That what I want to see, score early and often

Can we please resign this guy?

Hell yeah! 2-0.

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast