Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    The td / int ratio, yards, are all completely irrelevant to whether a QB is an accurate downfield passer. Completion percentage doesn't depict that either. So please stop bringing those things up. Stop bringing up that he runs well- everyone knows he can scramble well and generally has great pocket awareness. Stop moving the goal posts. The concerns are about him being an inaccurate passer down the field.

I haven't seen anyone disregard his lack of experience as a qb or that Thursday was just one game. So stop bringing that up.
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 09-10-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

That was probably the worst game of his career, easily the worst when you consider expectations. Thing is he has had the problem of not progressing in his reads, starting down single receivers, panicking with any pressure, and making poor throws on anything other than dinks for his career. Starting year 3 and with this team we are expecting that necessary jump where he starts to read his options quickly and makes the correct decisions. Yes this is game 1 and yes, Nagyís play calling would make John Fox puke, but it hard to say this is just one game when his problems are still the same. It was just a terrible game where his flaws were really exposed. We are waiting for those flaws to improve, to become strengths. The longer it goes the harder it is to see it changing to where we need it.

OL and Nagy would have made it tough on most QBs. The main gripe I had with Mitch is when things were unraveling he did not take command. He panicked. Canít do that.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    OL and Nagy would have made it tough on most QBs. The main gripe I had with Mitch is when things were unraveling he did not take command. He panicked. Canít do that.
    My concern is he isn't even panicking, and making a bad decision. Forcing the ball.

It feels like he's panicking and just flicking it somewhere, unaware he's even forcing it. Which would be much worse lol. We've seen enough of him to know he doesn't have Jay/Rex syndrome and loves to force it into spots he really shouldn't.

Click here to register!

He really doesnít force much. It happens but itís not a problem of his. I think he gets frustrated and panics. Nagy def didnít help him out there. But Mitch didnít look like a vet either. When things get tough he needs to stay calm, be in command, and at least appear confident. Itíll be interesting to see what happens Sunday. I think he could bounce back big, or he could be overwhelmed by Vicís game plan. If they go 0-2, thatís a wrap.

He really doesnít force much. It happens but itís not a problem of his. I think he gets frustrated and panics. Nagy def didnít help him out there. But Mitch didnít look like a vet either. When things get tough he needs to stay calm, be in command, and at least appear confident. Itíll be interesting to see what happens Sunday. I think he could bounce back big, or he could be overwhelmed by Vicís game plan. If they go 0-2, thatís a wrap.
    Yeah, I don't really see forcing throws as an issue. His accuracy outside of 10 yards, locking on to a single target, and not really scanning the field at all (several examples of guys wide open when he's just staring down ARob or whoever) are the major red flags to me. That feels like a middling floor game manager, which is really depressing for the #2 pick, especially when you consider the two guys drafted after him.

I won't criticize him for the panic under pressure, hurried throws or anything because the OL was straight up awful on Thursday. Leno got beat twice by a Safety, Daniels actually fell on his face a couple times (the reason that 3rd & short with Patterson was blown up), Long didn't even know his assignment on more than one occasion, and Cody had some missteps as well. They looked like a group that hadn't played all preseason and barely practiced together.

With all that said, I did like some of his throws to ARob. He actually seems very comfortable making the back shoulder and double move throws, and some of these guys just flat out dropped the ball (cough cough Shaheen) in crucial spots.

There's still something to work with there, but also plenty of reason to be concerned.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 09-10-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Forgot who mentioned it, but I agree. His deep balls had some nice touch.

Click here to register!

That podcast was terrible
    Last edited by Muttman73; 09-10-2019 at 08:27 PM.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

https://twitter.com/adamhoge/status/...056345601?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Funny Question...... Vic fangio is a great coordinator. No doubt. He was great at identifying offensive tendencies and calling plays to counter them. But he is no longer making play calls right. So the hope is this guy he has calling plays can identidy and call the right play. I think the truth is Vic is better in the box. In the ear of the LB telling him what he sees from the formation and personal.

I think most assumed Vic is an evil genius. But can he really be the same guy if he isnt the one calling the D. And can he call the D the same from the sideline????

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

https://twitter.com/jonahtulsnfl/sta...152832000?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I saw a great break down of tape from the Bears/Packers game on Facebook from YouTube.

Mitch did have his issues, but the tape showed how there were missed assignments by OL. Leno, Massie, Long and Daniels were turnstiles. Both tackles were beat by safeties. They were literally pushed back by a player weighing 130lbs less than them. Daniels, Leno, Sowell and Shaheen played soft. It was terrible. Just terrible blocking.

There were actual plays that Mitch avoided the mass of defensive players and still got the ball to a WR, only for WR to drop the ball. There were several dropped passes, which was evident during the game and some of those were highlighted in the breakdown. There were several drive killers.

The tape showed how Nagy tried to get cute on crucial 3rd downs. He didn't put the team in good positions.

It covered Mitch's issues too. He stared down Robinson on the last throw. He rushed a few throws - in which I believe that the poor OL play was affecting him, but that's my opinion. He still needs to step up despite that. He did have some awesome throws and did make some smart decisions.

Overall, as stated several times on this board, the entire offense played like crap. This lose wasn't all on Mitch. If the OL starts to block, Mitch will be fine.

To play devils advocate, was Nagy calling cute 3rd down plays because the OL couldnít block worth a ****?

To play devils advocate, was Nagy calling cute 3rd down plays because the OL couldnít block worth a ****?
    valid question i'd say. mitch has a tendency to get antsy and run himself into a sack. could've been from the OL being bad on the night too, but he needs to use his blocker effectively to set up for a throw/checkdown.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

Mix between that and Mitch not playing well. OL played much better in the second half from what I remember.

I'm sure metrics could prove or disprove that.

Click here to register!

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast