Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Alex smith on 1 leg is better than Chase Daniels with 2.

Well I couldn't argue with that!

Alex would be a decent QB Coach, IMO.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Can anyone answer me this on Mitch Trubisky. Why is Mitch looked at as this inferior non starting tallent. But Alex smith from 2013 to 2016 (prior to his 2017 breakout year) seen as a good average game manager. I would like to point out his stats through that time vs Mitch last year

Alex smith from 2013-2016

64.5% completion %
    3.9% TD rate
    1.5% INT Rate
    222 YPG passing
    7.5% sack %
    21 YPG rushing

Mitch in 2018

66.6% completiom %
    5.5% TD rate
    2.8 INT rate
    230 YPG
    5.2% Sack %
    30 YPG rushing.

I mean side by side they are similar. And I dont recall the Cheifs fans calling for Smiths head. In fact most in here would agree that if Mitch is Alex Smith for us we would have loads if success.

Is it the INT % cause I got some news for u most young players throw alot of picks. And despite it being Mitches 2nd year it was really his first in this offense after a botched season by Fox.

I mean if its INTs its fine to argue that but I can go through plenty of players who have had much higher INT %s and not been questioned the way Mitch is. I mean Jay Cutler was higher every season except for 2... And Our Famous Jay Cutler Fanboy had no issues with that. Kirk Cousins INT % was in the 4s or higher till year 4.

I just think there is something fundamentally wrong with bear fans where they could literally trade for Aaron Rodgers and some how they would still find a way to complain. And I get it. It's panic mode after a game 1 that was a disaster all the way around. But it was also the OLs worst peformance I gave seen for Mitch. It was also a game where we occured 100+ yards of penelties. It was a game where Nagy out coached himself. It was a game any time there was some momentum on a drive. We would shoot ourselves in the foot with holds....... Or delay of games. Or droped balls. Whatever could go wrong did.

Lets see whar his stats look like 3 weeks down the road. Lets see how the team looks as a whole 3 weeks down the road before we start wanting to Bench Mitch for our backup..... Or some other teams backup.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post

We were talking about potential vets that could step in should Mitch continue to struggle like this for a while.

Dalton likely wouldn't be available but he has led effective downfield offenses since he was in college, and he essentially won 1, maybe 2 playoff games. (Can't remember if the burfict hit loss was the same game where the bengals rb fumbled the ball in the guaranteed win?)

I would like Smith as a coach type to Mitch , he's assuming that because he may never be able to really be a starter again after that injury. Not sure I'd like Dalton as a coach type.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Can anyone answer me this on Mitch Trubisky. Why is Mitch looked at as this inferior non starting tallent. But Alex smith from 2013 to 2016 (prior to his 2017 breakout year) seen as a good average game manager. I would like to point out his stats through that time vs Mitch last year

Alex smith from 2013-2016

64.5% completion %
    3.9% TD rate
    1.5% INT Rate
    222 YPG passing
    7.5% sack %
    21 YPG rushing

Mitch in 2018

66.6% completiom %
    5.5% TD rate
    2.8 INT rate
    230 YPG
    5.2% Sack %
    30 YPG rushing.

I mean side by side they are similar. And I dont recall the Cheifs fans calling for Smiths head. In fact most in here would agree that if Mitch is Alex Smith for us we would have loads if success.

Is it the INT % cause I got some news for u most young players throw alot of picks. And despite it being Mitches 2nd year it was really his first in this offense after a botched season by Fox.

I mean if its INTs its fine to argue that but I can go through plenty of players who have had much higher INT %s and not been questioned the way Mitch is. I mean Jay Cutler was higher every season except for 2... And Our Famous Jay Cutler Fanboy had no issues with that. Kirk Cousins INT % was in the 4s or higher till year 4.

I just think there is something fundamentally wrong with bear fans where they could literally trade for Aaron Rodgers and some how they would still find a way to complain. And I get it. It's panic mode after a game 1 that was a disaster all the way around. But it was also the OLs worst peformance I gave seen for Mitch. It was also a game where we occured 100+ yards of penelties. It was a game where Nagy out coached himself. It was a game any time there was some momentum on a drive. We would shoot ourselves in the foot with holds....... Or delay of games. Or droped balls. Whatever could go wrong did.

Lets see whar his stats look like 3 weeks down the road. Lets see how the team looks as a whole 3 weeks down the road before we start wanting to Bench Mitch for our backup..... Or some other teams backup.
    Stats from now really aren't translating to any other era- imo. I always thought of as smith as very bad except for the last year in Kansas city. If it was 3rd and 7, you could bet your life he won't throw it beyond the markers. He just never could make plays that mattered , aside from that one season where he beasted.

We all know Mitch's stats overall were solid. My concern is that he can't comprehend an offense, which isn't common. This is the year where Nagy needs to be able to dump the playbook on Mitch and expect results.

The proof is in the pudding that running excluded, mitch isn't a good passer of the football. He's inaccurate 10 or more yards downfield.

So, me saying that most backups and starters would do better in THAT ONE game isn't my opinion. Teams simply do not score 3 pts or less, bad playcalling or not. Its incredibly rare no matter who's throwing the football. It was that terrible of a game for Mitch, despite what Nagy did or didnt do.

Last edited by blams; 09-10-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Click here to register!

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/...539314176?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il

Thats why i want him so bad. I think he and his experiences running the offense would be great to have in Mitches ear. Instead we have Chase and his whole 68 atempts of experience he had in KC..... Btw I just looked this up....

Do u think Chase Daniels has over 3000 passing yards in the NFL in his whole carear??????

The answer..... Is no. And not only is it NO..... He has actually not passed for 1000 nfl yards. Coming into last season. 480 total yards. Yep..... He had more passing yards last season then he has in his whole 8 year Carear. And this is the guy in Mitches ear telling him how he would so things..... Lol

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Mitch will be ok, he may never be a star, but he's better than Orton or Rex or pretty much anyone else they have suited up in the last 25 years, except maybe #6 on a good Sunday.
    Having said that, nothing is promised, he needs to produce starting this week. I still feel pretty good about him overall, but just maybe one of those two #2 picks next year could be a QB and I would definitely look hard for a good, veteran QB to bring in next offseason.
    If he can throw for 3000/30 a year I'll be more than happy.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Mitch will be ok, he may never be a star, but he's better than Orton or Rex or pretty much anyone else they have suited up in the last 25 years, except maybe #6 on a good Sunday.
    Having said that, nothing is promised, he needs to produce starting this week. I still feel pretty good about him overall, but just maybe one of those two #2 picks next year could be a QB and I would definitely look hard for a good, veteran QB to bring in next offseason.
    3000 a year in the league would be crippling. I think he can get about 4k a year but he needs to be middle of the pack in accuracy 10 yards or more downfield and uncatchable passes imo

His numbers overall will end up solid- they'll progress to the mean. They're bound to after that game.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Stats from now really aren't translating to any other era- imo.
    So 2013-2016 is considered a separate era?

I mean, really? So was 2017 the beginning of the "new" era? Or did the new "era" start in 2019?

Asking for a friend...

Ok, my math was off 4K seems about right for 16 games.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

The difficulty of it is how good our defense is and how great the team overall could be with a good QB. They traded up and invested heavily in Trubisky (which to this day I do not understand considering his limited college experience at a middling football university). Then you watch all these other games and see QBís making these beautiful on target throws, moving the ball consistently, while we have to talk about putting our QB in manageable situations and how we have to run the ball more to support him. In the meantime he locks in on one guy, panics with the slightest pressure, and still makes terrible throws and decisions in year 3. It is what it is but when you think of who we could have had, what we did invest in this guy, and how good the defense is itís frustrating.

People can say stop harping on it and I get it, but if you are realistic its pretty apparent Trubisky is not going to be a very good QB and to win a championship with him is a long shot at best. I will of course continue to support the team and hope for the best but man, its tough when you see how many of these other QB make good decisions and throw the ball while we are throwing a 2 yard screen pass on third and 15 and still canít complete it.

Game 2: Bears @ Broncos

Ok, my math was off 4K seems about right for 16 games.
    He was on pace for over 3500 and 500 rushing before he got hurt last year . He was different when he came back from that shoulder injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So 2013-2016 is considered a separate era?

I mean, really? So was 2017 the beginning of the "new" era? Or did the new "era" start in 2019?

Asking for a friend...
    No it's not, that's why I went on to say I think smith is awful (aside from that one season).

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    The difficulty of it is how good our defense is and how great the team overall could be with a good QB. They traded up and invested heavily in Trubisky (which to this day I do not understand considering his limited college experience at a middling football university). Then you watch all these other games and see QBís making these beautiful on target throws, moving the ball consistently, while we have to talk about putting our QB in manageable situations and how we have to run the ball more to support him. In the meantime he locks in on one guy, panics with the slightest pressure, and still makes terrible throws and decisions in year 3. It is what it is but when you think of who we could have had, what we did invest in this guy, and how good the defense is itís frustrating.

People can say stop harping on it and I get it, but if you are realistic its pretty apparent Trubisky is not going to be a very good QB and to win a championship with him is a long shot at best. I will of course continue to support the team and hope for the best but man, its tough when you see how many of these other QB make good decisions and throw the ball while we are throwing a 2 yard screen pass on third and 15 and still canít complete it.
    Parkey does his job and this point is already proven wrong. I get the skepticism, I get the why did we trade up part - who knows why - it is definitely NOT absolutely apparent that Trubisky is not going to be a very good QB and that is EXACTLY where you and others like you lose credibility. The time will come when that determination can me made, but it has not come yet.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Is Mitch better than Rex though? I feel like they are on the same level right now with a different skill set. Rex can't run but had a cannon. Trubisky can run but can't throw passed 10 yards.

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast