Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Well, the Chiefs were one penalty away from going to the Super Bowl last season.

But Goodell had to make sure the NFL's marquee franchise advanced.

So we will see if Mahomes is good enough to beat the Patriots, the refs, and Goodell this season.
    Pats are bad for viewership. people are sick of them. Too bad....
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Same chances as the dolphins going 0 and 16.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Laugh Out Loud.

AFC West & NFC South - tough battles. Other Divisions? No Problem. Goff will pee his pants twice doing away with them.

Not much of a long term viewer. 2013 was worse than '18. Pats have the best running game they have had since 2004 to offset any of that. Also the best D since 2004, Brady asked to do less and less - think Elway at the end. I hope he wins it this year and retires.
    I've heard all the narratives, I just don't subscribe to them. Thankfully they're likely to still play their remaining 15 games, so I suppose we'll find out.

16-0 takes a lot of luck.

I remember last time the patriots should've lost to the ravens but when the ravens stopped them on 4th and 1 to seal the game one of the coaches for the ravens called a timeout giving the Pats an extra chance and they got it and went on to win the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

16-0 has only been done once. I've seen a lot better teams than this Patriots team fail to do it. So far, they have played two really bad teams.

Is their schedule really that bad? It would probably take a putrid schedule to have a chance. Granted, given how awful the AFC East has been, the Patriots have had soft schedules the past 4-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Laugh Out Loud.
    Not much of a long term viewer. 2013 was worse than '18. Pats have the best running game they have had since 2004 to offset any of that. Also the best D since 2004, Brady asked to do less and less - think Elway at the end. I hope he wins it this year and retires.
    The Patriots have had some good defenses since 2004. What makes you think this one is so special?

I don't follow the Pats closely so who did they add from last year's #7 ranked defense that makes you think it is vastly improved from last year?

Quote Originally Posted by StephenR897 View Post
    The Patriots have had some good defenses since 2004. What makes you think this one is so special?

I don't follow the Pats closely so who did they add from last year's #7 ranked defense that makes you think it is vastly improved from last year?
    The Jamie Collins signing and Ja’Whaun Bentley back from injury are probably the biggest “adds”. Michael Bennett as well, but the Trey Flowers loss cancels that one out. It’s more about who they kept. The continuity and familiarity with the system from this defense is huge.

Secondary is super deep with tons of versatility. Five good LB’ers. Tons of versatile guys on the D-Line too. A bunch of backups for the Patriots would start on several teams. They’re just a super versatile group with great chemistry.

The Patriots always seem to have a “deep” roster. But this year even the depth guys are very talented. It’s just a great roster.
    Last edited by ZH721; 09-17-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Yeah, after that Jamie Collins pick-six last weekend I remembered how great he was his first time with the Patriots. Legit (not potential) All-Pro.

I'm still not sure about 16-0. But you can probably fast-forward the AFC to the Patriots-Chiefs championship game.

you can probably fast-forward the AFC to the Patriots-Chiefs championship game.
    For sure. Neither team is one unfortunately placed hit away from being purely pedestrian, so really no need to play those 30 other games. When was the last time a HOF quarterback missed any serious time due to injury anyway?

I say let's get it on right ****ing now! **** yeah! FOOTBALL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    When was the last time a HOF quarterback missed any serious time due to injury anyway?
    Carson Wentz in 2017 and 2018.

But we're talking about the system QB in New England who last missed time due to injury in 2008.

But we're talking about the system QB in New England who last missed time due to injury in 2008.
    I have as many playoff wins as Wentz does, I guess I belong in the hall of fame as well.

They have Cleveland, @ Philly, Dallas @Baltimore @ Houston and KC during their toughest stretch . Those should all be good games

Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    I have as many playoff wins as Wentz does, I guess I belong in the hall of fame as well.
    I guess the irony wasn't obvious enough.

I still maintain that the the dolphins have a better chance at 0 and 16.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast