Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Ridiculously Early Offseason Wishlist

Considering the Mets have to basically win out to make the playoffs and that isn't happening, we might as well look at what they need to address in the offseason.

I like the lineup. Nimmo, Davis, Conforto, Rosario, Alonso, Ramos, McNeil, make for a solid core of guys offensively. I still like the SP but they need to replace Wheeler in all likelihood and the bullpen needs a overhaul.

So I was looking at the FA pool.

1) Ideally I want Rendon but he's not happening so I would target Donaldson. They need a 3rd baseman who can hit and actually play the position well defensively.

2) Sign Wade Miley.

3) Sign Dellin Betances, Arodys Vizcaino (yes I know he's coming off surgery but he has a great arm), Joe Smith, etc.

4) Round out the bench with a Brock Holt.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-09-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Rendon & BP arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itís not that early. I donít think the Mets need to sign anyone for offense. The lineup weíve seen the last two days is more or less the lineup we should be having next season.

The pitching needs to improve. Move Lugo to the rotation to replace Wheeler and fix the damn bullpen for once. Or maybe keep Lugo in the pen and go big with a Gerrit Cole signing for the rotation. Sign Dellin Betances.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Itís not that early. I donít think the Mets need to sign anyone for offense. The lineup weíve seen the last two days is more or less the lineup we should be having next season.

The pitching needs to improve. Move Lugo to the rotation to replace Wheeler and fix the damn bullpen for once. Or maybe keep Lugo in the pen and go big with a Gerrit Cole signing for the rotation. Sign Dellin Betances.
    Betances hasnt pitched in a year, unless you get him for 1 year no thanks

You really think Lugo is durable enough to make 30 starts, the guy throws 2 innings and is shut down for 3 days

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Betances hasnt pitched in a year, unless you get him for 1 year no thanks
    Iíd rather give him more years than higher AAV.

High risk, high reward.

You really think Lugo is durable enough to make 30 starts, the guy throws 2 innings and is shut down for 3 days
    Absolutely. He has trouble going back to back, but as starter heíll have ample rest in-between.

Iíd rather give him more years than higher AAV.

High risk, high reward.
    He hasnt pitched in a year

He hasnt pitched in a year
    Which probably makes him affordable. If he's showing great velocity when he comes back and supposedly he'll be back for the Yankees before the postseason, I would be all over signing Betances. Dellin has a dominant background too.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-09-2019 at 07:38 PM.

I would make Cano as the 3rd baseman.
    McNeil, Alonso & Amed to fill out the other positions.

I'll have Ces, Nimmo & Conforto as my outfield, with JDD as my 4th outfielder.

We aren't getting anyone as an everyday player.

Wade Miley is an interesting BP arm.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post

Might as well just keep Cano at 2nd and play McNeil at 3rd. He looks good there. My preference is that JD Davis learns how to be adequate at 3B because McNeil is a far better defensive OF than he is.

Might as well just keep Cano at 2nd and play McNeil at 3rd. He looks good there. My preference is that JD Davis learns how to be adequate at 3B because McNeil is a far better defensive OF than he is.
    Thats assuning Cespedes actually plays, I think Davis gets dealt along with Dom for pitching and they sign Donaldson

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Which probably makes him affordable. If he's showing great velocity when he comes back and supposedly he'll be back for the Yankees before the postseason, I would be all over signing Betances. Dellin has a dominant background too.
    Diaz has shown great velocity, it means nothing.
    Wouldnt touch Betances

Canos not going to 3rd, its a pipedream like Rosario is going to cf

I agree with Clay on moving Cano to 3rd. His range plays much better on the hot corner. Iím certain heís got the hands and the arm to succeed there...but does he have the selflessness to make that move? One can hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast