Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Parkey does his job and this point is already proven wrong. I get the skepticism, I get the why did we trade up part - who knows why - it is definitely NOT absolutely apparent that Trubisky is not going to be a very good QB and that is EXACTLY where you and others like you lose credibility. The time will come when that determination can me made, but it has not come yet.
    How does Parkey making that kick prove me wrong, Trubisky led exactly 1 touchdown drive that entire game and could/should have been picked off a couple of times in that game if not for Eagles defenders flat dropping balls. Yes, he completed a few passes at the end of that game and if Parkey makes the kick we win, but lets not act like Trubisky had a great game. If he does his job better it doesn’t some down to we only score 15 points and need a kick by Parkey.

And more time? I was listening to the Hamp/OB/Koz podcast yesterday and they were pretty much saying the same thing. You either have the “It” factor or you don’t and those 3 were pretty clear in thier opinions that he doesn’t have it and is not very good. Its an honest assessment by a hall of famer and 2 former Bears, I guess their part of the lose credibility clan as well.

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    Is Mitch better than Rex though? I feel like they are on the same level right now with a different skill set. Rex can't run but had a cannon. Trubisky can run but can't throw passed 10 yards.
    Rex was more careless but a bit more dangerous throwing downfield. He was also a statue in the pocket after injuries

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

The Bears were arguably a team of destiny last year, Parkey makes that kick and the odds that they win it all are much better that the odds that your ridiculous statement comes true.
    Two weeks ago Trubisky was being touted as a potential MVP. I didn't buy it, but it was out there. One bad game into the season and the Meatheads are lining up and salivating … those guys on the radio are saying whatever that have to say to get and keep your attention.
    If #10 has a good game this week, they will be saying the opposite. I didn't hear that podcast, but I'd be more than a little surprised if they actually said that Trubisky isn't any good...those were their words or the words you think you heard?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

The Bears were arguably a team of destiny last year, Parkey makes that kick and the odds that they win it all are much better that the odds that your ridiculous statement comes true.
    Two weeks ago Trubisky was being touted as a potential MVP. I didn't buy it, but it was out there. One bad game into the season and the Meatheads are lining up and salivating … those guys on the radio are saying whatever that have to say to get and keep your attention.
    If #10 has a good game this week, they will be saying the opposite. I didn't hear that podcast, but I'd be more than a little surprised if they actually said that Trubisky isn't any good...those were their words or the words you think you heard?
    Those were the words they said and I am being kind, listen to the whole thing.

https://wgnradio.com/2019/09/07/the-...game-reaction/

At this point, what's the sense of trying to change opinions?

If they want to hate Mitch, they'll hate Mitch.

I'm done worrying what people say about him.

Again, saying Mitch has issues passing the football accurately isn't an overreaction. He has been valuable not because of his passing but his ability to extend plays and scramble, even make some throws on the run.

His numbers as far as completing passes 10 yards or more downfield and having the 2nd most uncatchable passes in the league are indesputable.

The expectation is that he makes another leap this season, the 2nd season in Nagy's offense. At home against a bad defense (from last year) made it seem the GB game was a perfect starter to the season.

It is only reasonable to be critical, one does not have to avoid being critical just because it is "one game", and being critical doesnt mean that it isnt being recognized as just one game.

I don't hate Mitch, I hope he breaks out this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    At this point, what's the sense of trying to change opinions?

If they want to hate Mitch, they'll hate Mitch.

I'm done worrying what people say about him.
    I know, it's pointless, I'm not sure why I care … but there is a just something inside of me that has a hard time letting the stupidity go.
    Some of these guys make him sound like the second coming of Cade McNown. I get it, everybody wants Mahomes or Watson.

I'm not blind - I've seen every Bears game that he has played in and the results vary …

15 -12 31 TDs 20 INTs
    (1) terrible team -2017
    (1) new offense -2018
    (1) freaking game -2019
    Last edited by Muttman73; 09-10-2019 at 02:39 PM.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

The Trubisky talk is exhausting. It's not going away anytime soon unless he's awesome for the rest of the season though.

I have serious doubts about him, and the window of this roster now, but I don't see the point in rehashing the same talking points over and over. I don't think we'll see a change this year, barring injury or an historic level of ineptitude, so hopefully the defense is enough to keep them competitive.

It's pretty discouraging that this is even a discussion before our 2nd game though. Really didn't expect that coming into a season with Super Bowl aspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    The Trubisky talk is exhausting. It's not going away anytime soon unless he's awesome for the rest of the season though.

I have serious doubts about him, and the window of this roster now, but I don't see the point in rehashing the same talking points over and over. I don't think we'll see a change this year, barring injury or an historic level of ineptitude, so hopefully the defense is enough to keep them competitive.

It's pretty discouraging that this is even a discussion before our 2nd game though. Really didn't expect that coming into a season with Super Bowl aspirations.
    Doesn’t need to be awesome just not consistently awful-bad

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Doesn’t need to be awesome just not consistently awful-bad
    I mean, yeah, I would settle for just good. I would prefer awesome, maybe to relieve some of the buyers remorse a lot of us have now.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 09-10-2019 at 03:24 PM.

I remember when Vince Evans and Bob Avellini were our QBs, Mc Mahon, Kramer and Walsh, Sexy Rexy and finally JC. Maybe it's a generational thing, I'm not oblivious to his flaws but in comparison to what I've seen in the past 40 seasons I remain optimistic about Mitch.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Honestly scared of Vic’s game plan
    Of course, if Amos knew what Nagy was going to call at a crucial time, what do you think Fangio can do?

Nope, I am off the Mitch train, was never on it. It was a bad draft pick made worse by trading up for the guy with a limited number of starts for North Carolina. Mitch will at best be Tony Romo, at best and that is good enough for the playoffs and not much more.

Apparently Denver hasn’t lost at home in September since 2012. That’s insane.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

The play of your QB is always going to be a main topic of discussion, good or bad. When expectations are high for the team and you have the second pick in the draft in his third year leading the way he is going to be scrutinized. It is what it is, the only way the talk goes away is if he performs at the level necessary for this team to reach those high expectations. Patience is running short for sure.

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast