Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 249 of 289 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 4327
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Nah, don't think that can continue now because it was pretty obvious when it happened last year. Moore is an aggressive play caller and Garrett is a conservative one. When we saw overly conservative game plans you know Garrett was taking over more (like in road games). McCarthy was one of the most aggressive coaches when he was in GB. I really doubt it will be obvious any more.

I'm not really sure what your beef is with the assessment that Garrett tended to push for more conservative play calls at critical moments. It's pretty clear that was the case.
    Itís so odd that McCarthy was so insistent on calling plays in greenbay but comes to Dallas to give up play calling duties. I wonder if this is Jerry Jones stepping in once again.

Your baby can't do this

McCarthy was one of the most aggressive coaches when he was in GB.
    Is he the same McCarthy, who during the Packers' NFCCG loss to the Seahawks in 2015, decided to kick a field goal at 4th and goal from the 1-yard line not once but *twice*?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Is he the same McCarthy, who during the Packers' NFCCG loss to the Seahawks in 2015, decided to kick a field goal at 4th and goal from the 1-yard line not once but *twice*?
    One moment is not indicative of his whole career. Jason Garrett also went for it on 4th down a few times before the fourth quarter. Doesn't mean that was common for him to do. I shared the tweets in the McCarthy hiring thread, but those numbers say McCarthy is one of the most aggressive coaches in the NFL when it comes to going for it on 4th down while Garrett was the most conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Itís so odd that McCarthy was so insistent on calling plays in greenbay but comes to Dallas to give up play calling duties. I wonder if this is Jerry Jones stepping in once again.
    I'm not sure. It doesn't seem like JJ has had too much of a hand in shaping the coaching staff here. I know he liked Moore but the decision was left to McCarthy on who to keep and who to let go. My feeling is McCarthy talked with Moore and liked what he heard. It's also worth mentioning that during his pre-head coach hiring media blitz he did (where he played himself up a bunch to NFL Network and others) one of the plays he spoke glowingly about was one called by Moore. So there is that.

I'm not sure. It doesn't seem like JJ has had too much of a hand in shaping the coaching staff here. I know he liked Moore but the decision was left to McCarthy on who to keep and who to let go. My feeling is McCarthy talked with Moore and liked what he heard. It's also worth mentioning that during his pre-head coach hiring media blitz he did (where he played himself up a bunch to NFL Network and others) one of the plays he spoke glowingly about was one called by Moore. So there is that.
    Yes Moore did plenty of good things this year to shake up the Cowboy offense. Let's all keep in mind that Dallas lost several key games this year that came down to poor special teams plays and big plays given up on defense. One can easily surmise that if they had even a replacement level FG kicker they would have likely won the division.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Yes Moore did plenty of good things this year to shake up the Cowboy offense. Let's all keep in mind that Dallas lost several key games this year that came down to poor special teams plays and big plays given up on defense. One can easily surmise that if they had even a replacement level FG kicker they would have likely won the division.
    And if eagles WR could catch, philly wins a minimum of 3 more games.

**** happens for all teams.

That, and Dak not ******** the bed against good teams.

Garrett hired as giants OC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Garrett hired as giants OC

Honestly I like the hire. He brings experience and stability to go along with Judge. He should be a good OC

Honestly I like the hire. He brings experience and stability to go along with Judge. He should be a good OC
    I like it too. Wasnít thrilled at the thought of him being HC but his experience can be valuable especially in the nfc East

I'm not sure. It doesn't seem like JJ has had too much of a hand in shaping the coaching staff here.
    Just give it a season or two, and you might end up again with a HC who doesn't call plays, an OC who doesn't call plays, and a DC who doesn't call plays.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    That, and Dak not ******** the bed against good teams.
    He played plenty good against Vikings and Packers - not the reason they lost to those two teams that would have been seasonal pivot games. But ya he just sucks doesn't he since it is much easier to continue the anti cowboy dogma than actually watch the game and look at the statistics. His worst games of his career came when he had the last quarter of season dual injuries of the shoulder and cracked finger on throwing hand. As I said before Cowboys organizationally lost the division because of poor coaching (keep going for FGs when kicker cant kick) and ownership not willing to move on until it was too late.

He played plenty good against Vikings and Packers - not the reason they lost to those two teams that would have been seasonal pivot games. But ya he just sucks doesn't he since it is much easier to continue the anti cowboy dogma than actually watch the game and look at the statistics. His worst games of his career came when he had the last quarter of season dual injuries of the shoulder and cracked finger on throwing hand. As I said before Cowboys organizationally lost the division because of poor coaching (keep going for FGs when kicker cant kick) and ownership not willing to move on until it was too late.
    He had decent games against the rams and skins in the last quarter of this season and had bad games against NE and NO prior to the last quarter of the season.

Iím either confused by your points or you just did exactly what you claimed he does (not watch games or look at stats).

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    He had decent games against the rams and skins in the last quarter of this season and had bad games against NE and NO prior to the last quarter of the season.

Iím either confused by your points or you just did exactly what you claimed he does (not watch games or look at stats).

Dak was only injured against the bears and the eagles and was magically healed against the rams and redskins.

Your baby can't do this

So heís injury prone?