Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Yeah seriously, when is Miller's number gonna get called? Not like anybody else is getting open.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I will say, I'm much more down on Nagy than I'd like to be right now. Last week he had too much faith in Mitch, this week was better but it almost felt like an extreme in the other direction. Last year just seemed like he was gonna be much more innovative and creative but idk. I'm sure Mitch is limiting him a lot, but it feels like he has no real plan right now. Glad we won but not sure how things can sustain the way things are going.
    yeah i've been telling myself that nagy is in a bind because mitch's play limits the offense, but if trubisky looked this bad in training camp / preseason practice then you've had plenty of time to tinker with things to try to emphasize his strengths and minimize his shortcomings. you can't walk into the season with your Dream Offense and just go "hmm, i sure hope the QB doesn't suck..." if there's a chance he might suck

first game playcalling certainly didn't suggest nagy thought the offense had to be particularly worried about bad QB play, and this game doesn't indicate he's got a go-to strategy for dumbing down the offense to put mitch in a better position to succeed. definitely willing to give him more time based on what the offense showed last season, but it would be pretty depressing if nagy just ended up reverting to turtle-ball and relying solely on the defense to win games

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    It is annoying to see the posts from people that are rooting for him to fail though. They won't admit to it, but it's easy to see through, and all it does is drag down discussion here.

I think those that are applauding him just wanted to point out something positive he did instead of making every single post about him this doom and gloom ****.
    There's definitely people on this forum who never liked this pick and never look at any positives and have always bashed him every chance they get.

It's sad really. All it does is bring down the discussions and there's no positive outcome from it. It's a constant circle of regurgitated arguments and defense of Mitch and it causes people to be turned off.

And as Debo stated a few pages ago, there's also constant baiting being doneAnd I laughed when I saw the denial of it.

It is what it is.

As for the game, I didn't get to watch it.

It sounded like the same old, same old.

Mitch overthrows/underthrows...Mitch puts it right on the money, the WR drops it. Terrible OL blocking...sound like a safety blew up the tackles again...that should NEVER happen.

At least Mitch can be clutch when it matters, unlike another Bears QB of the past. He got Eddie in the position to win the game for us.

It was an ugly win, but a win is a win.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    So. There are a few things I will bring up.

1) I cant honestly tell. but it seemed like Nagy Coddled Mitch this game. Made sure everything was easy, kept the ball out of his hands. almost to a point of failure. Its almost like he was scared to let Mitch go against Vic. look we all know we cant relly on Mitch to throw 45 times and win games with his arm in a shootout..... at least not yet. But It seemed like everything was back to basics almost to the point of 2017 offense. And Maybe I am wrong and Nagy was not Babying him. maybe it was mitch's confidence and he wasnt taking shots. Maybe the shots were called and Mitch was just playing check down football. Maybe he was told to.... maybe he just was. But whatever the case we cant have a QB who is unwilling to make a throw. its hard to remember him taking a single downfield throw. the longest I recall is the Gabriel miss which was a very odd play anyway. Actually correction the Cohen play early was probably the Longest other than the Clutch Robinson throw... But either way these two shots were not enough, it just seemed like we ran a checkdown offense. And Maybe this had to do with the pass rush from Chubb and Von Miller and Nagy didnt want him standing in there with the way our OL played last week. However I think u have to trust a QB like mitch who is mobile to make a play or two and not simplify the offense to 5 yard dink and dunks alone.

2) This game did nothing to build confidence in either the offense or Mitch, which is what I expected the team to try and do. But again going back to #1 IDK if this is on mitch.... play calling.... game plan. And I tend to lean that its Nagy. I mean even if Mitch has lacking confidence u have to tell him u have to take a shot. it cant all be checkdowns. Although Maybe Like the Bears did against Goff last year..... Vic game planed to make us a checkdown team. But it just didnt feel like the D had any worries of Mitch making a throw with his arm. I mean without the 2 runs by Gabriel and Patterson I dont know if we score a TD.

3) Defense played Good...... But u can tell the Elevation and heat was getting to them similarly to the Miami game last year. And I could also tell that Vic and the Broncos game planed to make quick easy passes and hope something breaks. very similar to the packers in week 1 of last year.

4) Until Further notice I will assume that Eddie Pinero is a good kicker. Until he gives me any reason to worry...... He has earned at least a miss or two down the road with a clutch winning kick.

5) Despite Mitch's Poor play. and I will openly admit it and the offense was pathetic throughout the game. He came up big in the Clutch. Whatever it is. he has IT which may be luck... but u cant teach clutch play.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I will say, I'm much more down on Nagy than I'd like to be right now. Last week he had too much faith in Mitch, this week was better but it almost felt like an extreme in the other direction. Last year just seemed like he was gonna be much more innovative and creative but idk. I'm sure Mitch is limiting him a lot, but it feels like he has no real plan right now. Glad we won but not sure how things can sustain the way things are going.
    There were some rumblings around the league about how defenses have figured out Nagy's offense and you have to wonder if that isn't true. Going back to last year since Mitch came back from injury, you have 7 games (LA, GB, SF, MIN, PHI, GB, DEN) and we've scored more than 16 points twice. That's abysmal for a professional offense, particularly one with a vaunted "offensive guru".

Nagy needs to figure out his scheme fast or it's not getting any better. And you can't just dump it all on Mitch.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Feel the same way. Look IDK if its more on mitch for not having the confidence to make throws.... but this checkdown 1st mentality that it seemed we had all game. if this was scripted or mitch was told to do this. u wont be winning many games like it. I mean I know we all *****ed about 52 dropbacks last game. but this the dropbacks didnt even feel good. most were quick screens. dump offs. it just didnt feel good. I personally wonder if some of this didnt have to do with gameplan though. With how our OL struggled last game. if nagy didnt want to drop mitch back with what may be the best pass rushing edge duo in the league. I mean opposite of us it was clear Vic wanted to try and 2nd half packers us and see if one broke. I mean I think we only had 2 sacks because the ball was just gone so fast most of the time. I wonder if we tried the same thing.

-Rem Koolhaas

It is pretty concerning that that it took us 6 atempts from inside the 5 yard line to get a TD though, I wonder if the Holding would have been a TD as it was likely mitches first read..... but still. even after the penelty and getting the ball on the 1.... we had trouble pounding it in.

-Rem Koolhaas

I juat cant fathom why we were targeting backup TE's on passing plays instead of our tope recievers like Robinson and Miller. Its extremely annoying.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

So weird to judge the offense after these two weeks... Just a big is all I got.

I do think Mitch should have been 20 (or more) of 27 attempts. Hit a few guys in the hands which were dropped and threw some other catchable passes that didn't connect as well.

Still need better production from the offense and Nagy's scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    So weird to judge the offense after these two weeks... Just a big is all I got.

I do think Mitch should have been 20 (or more) of 27 attempts. Hit a few guys in the hands which were dropped and threw some other catchable passes that didn't connect as well.

Still need better production from the offense and Nagy's scheme.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    I juat cant fathom why we were targeting backup TE's on passing plays instead of our tope recievers like Robinson and Miller. Its extremely annoying.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    20 of 27 I would take. The production wasn't there but it's hard to say if that is Mitch just taking the short gain or if Nagy is giving him no other options due to lack of trust.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

His final completion put him over 100 yards passing for the game. His QBR was under 30. Nagy’s play calling and creativity has been lousy the first two games for sure but why do you think he is neutering Trubisky? Are people seeing how the guy throws the ball? His accuracy and decision making is terrible. One week its said we need balance and you have to run the ball much more. The next week its Nagy is holding him back. The way he throws the ball, his overthrows constantly, him throw the ball wide and out of bounds, his focusing on one receiver, I am at a loss as to what needs to be done at this point just to put him at last seasons level. He looks scared, confused, looks like the moment is too big for him. Why are some people sugar coating it? I get wanting to be positive and not all doom and gloom but you have to watch what’s going on and be realistic. Give him big props because he completed the one big pass the entire game or because he called a fast timeout? We need way more from the number 2 pick in the draft and I am at a loss as to how we are going to get it.

I am happy they won and cling to the hope that we improve game by game because lets face it, it can’t get much worse. This season is different then last because of high expectations. The biggest thing that had to happen for those expectations to be met was Trubisky taking a big leap forward and turning into a big time asset on the field, not a hinderance. Will he improve? I would think so from this level. Could he improve to the point he is a big asset, a QB that we win because of instead of in spite of? That I am having a real hard time seeing. As for Nagy, the honeymoon is long over. He has to get his bald head out of his arse and devise some ways to score friggin points.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    His final completion put him over 100 yards passing for the game. His QBR was under 30. Nagy’s play calling and creativity has been lousy the first two games for sure but why do you think he is neutering Trubisky? Are people seeing how the guy throws the ball? His accuracy and decision making is terrible. One week its said we need balance and you have to run the ball much more. The next week its Nagy is holding him back. The way he throws the ball, his overthrows constantly, him throw the ball wide and out of bounds, his focusing on one receiver, I am at a loss as to what needs to be done at this point just to put him at last seasons level. He looks scared, confused, looks like the moment is too big for him. Why are some people sugar coating it? I get wanting to be positive and not all doom and gloom but you have to watch what’s going on and be realistic. Give him big props because he completed the one big pass the entire game or because he called a fast timeout? We need way more from the number 2 pick in the draft and I am at a loss as to how we are going to get it.

I am happy they won and cling to the hope that we improve game by game because lets face it, it can’t get much worse. This season is different then last because of high expectations. The biggest thing that had to happen for those expectations to be met was Trubisky taking a big leap forward and turning into a big time asset on the field, not a hinderance. Will he improve? I would think so from this level. Could he improve to the point he is a big asset, a QB that we win because of instead of in spite of? That I am having a real hard time seeing. As for Nagy, the honeymoon is long over. He has to get his bald head out of his arse and devise some ways to score friggin points.
    Nagy won coach of the year last year. If this is who Mitch is, that means Mitch's productivity is solely due to Nagy creating a competent game plan for him.

He expected Mitch to be better game 1 at home, he wasn't. Game 2 he neutered him and threw him under the bus a few times leading up to it.

He may have already given up on Mitch, honestly

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    There were some rumblings around the league about how defenses have figured out Nagy's offense and you have to wonder if that isn't true. Going back to last year since Mitch came back from injury, you have 7 games (LA, GB, SF, MIN, PHI, GB, DEN) and we've scored more than 16 points twice. That's abysmal for a professional offense, particularly one with a vaunted "offensive guru".

Nagy needs to figure out his scheme fast or it's not getting any better. And you can't just dump it all on Mitch.
    Unfortunately, this is correct. It'd take a looooong time to get over it if this core went to waste.

Also worried that we've overrated the talent around Mitch. Idk, no one can doubt how talented we are defensively, but not much in the way of elite talent on the offense, and in fact, a lot of positions are questionmarks. Anthony Miller hasn't been used very much, so hard to say he hasn't shown anything, but he really hasn't regardless of the reason. Idk, just not too much to be optimistic about right now

Hopefully things get better though.

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast