Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 89 of 220 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3293

NFC East Regular Season Thread

Itís obviously not the worst play in the world or really even close, but it was unnecessary and should have been flagged. If a ref flagged that for unsportsmanlike conduct, most people would not argue the call in my opinion

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    He could be overthinking things. Thereís been reports that teams have figured out the cowboys offense, maybe they are switching things up to prevent DCs from catching onto their game plan and itís inadvertently holding them back
    It's a pretty simple answer, actually. No one had tape on Moore's offense. They didn't know his tendencies, his aggressiveness... Anything. Got a couple weeks of tape, and now you can fully study it. It's on Moore to start adding wrinkles to his offense but so far, it hasn't been successful.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    It's a pretty simple answer, actually. No one had tape on Moore's offense. They didn't know his tendencies, his aggressiveness... Anything. Got a couple weeks of tape, and now you can fully study it. It's on Moore to start adding wrinkles to his offense but so far, it hasn't been successful.
    I'm shocked to hear NFL coaches might be catching up on that vaunted Boise State offense.

That being said, I fully expect them to drop at least 30 on us next week. Only way I see us winning is in a shootout.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 10-14-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    One thing that is really bizarre is the change in play calling we have seen from the first three weeks. It's almost like JG decided he didn't like having such a high flying offense and decided we ought to run the ball on almost every first and second down. Elliott had 28 carries yesterday and I think we only passed on first down one time in the second half yesterday.

Romo said it, this offense has JG's fingerprints all over it. You have to wonder what things would look like if he just let Moore do his thing.
    Can't really blame leaning on the run in this game too much because it worked decently enough in bringing the Cowboys back. That 2-point conversion call was extremely suspect though and it didn't involve Zeke.

If I was the Cowboys or Eagles players, I wouldn't be talking at all haha. Neither team has played well and saying something like that only can provide some fuel to the other team.
    It's as if we learned nothing from the Zach Brown thing.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I'm shocked to hear NFL coaches might be catching up on that vaunted Boise State offense.

That being said, I fully expect them to drop at least 30 on us next week. Only way I see us winning is in a shootout.
    It;s pretty obvious that Garrett is taking a big hand in play calling at this point. There is no reason that Moore would be like "Wow, that stuff worked well in the first 3 games. I should reverse everything I am doing, like pre-snap motion and play-action passes, and instead run the 2018 version of the Cowboys offense that ran the ball on first down every time." It's not as if the defenses have dictated them to run the ball on first down all the time. That's a play calling and game plan decision. The most plausible explanation is Garrett becoming more involved, IMO. And that's exactly what Romo said during the game actually, that the offense has JG's finger prints all over it.

It's also not really the Boise State offense. It's JGs/Linehan's offense with a bit more pre-snap motion. They've said that since the beginning. That can work, but you can't just run predictable plays every time.

Can't really blame leaning on the run in this game too much because it worked decently enough in bringing the Cowboys back. That 2-point conversion call was extremely suspect though and it didn't involve Zeke.
    It almost brought them back, sure, but it was not smart play calling. It was inefficient to run on first down every time, and run that much period, when they need to come back from 15 points down. The defense was allowing long drives and the Cowboys deciding to take long drives as well was not great when behind by that much. Too much time is wasted.

I have no problems with the Cowboys being a run first team, it's what they are built for, but I do have a problem with them running it that much when behind by multiple scores in the second half and with the frequency at which they decide to run on first down. Play-action passing is super effective, especially for the Cowboys, so it's odd they haven't used it more in the last few weeks.

It almost brought them back, sure, but it was not smart play calling. It was inefficient to run on first down every time, and run that much period, when they need to come back from 15 points down. The defense was allowing long drives and the Cowboys deciding to take long drives as well was not great when behind by that much. Too much time is wasted.

I have no problems with the Cowboys being a run first team, it's what they are built for, but I do have a problem with them running it that much when behind by multiple scores in the second half and with the frequency at which they decide to run on first down. Play-action passing is super effective, especially for the Cowboys, so it's odd they haven't used it more in the last few weeks.
    With Dak getting clobbered I don't think going pass-first would have worked out too well for them.

With Dak getting clobbered I don't think going pass-first would have worked out too well for them.
    That's true, he was getting hit a lot. But there are other ways to deal with that, especially when you have a mobile QB. They could have done more screen passes against the blitz (I think they only ran 1 screen pass all game), they can move the pocket, they can got for more quick passes, etc. Zeke still only averaged 3.7 YPC. He wasn't that effective even in the second half (first half he was 10/35 and in the second half he was 18/70).

In any case, even if they wanted to run more, they need to do it in a less predictable way. They can't run it on first down every single time because JG thinks they need to impose their will on the other team. They need to have a stronger scheme than that.

They haven't been running the Moore aggressive concept the past 3 weeks. Sources around Dallas said Garrett reigned him in after week 3 and told him to go to a more ground and pound offense. No play actions on first down anymore and just pound the overrated overused Zeke into oblivion

Find you someone who loves you as much as Cowboys fans hate Garrett lol

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    They haven't been running the Moore aggressive concept the past 3 weeks. Sources around Dallas said Garrett reigned him in after week 3 and told him to go to a more ground and pound offense. No play actions on first down anymore and just pound the overrated overused Zeke into oblivion

Itís ineptitude at its finest . These players are just not being put in positions that maximize their abilities . Itís the same **** every year Iím not sure how you donít make a change right now .

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Itís ineptitude at its finest . These players are just not being put in positions that maximize their abilities . Itís the same **** every year Iím not sure how you donít make a change right now .
    Donít worry, the eagles will get Jason Garrett fired next week

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    at what?
    In my opinion theyíre both playing like #2 this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I was curious when I saw this during the game but now seeing the replay, I'm amazed this wasn't called a personal foul by the Jets lineman. The refs are clearly looking right at the situation as he punches Crawford in the back of the head.

He must have not see the TMZ video of Crawford.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Something like that happened in the eagles game too.. Wentz got sacked and then the guy was shoving wentz into the ground after he was already on top of wentz and the play was over. A flag was not thrown. Wentz actually got in the guys face and was yelling at him, Iíve never seen wentz do that before
    Did you see Phillip Rivers going after that DB?