Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Alright, I'm going to have to defend Mitch here. He makes clutch throws in crunch time. It's been proven over and over again.
    47 percent completion percentage. The overall stats tell the story - not anecdotal single throw memories

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    It's a mix of things. I agree Nagy needs to open things up a bit more, but Mitch has to prove he can hit the throws at this level. Too often he's overthrowing wide open WR's or throwing behind them in tight windows. I hope it is just from a lack of actual snaps, but it's been a problem his whole career. WR's are not going to be wide open very often. He has to be quick enough to thread the needle in a small window. He doesn't have NFL speed yet.
    Like I said heís clearly limited. Maybe at some point in his career that works itself out, but he is what he is now. We have to do what works best for him. I donít know what that looks like specifically because Iím not a coach, but Nagy should know. Hopefully he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nagy needs to give Mitch just enough rope to hang himself, or come out a better qb

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

No one wants to give up on a season 2 games in, especially a season with high hopes to start. Everyone acknowledges Trubisky is the QB this season, whatever opinions people have of him it is up to him playing better for the Bears to at least be a playoff team. Do I have high hopes for him? Nope, I donít. But I acknowledge he is it and for this season to be successful he has to play much better. I will root for him to at least get to last years Trubisky. Is that possible over time? I hope that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Itís not a worthless point. It set up the game winning FG. Thatís not worthless.

it's baked into his overall stat line, which was still really bad.

he had a lot of other opportunities to score more than 13 points earlier in the game, and he failed to do so. that's deeply concerning, and one play at the end of the game doesn't erase it

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Like I said heís clearly limited. Maybe at some point in his career that works itself out, but he is what he is now. We have to do what works best for him. I donít know what that looks like specifically because Iím not a coach, but Nagy should know. Hopefully he does.

I do think they need to roll him out more on designed plays, not running plays but maybe roll out options. When he is stationary in the pocket he locks on single receivers or makes lousy throws most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    47 percent completion percentage. The overall stats tell the story - not anecdotal single throw memories

They're not anecdotal, you have a short memory. He did it against Baltimore his rookie year, the playoffs last year, and today. He also shut the door against Minnesota twice last year.

Besides, one throw is all it takes in those situations.

Can somebody actually explain to me how Mitch was supposed to perform better given our game plan today? The script was obvious. Run as much as we can and have the defense keep it close. Trubisky had one terrible throw to Gabriel, but the rest was an uninspired game plan.

Last week was ugly. This week was just Nagy reining it in.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Game 2: Bears @ Broncos

Mitch has had of bunch of clutch drives just to be messed up by the kicker missing the GW, he got at least 4 of em . Mitch be pulling plays out his *** when the game on the line

In Mitchell Trubiskyís career potentially game-winning drives, his kicker converted 1-4 kicks.

2017 @ Balt - 40 yd FG made.
    2017 vs Detroit - 46 yd FG missed.
    2018 @ Miami - 53 yd FG missed.
    2018 vs Philly - 43 yd FG missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Stunner; 09-15-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorezorro View Post
    it's baked into his overall stat line, which was still really bad.

he had a lot of other opportunities to score more than 13 points earlier in the game, and he failed to do so. that's deeply concerning, and one play at the end of the game doesn't erase it
    He wasnít exactly given an opportunity to do much with the game plan today.

https://twitter.com/eddypineiro/stat...000384512?s=21

https://twitter.com/nextgenstats/sta...704640000?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://twitter.com/nextgenstats/sta...704640000?s=21

Great ****ing blocks from Robinson and Whitehair. And Long put in a good effort there too. Burton got beat, not sure what Chris Harris Jr. was thinking, and Leno got rocked by a linebacker haha.

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast