Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Scratch that, Leno got rocked by the safety.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/sta...789091328?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/statu...220301312?s=21

https://twitter.com/jjstankevitz/sta...174927362?s=21

Was Mitch amazing? No.

Did he make a ****ing huge play that it seems like a select few of you almost hoped he didn't? Yes.

It's ****ing sad how much I read into some of you trying to take the wind out of a win. I expect no less however again I thought he played a way better game and think it only gets better. Will he be a Manning, nope not a chance. Is he capable of winning a game, well he made a play today that with the help of a great kick sure as **** did. Bear the **** DOWN!

I was mad after the two pt conversion. In the middle of my rant in what I thought was post-game, my friend gets espn alert saying the Bears won. He show me the text. I was so confused because I thought that was no chance the Bears would win this game at that point.

So the Bears made me look like an a-hole in front of my friends, so I want thank the Bears for making me look like an a-hole in front of my friends. But Bears, I don't need help on being an a-hole, I can do that on my own.

Not a roughing the passer but sure glad that call went for the Bears. But it's still a concern that in two of the games this weekend, the Cubs out-score the Bears. Fix that, Nagy.

#startDaniel
    #closerTrubisky

/joking.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    Was Mitch amazing? No.

Did he make a ****ing huge play that it seems like a select few of you almost hoped he didn't? Yes.

It's ****ing sad how much I read into some of you trying to take the wind out of a win. I expect no less however again I thought he played a way better game and think it only gets better. Will he be a Manning, nope not a chance. Is he capable of winning a game, well he made a play today that with the help of a great kick sure as **** did. Bear the **** DOWN!
    was mitch amazing? no.

was mitch good? no.

was mitch average? no.

did mitch look bad enough to trigger genuine questions over whether he is capable of being a long-term starting NFL quarterback? yes.

i'm glad the bears won a football game and that mitch pulled off the herculean feat of gaining 30 yards through the air in one drive. but if you're telling yourself "hey at least he came through at the end!" and using one play to try to buy in on his Potential, then you're being delusional.

he could get better. i hope he gets better! just be honest about how much one throw means in a two-game span where mitch has played incredibly poorly

(i get that it's annoying to **** on the qb play after an exciting win. i'm happy the bears won! the defense is great! but the qb play is still very bad and that's hard to ignore!)
    Last edited by nomorezorro; 09-16-2019 at 12:25 AM.

"he's capable of winning a game against a bad team with the aid of the best defense in the NFL" is perhaps the lowest bar imaginable

Quote Originally Posted by nomorezorro View Post
    "he's capable of winning a game against a bad team with the aid of the best defense in the NFL" is perhaps the lowest bar imaginable
    He doesnít play against Denverís offense. They have an extremely talented defense and playing in Denver has been hard on even the best of teams. Donít hold their offense against Mitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nomorezorro View Post
    was mitch amazing? no.

was mitch good? no.

was mitch average? no.

did mitch look bad enough to trigger genuine questions over whether he is capable of being a long-term starting NFL quarterback? yes.

i'm glad the bears won a football game and that mitch pulled off the herculean feat of gaining 30 yards through the air in one drive. but if you're telling yourself "hey at least he came through at the end!" and using one play to try to buy in on his Potential, then you're being delusional.

he could get better. i hope he gets better! just be honest about how much one throw means in a two-game span where mitch has played incredibly poorly

(i get that it's annoying to **** on the qb play after an exciting win. i'm happy the bears won! the defense is great! but the qb play is still very bad and that's hard to ignore!)
    I think everyone is aware of how poorly he's played through 2 games. He's been really bad. The play calling today neutered him to the point of wondering if he and Nagy together are a lost cause, at times. Though I do think a lot of it was by design because of the incredible home field advantage Denver has to go along with a very good Defense (and Vic). I won't make too much out of one throw because had he played better the rest of the game, it wouldn't have been necessary.

It is annoying to see the posts from people that are rooting for him to fail though. They won't admit to it, but it's easy to see through, and all it does is drag down discussion here.

I think those that are applauding him just wanted to point out something positive he did instead of making every single post about him this doom and gloom ****.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 09-16-2019 at 12:41 AM.

yeah i get that people just want something positive to hold onto, and a professional sports team message board in the immediate aftermath of a game is probably not the place to go to say "hey let's have some cold, rational analysis of the future prospects of a struggling player who is incredibly important to this team's success"

i just find it hard to find solace in plays like the one that got us into fg range, or points like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    He doesnít play against Denverís offense. They have an extremely talented defense and playing in Denver has been hard on even the best of teams. Donít hold their offense against Mitch.
    the only time we've scored a touchdown in the past 8 quarters was a drive where we ran 10 times for 79 yards and threw 1 time for 1 yard (incomplete pass, defensive holding)

he's averaging 4.8 yards per attempt. we've played against solid defenses, sure. but there's no handwaving away that level of offensive incompetence.

i hope he and the coaches and the other offensive players can figure out a way to make him not stink, but no level of contextualizing these past two games is enough to inspire confidence in mitch's future. the good news is there's still time for him to improve and for nagy to try to put him in a better position to succeed!

Watson was horrible today but the media won't bat an eye.

Anyways, very frustrating offense to watch. Just no chemistry on any level.

Just happy to get out with a W.

I wonít beat a dead horse with Mitch. He is who I thought he was. Average QB with the potential to be above or below depending upon the scheme and system heís in. I believe he needs a coach or offense to Taylor to his strengths similar to L. Jackson in Baltimore. I actually believe Mitch is a better QB than L. Jackson.

Which brings me to my point. My issue is with Nagy. As someone pointed out earlier. Heís a great head coach but Iím not sold on him as a play caller. A year and some change and Matt is pretty much good at creating gadget plays or trick plays. But as far as innovation within normal schemes or offensive sets. I donít see. This shows up especially with the run game. I know we all wanted a balanced running attack but not 30 runs up the guy with no fullback blocking and a subpar run blocking offensive line. I mean you have to run zones and stretch runs with the backs you have. Thatís the first issue with his play calling. Then the pass plays are even worse. There are no innovation with the route combinations and use of the field. This is why our WRs never appear to get separation on their routes. Thatís extremely bad for an offense with a QB who lacks in accuracy and doesnít have the ability to throw guys open. We have too many weapons that weíll never use this year at this rate. I know the other WRs Gabriel, Miller and Juice are growing frustrated with how theyíre being wasted. I saw the body language of the WRs both games and itís not good.

We do not strike any fear in the opposing defenses. I mean there were times our D was on their heels vs the broncos. I never got that feeling with the bears offense. I know we played some good defenses these first two games so weíll see

I will say, I'm much more down on Nagy than I'd like to be right now. Last week he had too much faith in Mitch, this week was better but it almost felt like an extreme in the other direction. Last year just seemed like he was gonna be much more innovative and creative but idk. I'm sure Mitch is limiting him a lot, but it feels like he has no real plan right now. Glad we won but not sure how things can sustain the way things are going.

https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/...024539648?s=21

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast