Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,806

    Will the NFL make a rule change?

    The Titans/Jets/Pats... frankly i feel like its karma but i feel like the NFL will do something about this

    this is what the pats did to the jets....

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipsxeWIZnYY


    this is what the titans did to the pats...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTsvc9pkZ04

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,036
    Itís funny because I probably have seen it before but didnít get what the Titans were doing until Romo and Nantz started to explain the scenario. I donít think the NFL will change it. Anything to beat New England Iím down for


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees, Eagles, Sixers, NYRangers



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,620
    I doubt they will. If they didn't do anything about the intentional penalties to end a game, they won't do anything here.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,240

    Will the NFL make a rule change?

    They should change the rule but Iím not exactly upset to see a team bend the rules to help them take down the patriots, thatís called karma

    Your baby can't do this

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,620
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    They should change the rule but Iím not exactly upset to see a team bend the rules to help them take down the patriots, thatís called karma
    I see it the same way I see the way they handled the Patriots with the unusual alignment with 6 pass catchers and 4 OL, waiting to declare who was and wasn't eligible until they broke the huddle and lined up. The competition committee reminded the refs that there needs to be a sooner declaration of what their intent was, the formation didn't break the rules, but the process needed to be better.

    I see the same thing here. Clean up the rule and application a little more. It's outside the 2:00 mark so we don't have the the auto :10 run off. The best they could do is say so an abbreviated play clock on 4th downs after a penalty.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    16,897
    They could simply change it that false start counts as delay-of-game for the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that prohibits taking two successive delay-of-game penalties on the same down.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    3,321
    Theyíll just have a 2nd consecutive before the snap dead ball foul (false start, delay of game, etc) stop the clock. Itís an easy fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by richiesaurus310 View Post
    I was fine with George Kittle starting. I'm not sure why so many people wanna use big assets on a tight end.
    03/12/2018

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,193
    Idk if they will or not but it was funny and I thought it was good gamesmanship.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,899
    I think they should. Makes the game worse and less exciting down the stretch.

    And I donít mean that come off a sour grapes as TEN did anything wrong or there wasnít funny irony in it but I just think changing it would make the game better. Itís always more exciting to get more possessions down the stretch in games.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,301
    They're reportedly making a rule change next season to retroactively legitimize the safety they took away from the Bills on the "the runner wanted to give himself up but actually didn't" thing.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate



    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    They're reportedly making a rule change next season to retroactively legitimize the safety they took away from the Bills on the "the runner wanted to give himself up but actually didn't" thing.
    It woulda been a TD but I agree.

    That one makes sense, a QB has to actually kneel to run clock and kill the down at the end of a game. He can't just snap it and throw it to the ref to let him interpret what he meant, its a live ball.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,301
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    It woulda been a TD but I agree.

    That one makes sense, a QB has to actually kneel to run clock and kill the down at the end of a game. He can't just snap it and throw it to the ref to let him interpret what he meant, its a live ball.
    Can't be a TD. The receiver of the kickoff tried to pitch the ball forward out of the end zone, which is an illegal forward pass -- penalty -- dead ball. Penalty occurred in the end zone = safety.

    The only argument for a TD was that it was called a TD on the field and the play was unreviewable, therefore it must stay a TD.


    Worth noting that the plainclothes ref ran out to overturn the call of a TD on the field, which means NY called in the fix on the game. Seemed they didn't want the first playoff game over right out of the half.
    Last edited by Bullseyed; 01-07-2020 at 11:38 AM.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate



    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Can't be a TD. The receiver of the punt tried to pitch the ball forward out of the end zone, which is an illegal forward pass -- penalty -- dead ball. Penalty occurred in the end zone = safety.

    The only argument for a TD was that it was called a TD on the field and the play was unreviewable, therefore it must stay a TD.

    Worth noting that the plainclothes ref ran out to overturn the call of a TD on the field, which means NY called in the fix on the game. Seemed they didn't want the first playoff game over right out of the half.
    Oh, fair point. Ref even said illegal forward pass to Texans head coach.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    16,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Can't be a TD. The receiver of the punt tried to pitch the ball forward out of the end zone, which is an illegal forward pass -- penalty -- dead ball. Penalty occurred in the end zone = safety.

    The only argument for a TD was that it was called a TD on the field and the play was unreviewable, therefore it must stay a TD.


    Worth noting that the plainclothes ref ran out to overturn the call of a TD on the field, which means NY called in the fix on the game. Seemed they didn't want the first playoff game over right out of the half.
    It was a kickoff.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,301
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    It was a kickoff.
    Same difference, but correct.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate



    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •