Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 172 of 215 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3225

NFC East Regular Season Thread

Here is another quote from another article locally from the Inquirer (same author):

There are a handful of receivers in the NFL who might be expected to track a 30-yard rainbow over the shoulder in a tricky wind with the end line fast approaching. There are plenty who might be expected to put themselves in better position than Agholor did on a futile, flailing, back-bending attempt that ended with him on his knees and the ball bouncing to the turf.

But thatís not Agholorís fault. Heís a slender slot receiver who does his best work in open space. Heís Nelson Agholor, and what you saw at the end of the Eaglesí 17-10 loss to the Patriots was nothing less than what you should have expected.

And here is one from Yahoo! Sports:

Nelson Agholor had a chance to tie the game late in regulation, but couldnít come up with a tough fourth-down catch in the end zone in the gameís final moments. The pass arrived via a desperate heave from quarterback Carson Wentz on fourth-and-10 from the Patriotsí 26-yard line.

The ball dropped into the end zone in range for Agholor to make a play. But it arrived at an awkward angle as New England cornerback Dont'a Hightower made a play on it.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....004310362.html

And CBSSports:

Philadelphia still had an opportunity to win the game, driving to New England's 26-yard line before a fourth-and-10 heave by Wentz went in and out of the hands of Nelson Agholor in the end zone. The catch was a tough one to make, but Agholor had a step on the defender, and the score would have pulled the Eagles within one with 1:05 left and the extra point pending.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...atch/live/amp/

We will see when the official stuff comes out. I watch high schoolers every Friday night make that catch.

I still say itís a drop, but letís say it isnít ruled a drop, itís still a ball that should be caught 9/10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I still say itís a drop, but letís say it isnít ruled a drop, itís still a ball that should be caught 9/10 times.
    Nah, by elite receivers it might be caught more than half of the time but by the average receiver itís definitely less than 50/50.

For it to be a drop it has to be an easy and ordinary catch. That was neither.

I agree he could have made the catch, but that doesnít mean we should expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    So what your definition of a drop is ball hitting a guy in the chest with nobody around him? End of the day that's a catch Ags or any NFL caliber receiver should make most of the time. Ags should be out of the NFL and badly as he's played this season.
    It's not my definition buddy... It's the NFL's definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Nah, by elite receivers it might be caught more than half of the time but by the average receiver itís definitely less than 50/50.

I agree he could have made the catch, but that doesnít mean we should expect it.
    Exactly!

We shall see.

Here is what the Philadelphia Inquirer says in an article:

So while some receivers could catch it but most will not. That does not meet the definition of a drop. Also because a ball is catchable doesnít mean itís a drop when itís not caught. Itís only a drop when you can assume it would be caught because itís open and it is a usual play for the receiver.
    Who gets info from the Inquirer anymore? That's as bad as most Philly sports talk radio.

Here is what the Philadelphia Inquirer says in an article:

So while some receivers could catch it but most will not. That does not meet the definition of a drop. Also because a ball is catchable doesnít mean itís a drop when itís not caught. Itís only a drop when you can assume it would be caught because itís open and it is a usual play for the receiver.
    Here is another quote from another article locally from the Inquirer (same author):
    And here is one from Yahoo! Sports:
    And CBSSports:
    Damn Mamba... You didn't have to do them like that lmao

I donít have the energy to go over the drop thing again.. letís just Say Wentz is the greatest and every pass not caught is the fault of the WR . Every game not won is the fault of someone else .

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Damn Mamba... You didn't have to do them like that lmao
    Yet none of those listed anything official. All opinion articles.

According to PFR Agholor had 3 drops before Sunday. He now has 4. There wasnít another play in the game that was dropped.

But as much as I want to be mad at Nelson, Carson missed a few throws those last two drives.