Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 91 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Its not like the Eagles are known for their defensive backfield either . Could be a issue for them as well.
    No they just aren't very good at corner. As an example, Douglas and Jones both executed their coverage as intended, but Scary Terry literally just ran by them in both instances. If the pass rush gets home it's not a problem, but the pass rush was non-existent for the entire game. As much zone as the Eagles play, they should not be in a press alignment because they can't run with faster WR's.

The Giants on the other hand literally blew coverage after coverage all game. They're just flat out bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    No they just aren't very good at corner. As an example, Douglas and Jones both executed their coverage as intended, but Scary Terry literally just ran by them in both instances. If the pass rush gets home it's not a problem, but the pass rush was non-existent for the entire game. As much zone as the Eagles play, they should not be in a press alignment because they can't run with faster WR's.

The Giants on the other hand literally blew coverage after coverage all game. They're just flat out bad.
    Was a good example of what a young bright OC can do by exposing the defensive scheme. Giants played 2 high safety scheme with everyone else down near the box thinking they would be trying to stop the run. What does Kellen Moore do? He exposes the middle of the field consistently and with deception in the passing game with the Cowboys being 2 to 1 pass at one point early in second half which resulted in 5 straight possessions with TDs. Linehan would have stubbornly tried to "impose his will" on the other team and ran Zeke right into the backs of the O line. I have a feeling we will see a much more adaptable and dynamic Dallas offense under young Kellen. Welcome to the 21st century Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Was a good example of what a young bright OC can do by exposing the defensive scheme. Giants played 2 high safety scheme with everyone else down near the box thinking they would be trying to stop the run. What does Kellen Moore do? He exposes the middle of the field consistently and with deception in the passing game with the Cowboys being 2 to 1 pass at one point early in second half which resulted in 5 straight possessions with TDs. Linehan would have stubbornly tried to "impose his will" on the other team and ran Zeke right into the backs of the O line. I have a feeling we will see a much more adaptable and dynamic Dallas offense under young Kellen. Welcome to the 21st century Cowboys
    So youre saying the D sold out to stop the run? Weird, its almost like people have been saying this exact thing for years. Just the sheer presence of Zeke changes things.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    So youre saying the D sold out to stop the run? Weird, its almost like people have been saying this exact thing for years. Just the sheer presence of Zeke changes things.
    Evidently you are correct. With Kellen Moore at the helm I think an intrinsic part of signing Zeke is just playing with the other teams head. I will stand corrected. I am glad he is here especially within the context of a better balanced more deceptive and modern NFL attack. Please accept my Zeke apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I mean 7 of that was on the final series against prevent defense. The Redskins had like 40 yards of total offense from the middle of the 2nd qtr up til that drive. The Eagles corners are still a problem overall particularly when the front 4 doesn't get pressure on the QB. I'd say the lack of anyone really playing on the Eagles side in the preseason or even practicing for that matter played a part in them getting jumped to start the game. Game more or less played out the way i expected it to.
    You planned on giving up 20 in the first half to a scrub QB with WRs literally no one can name? Like I said we will probably end up a bottom 3 offense in football. I know football is 4 quarters and you can nit-pick parts of the game where yall dominated (that usually happens when 1 team dominates or gets dominated a half and ends up losing/winning), and you can do that bc philly won. But you cant spot just any team 17 points and expect to win games, you can only do that with teams that suck.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Evidently you are correct. With Kellen Moore at the helm I think an intrinsic part of signing Zeke is just playing with the other teams head. I will stand corrected. I am glad he is here especially within the context of a better balanced more deceptive and modern NFL attack. Please accept my Zeke apologies.
    I doubt hes gonna be paid to be a decoy. Moore looks like a breath of fresh air for the offense, but one should temper anointing him savior until they play a team that resembles an NFL defense. I remember the joy of Chip exploiting a few bad defenses early, and well... Not saying Moore will fail but I could probably grab 11 guys from psd and score on NY.

I doubt hes gonna be paid to be a decoy. Moore looks like a breath of fresh air for the offense, but one should temper anointing him savior until they play a team that resembles an NFL defense. I remember the joy of Chip exploiting a few bad defenses early, and well... Not saying Moore will fail but I could probably grab 11 guys from psd and score on NY.
    Unless one of the guys from psd was Scott Linehan. Then you would just run Zeke into a crowded box.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    You planned on giving up 20 in the first half to a scrub QB with WRs literally no one can name? Like I said we will probably end up a bottom 3 offense in football. I know football is 4 quarters and you can nit-pick parts of the game where yall dominated (that usually happens when 1 team dominates or gets dominated a half and ends up losing/winning), and you can do that bc philly won. But you cant spot just any team 17 points and expect to win games, you can only do that with teams that suck.
    I wont say I thought wed go down 17 early, but with our starters not playing much, some didnt play any, I didnt think wed be firing on all cylinders out of the gate.

But you cant spot just any team 17 points and expect to win games, you can only do that with teams that suck.
    It would be more surprising if it were new. There's way too many instances of this Jim Schwartz defense opening the flood gates in one half and then shutting the opposing offense out in the other. In the Super Bowl season we gave up 27 and 24 points to the 3-13 Giants. We've also played the Falcons in 2016, the 2017 postseason, and 2018, giving up 15, 10, and 12 points respectively, a top 10 offense in points in all those years. I honestly don't know what to make of it. The best explanation I have is that the defense relies on pressure too much, allowing for very variable results on a game per game basis.

Apropos pressure, it sucks to have lost Malik Jackson possibly for the season.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 09-10-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    It would be more surprising if it were new. There's way too many instances of this Jim Schwartz defense opening the flood gates in one half and then shutting the opposing offense out in the other. In the Super Bowl season we gave up 27 and 24 points to the 3-13 Giants. We've also played the Falcons in 2016, the 2017 postseason, and 2018, giving up 15, 10, and 12 points respectively, a top 10 offense in points in all those years. I honestly don't know what to make of it. The best explanation I have is that the defense relies on pressure too much, allowing for very variable results on a game per game basis.

Apropos pressure, it sucks to have lost Malik Jackson possibly for the season.
    i gotchu, its all good. Im just justifying my reasoning after week 1 IMO Dallas looked better. Giants scored 1st early but Dallas was in complete control of the rest of the game against a lesser team. Eagles played a horrible half and a great half against a lesser team.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

i gotchu, its all good. Im just justifying my reasoning after week 1 IMO Dallas looked better. Giants scored 1st early but Dallas was in complete control of the rest of the game against a lesser team. Eagles played a horrible half and a great half against a lesser team.
    Horrible first quarter, but agreed with rest.

Horrible first quarter, but agreed with rest.
    Fair enough

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

People need to stop debating and just appreciate the amount of talented young QBs in the NFL ‼️

Carson Wentz is OUTSTANDING

Patrick Mahomes is PHENOMENAL

Deshaun Watson is ELECTRIFYING

Dak Prescott

Lamar Jackson is REVOLUTIONARY

People need to stop debating and just appreciate the amount of talented young QBs in the NFL ‼️

Dak Prescott

Dwayne Haskins is PITIFUL

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Dak Prescott

I see your Dak slight by omission - How about Dak Prescott is TOUGH

Page 6 of 91 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast