Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 171 of 224 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3352
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Not a drop? Wut?
    I would be shocked if that was marked as a drop in the box score

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    He had two hands on the ball. If he didnít run too far inside then he wouldnít have to make it harder on himself to reach back and try to catch it. Thatís one of his main issues, tracking deep balls. I thought it was questionable at first too, especially in real time, but after watching it a couple times it looks like a drop to me
    I mean I'm not saying Agholor is good lol.

But this is what the NFL stats department says is the standard for charting a drop. "incomplete passes where the receiver SHOULD have caught the pass with ORDINARY effort."

I just thought of the difference in perceived drops from Eagles fans vs. credited drops because earlier in the game BDawk was calling a pass dropped that absolutely won't be credited even though it hit the receivers hands.

I think the real issue is that the Eagles need a receiver that can make catches by giving an extraordinary effort. All they have right now is players who can make the normal catches. They NEED a guy like Cortland Sutton... You can't have him, but you need one like him lol

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I would be shocked if that was marked as a drop in the box score
    Um, it was lol.

But this is what the NFL stats department says is the standard for charting a drop. "incomplete passes where the receiver SHOULD have caught the pass with ORDINARY effort."

I just thought of the difference in perceived drops from Eagles fans vs. credited drops because earlier in the game BDawk was calling a pass dropped that absolutely won't be credited even though it hit the receivers hands.

I think the real issue is that the Eagles need a receiver that can make catches by giving an extraordinary effort. All they have right now is players who can make the normal catches. They NEED a guy like Cortland Sutton... You can't have him, but you need one like him lol
    Iíd give my left nut for a receiver who could make normal catches.

That ball was ordinary over the shoulder. I mean, itís routine. Ags made it look hard.

That ball was ordinary over the shoulder. I mean, itís routine. Ags made it look hard.
    This is my thinking too. Agholor made it more difficult on himself by running too far inside, though the wind coulda played a factor as well

Your baby can't do this

Um, it was lol.
    Got proof of that?

It was also 30 yards down field with 2 Pat's near him wasn't it?

So what your definition of a drop is ball hitting a guy in the chest with nobody around him? End of the day that's a catch Ags or any NFL caliber receiver should make most of the time. Ags should be out of the NFL and badly as he's played this season.

Behind him, yes.

Got proof of that?
    Every article written so far?

Without question.
    No way you can count that as a drop. Itís a drop when itís an easy catch but dropped. That would have been an amazing catch by Agholor even if he had taken a better path to the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    No way you can count that as a drop. Itís a drop when itís an easy catch but dropped. That would have been an amazing catch by Agholor even if he had taken a better path to the ball
    Crazy. Itís a routine over the shoulder catch that he makes a terrible route on. I canít believe people are debating it really. Itís a drop. Crazy talk.

Every article written so far?
    Here is what the Philadelphia Inquirer says in an article:

There might not be a lot of receivers in the NFL who make a play on the ball that Carson Wentz lofted to Nelson Agholor in the end zone on fourth down late in the fourth quarter, but there are some, and there are plenty who give themselves more of a shot than Agholor did.

Source: http://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagle...-20191118.html
    So while some receivers could catch it but most will not. That does not meet the definition of a drop. Also because a ball is catchable doesnít mean itís a drop when itís not caught. Itís only a drop when you can assume it would be caught because itís open and it is a usual play for the receiver.

Crazy. Itís a routine over the shoulder catch that he makes a terrible route on. I canít believe people are debating it really. Itís a drop. Crazy talk.
    See the post I just put above.