Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Will the Patriots go 16-0 again?

I realize that speculation on if any team can actually go undefeated sounds crazy and this is extremely premature, but the addition of Antonio Brown gives them the best offense they've had since 2007, a year they actually went 16-0. Health is obviously going to be a big factor in this, but I'm not going to speculate on if anyone will get hurt. Injuries can and certainly will change things to an extent, but I pose this question because this is the most talented the Patriots have been since they last went undefeated in the regular season.

If talent isn't enough to get them a 16-0 record, their schedule just might be. The Patriots won't play a team that made the playoffs last year until Week 9 when they play in Baltimore, and the Steelers were their only 1st half opponent who finished over .500 last year. Seriously their schedule over weeks 2-8 is;

@ Dolphins (7-9 last year, 0-1 this year)
    vs Jets (4-12 last year, 0-1 this year)
    @ Bills (6-10 last year, 1-0 this year)
    @ Redskins (7-9 last year, 0-1 this year)
    vs Giants (5-11 last year, 0-1 this year)
    @ Jets (4-12 last year, 0-1 this year)
    vs Browns (7-8-1 last year, 0-1 this year)

I can't see New England dropping any of those games, meaning they could easily be 8-0 by mid season. After that the schedule gets more difficult, but there are only three games people should watch out for (bolded). This is the remaining Patriots' schedule

@ Ravens (10-6 last year, 1-0 this year)
    Bye Week
    @ Eagles (9-7 last year, 1-0 this year)
    vs Cowboys (10-6 last year, 1-0 this year)
    @ Texans (11-5 last year, 0-0 this year)
    vs Chiefs (12-4 last year, 1-0 this year)
    @ Bengals (6-10 last year, 0-1 this year)
    vs Bills (6-10 last year, 0-1 this year)
    vs Dolphins (7-9 last year, 0-1 this year)

The Ravens in Baltimore, the Texans in Houston, and the home game against the Chiefs will be tough to win, but aside from that the Patriots look primed to stomp through a light schedule. I only don't mention the Eagles as a potential game to watch because the Patriots are coming a bye week where they are 14-5 coming off the bye under Belichick. So will the Patriots pull it off and go 16-0? I believe this is easily their best chance since 2007.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 09-09-2019 at 05:02 AM.

Might take Brown sometime to learn the playbook, or he could implode/explode - so that casts a shadow.

I think 14-2, 13-3 is most likely. 1 brain cramp vs the Division, one road loss.

What matters is: health, getting a bye, plowing through to the AFCC game where they should meet KC. KC's offense is insane, but the D, not so good and Pats D is better than last year. 38-28 Pats, on to the SB. Saints? Loaded team, toss up. Pats 42 Saints 37, Brady retires with 7 rings.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Might take Brown sometime to learn the playbook, or he could implode/explode - so that casts a shadow.

I think 14-2, 13-3 is most likely. 1 brain cramp vs the Division, one road loss.

What matters is: health, getting a bye, plowing through to the AFCC game where they should meet KC. KC's offense is insane, but the D, not so good and Pats D is better than last year. 38-28 Pats, on to the SB. Saints? Loaded team, toss up. Pats 42 Saints 37, Brady retires with 7 rings.
    Cowboys could be a tough game with their new OC unleashing the talent on the offense although it is a home game for NE. Assuming Brady stays healthy I see at least 14 and 2. They may rest guys in week 17 as Bill keeps his eye on the prize more than caring about season record

^ reasonable
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

No.

They’ll have as good a shot as anyone has recently. They could have a few unlucky plays go against them at any point, and all it takes is one play to shift a close game. 14-2 seems like a reasonable bet.

I truly and genuinely believe this is the most talented team they’ve had on paper and that’s including one that actually went 16-0. But to do that requires the talent to come together. It requires health. It requires some good luck in individual games. They should win every game on paper but realism says they won’t.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Yes.

Everyone who disagrees is salty. 🧂

They don't play Brady's Achilles Heel this year, so it's more likely

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    They don't play Brady's Achilles Heel this year, so it's more likely
    But they play Eli and the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    But they play Eli and the Giants.
    Yeah but Brady has a winning record against them... Just not in the Super Bowl lol

Absolutely not.

I'm no Pats hater - have been in awe of what B&B have accomplished over the past two decades, both are hands down the best to ever do it. But not only will they lose several games, I wouldn't even pick them to win their division if they were in *any* of the other 7 in football.

Brady for the first time ever looked extremely pedestrian as a passer last year, and is just another year older. I understand the "people say that every year" narrative, but by default it will eventually be true some year. I suspect this year is that year. I do not see the Brown acquisition as a positive, I won't go so far as to say that he'll poison the well there but I do believe he's not capable of changing who he is, and my best guess is that Belichick will suspend or outright cut him at the first whiff of problem causing. Similarly for Gordon, rooting for the guy but I just don't see him making it through a full season - he's proven over and over that he simply is who he is.

I can very easily see Brady missing some weeks after finally succumbing to injury from a routine tackle, the way all QBs do at some point and the way he's long, long overdue to endure.

Again, they're fortunate to reside in the hands down worst division in the league and they should still win it, even with all of those things taken into consideration. Belichick is such an absolute genius he may be able to even win a playoff game if Brady is still upright in January. But another Super Bowl appearance? Just can't see it, not if Mahomes is healthy come playoff time. I would comfortably take all three of the Chiefs, Texans, and Chargers ahead of New England given the choice. And probably whoever emerges from the North as well. That's without mentioning 6 or 7 additional teams in the other conference.

Nobody has made a career betting against New England but I have no problem going on the record with it this particular season. 16 and no.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Yes.

Everyone who disagrees is salty. 🧂
    The funny part about this is your little joke is actually even more salt. Absolutely incredible stuff here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Absolutely not.

I'm no Pats hater - have been in awe of what B&B have accomplished over the past two decades, both are hands down the best to ever do it. But not only will they lose several games, I wouldn't even pick them to win their division if they were in *any* of the other 7 in football.

Brady for the first time ever looked extremely pedestrian as a passer last year, and is just another year older. I understand the "people say that every year" narrative, but by default it will eventually be true some year. I suspect this year is that year. I do not see the Brown acquisition as a positive, I won't go so far as to say that he'll poison the well there but I do believe he's not capable of changing who he is, and my best guess is that Belichick will suspend or outright cut him at the first whiff of problem causing. Similarly for Gordon, rooting for the guy but I just don't see him making it through a full season - he's proven over and over that he simply is who he is.

I can very easily see Brady missing some weeks after finally succumbing to injury from a routine tackle, the way all QBs do at some point and the way he's long, long overdue to endure.

Again, they're fortunate to reside in the hands down worst division in the league and they should still win it, even with all of those things taken into consideration. Belichick is such an absolute genius he may be able to even win a playoff game if Brady is still upright in January. But another Super Bowl appearance? Just can't see it, not if Mahomes is healthy come playoff time. I would comfortably take all three of the Chiefs, Texans, and Chargers ahead of New England given the choice. And probably whoever emerges from the North as well. That's without mentioning 6 or 7 additional teams in the other conference.

Nobody has made a career betting against New England but I have no problem going on the record with it this particular season. 16 and no.
    I’ve seen your posts around here and usually agree with them for the most part. This one has to be a joke, right?

“But not only will they lose several games, I wouldn't even pick them to win their division if they were in *any* of the other 7 in football.”

Maybe I’m not as familiar with his posts as I thought I was. This is yikes. Or I’m missing a joke.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast