Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    How are the Mets going to replace a 4.3 fWAR pitcher? Will they offer a QO?

Who will close next year?

If the Mets can't win when they received the type of production from players like deGrom, Lugo, Wheeler, Noah, McNeil, Alonso & Conforto. What happens if some of their production slips next year?

What are they going to do with JD Davis, will they give him LF and pray he gets better there?

How about McNeil, Lowrie and Cano? who plays where?

Does Cespedes play next year?
    All very good questions .

My realistic offseason for the Mets.

I expect the Mets to offer a QO to Wheeler. If Wheeler excepts the QO, I expect the Mets to try to trade Noah. If not, they will look to move Ramos and keep Noah happy. They either move Lugo to the rotation or bring up Lockett to be the 5th. They will sign a BP arm and trade for another one.

They are going to trade some of their talent like Conforto, Amed, JDD, Smith, McNeil etc. to improve the ball club because they don't have the money and most of the talent in the farm is already gone. What scares me is that this team with all their talent are slowly becoming the LA Angels. A middling team that is wasting some of it young players prime years with old vets whose glory days have passed them by.
    Am I reading this correctly ? Are you saying that the Mets should consider trading McNeil ? And Rosario ? For what?

Not saying they should, saying they will.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    There's no mental gymnastics here. This is clearly a matter of you not believing in God and therefore dismissing its existence in Diaz's performance. Call it for what it is.

How can you filter out God when you can't actually define it quantitatively? And before you suggest that nullifies its existence, it doesn't. Its still out there.
    #JustSayin'

That's ******** that the article doesn't have the numbers to support its own argument. There are reasons why the deviation is so high between expected BABIP performance and actual BABIP performance. Much of it is Diaz's crappy pitching but not all.
    But the numbers themselves do not explain the deviation between expected BABIP and actual BABIP. There are no numbers that explain those numbers. Instead what you have are a set of outrageous numbers and a blind guess as to their cause. You see the limitations of the analytics (or perhaps the analysis) and instead of saying "I don't know," you create a God of the Gaps: Luck.

This is a guy who is seeing his mistakes turn into hits at the 6th highest rate in ML history with an average exit velocity that is in the 75th percentile of the league. Those numbers don't add up to it being solely on him.
    Why not? Do we know how many mistakes he makes relative to other pitchers? If I'm not wrong, aren't the expected numbers based on launch angle and exit velocity? That just means how and how hard the ball is hit, not where it's hit on the plate. We did see a heat map of his hits, and basically everything is over the heart of the plate; how about some hard numbers there? Seems like luck is just the word we use when we're too lazy to dig deep enough for an answer.

Mookie Betts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MnMetFan View Post
    I am fairly new to this board. Please be patient.
    IMHO the Mets needs are the following
    Speed and consistent hitting from our outfield.
    Infield 3rd baseman who can hit and field the position, find a replacement for Cano.
    Pitching We need to replace Wheeler if he is traded, the bullpen needs a major overhaul
    Diaz and Familia are a disaster. I have no idea what Diaz’s problems are he was great last year
    But just lousy this year, Familia is in a funk of unknown causes.
    Welcome!!!!!!

Doubtful Cano is going anywhere. He'll be owed $80 mill for the next 4 seasons. No one's taking that contract and the Mets certainly ain't eating it. Get used to this: "Playing second base for the Mets, Robbie Cano."

Jeffrey Mac will be the third baseman for the immediate future.

Bullpens you just can't figger. Can't figger 'em. Maybe Diaz will bounce back. Diaz does mean "10" in Spanish, So there's that. Not sure what it means but I thought I'd just put it out there anyway.

And patience is a two-way street. We're gonna need a lot of patience, too. Just don't waste too much of if on Bandit. It will eat away at your soul until you become a non believer like me. Of course, if you're already a non believer, have at it!
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

3.31/3.25/3.81 4.2fWAR

4.09/3.50/4.06 4.3 fWAR

Corbin
    4.03/4.08/3.89 3.0 fWAR

3.15/2.47/2.61 5.8 fWAR

There is going to be a team and will look at Wheeler and see a more consistent Patrick Corbin. I would be surprised if someone doesn't offer him at least 5 year $115M. The Braves being one of those teams IMO.
    I think recency bias will hurt Wheeler's market. Also, even if a team looks at more than this year to determine his value moving forward, outside of 2018, what they will mostly see is a pitcher whose only previous consistency was injury.

I do agree with GottaBelieve, however, that he would be well advised to take a more long term deal than the QO.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Mookie Betts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Would love for the Mets to bring him in to play CF. Don't see any chance of the happening though unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I think recency bias will hurt Wheeler's market. Also, even if a team looks at more than this year to determine his value moving forward, outside of 2018, what they will mostly see is a pitcher whose only previous consistency was injury.

I do agree with GottaBelieve, however, that he would be well advised to take a more long term deal than the QO.
    I thought he only suffered a TJS.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

you do what they should have done last offseason.

QO for Wheeler, sign former starters to be relievers or back end rotation insurance for reasonable deals, look for value towards the end of FA and jump on it if it's there. Then if you are in at the AS break go out and add the pieces you need, specifically RP that has preformed well for the year (never mind we have no trade chips left).

I thought he only suffered a TJS.
    Pretty sure that is accurate. He did have some delays in his return and extra precautions when he was back

What would it take to get Mookie Betts? Then again I'm almost positive the Mets wouldn't re-sign him.

But that would be a great option in CF and we know how good a hitter he is. I would offer Syndergaard, Davis, Gimenez, and another low level prospect. I doubt that gets it done but there are talks the Red Sox are trying to move him.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    What would it take to get Mookie Betts? Then again I'm almost positive the Mets wouldn't re-sign him.

But that would be a great option in CF and we know how good a hitter he is. I would offer Syndergaard, Davis, Gimenez, and another low level prospect. I doubt that gets it done but there are talks the Red Sox are trying to move him.
    Diaz and Noah.

If that’s what it would take I’ll do it but make sure to sign him long term.

Diaz and Noah.
    Not getting Betts for someone at his lowest value and Syndergaard. It will take more but they have to re-sign him if they make the trade. It would be a great fit if they can it done.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-21-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast