Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 253 of 289 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 4325
  1. #3781
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    85,583
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Yes they played better then AJ and NA . Sanders was the MVP of the offense towards the end . Killer on third down .
    Of course they played better than an injured AJ and an out of position (and injured) NA. It took a few weeks, but Carson got the most he could get out of them, thatís for sure.

    Boston Scott was more of the unsung 3rd down mvp, but sanders really played well late too.

    Good to see 11 drag them to the playoffs, showed a lot of leadership.

  2. #3782
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    85,583
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I like Nolan but Iím not blown away by retreads . Maurice Languist ? I think I spelled it right could end up being the future of the defense . Not gonna pretend I even knew who he was but Apparently he was one of the most respected assistants in college as well as the highest paid . Seems like a really good hire .
    I thought Kris Richard was supposed to be this magical defense whisperer and that Maranelli was just in his way.

  3. #3783
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    15,955
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I thought Kris Richard was supposed to be this magical defense whisperer and that Maranelli was just in his way.
    Was he ? I liked him because he had some fire in him . I canít really say his play calling was on point I thought heíd make a better HC after what I saw last year . I donít really follow college so Iíll choose to not argue with the entire college universe regarding this guy . Has to be a reason why heís so respected and well paid... and actually mourned ..the aggies are still not over losing him .

  4. #3784
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,014
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Btw, cowboy fans, what position would you guys want to upgrade in the draft? Itíll be interesting to see if the eagles leap frog the cowboys again like they did before the eagles took Dallas Goedert.

    Two positions Iíd want the eagles to upgrade at early in the draft is WR or CB (preferably both) for obvious reasons. Would also like seeing LB or S, but thatís less likely in my opinion.
    Cowboys need a S IMO. That's the position they need to target. An upgrade there would do wonders for the team. Signing a FA S would be fine too, but we need someone.

    I think Eagles need a WR for sure. They should target that early, I think this is supposed to be a good WR class too right?

  5. #3785
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,014
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    As someone that wishes nothing but the worst for both teams wentz is for sure the better more talented quarterback. He has only allowed this to be a discussion because of his tendency to get injured. Dak is more reliable and a good QB in his own right but if both guys are at their best I think wentz has a significant edge in ability. Hopefully he can put the injuries behind him hate seeing anyoneís career get derailed like that.

    I did find it curious that Philly didnít make more of an investment in backup QB. I assume they will this offseason.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know if it's a significant edge anymore with the strides Dak has made, but I do think Wentz has the edge all else equal too.

  6. #3786
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    15,955
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Of course they played better than an injured AJ and an out of position (and injured) NA. It took a few weeks, but Carson got the most he could get out of them, thatís for sure.

    Boston Scott was more of the unsung 3rd down mvp, but sanders really played well late too.

    Good to see 11 drag them to the playoffs, showed a lot of leadership.
    Once again it was DP that changed the offense and got them in the playoffs . I could have made most of those throws they asked of Wentz . His YPA were 6.6 . But as bad as that is I bet the last 4 games ... you know the ones they actually won ... were even lower . Iím thinking around 5 . Screen after screen after screen after screen mixed in with a rollout 7 yarder ... lol.. yeah 11 really carried that team 🤣🤣 ....exactly like Tannehill carried Tenesee ... actually they asked more of Tannehill he went down field way more then Wentz . Way more .

  7. #3787
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    85,583
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Once again it was DP that changed the offense and got them in the playoffs . I could have made most of those throws they asked of Wentz . His YPA were 6.6 . But as bad as that is I bet the last 4 games ... you know the ones they actually won ... were even lower . Iím thinking around 5 . Screen after screen after screen after screen mixed in with a rollout 7 yarder ... lol.. yeah 11 really carried that team 🤣🤣 ....exactly like Tannehill carried Tenesee ... actually they asked more of Tannehill he went down field way more then Wentz . Way more .
    The ignorance in this post is astounding. Well done.

  8. #3788
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    15,955
    Wait .... wait 1 minute .... for 4 years everyone has cried bloody murder that Wins are a team stat whenever somebody brought up only Tom Brady wins more regular season games then Dak ... and now ...🤣🤣🤣🤣 .. wait I have to gather myself .... and now 11 lead his team to the playoffs 😂😂😂😂 with screen passes 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤮🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤮🤮🤣🤣🤮🤮🤢🤮 😂🤣🤮🤢🤮😂🤔

  9. #3789
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    15,955
    Vs Dallas they scored 7 points in the final 3 quarters at home vs a entire staff of dead men walking ...lol.. impressive 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

  10. #3790
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    85,583
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Wait .... wait 1 minute .... for 4 years everyone has cried bloody murder that Wins are a team stat whenever somebody brought up only Tom Brady wins more regular season games then Dak ... and now ...🤣🤣🤣🤣 .. wait I have to gather myself .... and now 11 lead his team to the playoffs 😂😂😂😂 with screen passes 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤮🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤮🤮🤣🤣🤮🤮🤢🤮 😂🤣🤮🤢🤮😂🤔
    Wins are a team stat.
    Wentz carried his team to the NFCE title.

    Both of those statements can be true.

    #DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

  11. #3791
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    85,583
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Vs Dallas they scored 7 points in the final 3 quarters at home vs a entire staff of dead men walking ...lol.. impressive 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Maybe Dak should be more clutch, or a better leader of men? Why did everyone quit on him? Weird.

    #DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

  12. #3792
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    34,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Maybe he will end up joining Jason Witten with the Giants. I would actually love to see the Cowboys make an offer to him in FA but I donít see Stephen Jones doing that. They donít offer contracts to guys 30 or older, especially free agents from other teams.

    As for the Cowboys defense, they havenít officially said what type of defense they will be running. From my understanding though Nolan is more of a 3-4 guy so it makes sense to think thatís what they will end up running. I would think that theyíd have to stay in a 4-3 this season though as they acquire the talent needed for a 3-4. Jaylen and LVE should thrive in a 3-4. Lawrence is going to have to drop a little weight but shouldnít have any trouble transitioning to a 3-4 OLB. I think Quinn is gone. I thought that though before the end of the season. He had a good season and is going to get a nice payday.

    Iím keeping an eye on changes to the CBA too. If weed is taken off of the banned list then expect Randy Gregory to be back. Before he was suspended the Cowboys signed him to a 2 year deal. I also think they will draft someone for that role. I also think they will end up resigning Byron Jones.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ertz is still under contract and I donít think they would cut him because he still has a ton of value. Only way that I see them moving on from ertz is if they have a chance to trade him to move up in the draft for one of those highly touted WRs. Even that is a long shot because ertz is close with wentz and the organization loves ertz, plus ertz was huge in the super bowl which it looks like Howie is rewarding the super bowl guys (though it also sounds like he realizes that he needs to change some things).

    Yeah I was thinking your linebackers would do well and probably thrive in a 3-4, itís the defensive line that I wonder about. I guess free agency and the draft will tell us a lot if they target 3-4 guys. Regardless, these days most teams donít stay in a base defense for too long, Iíd assume that they will run both 4-3 and 3-4.

    Randy Gregory is an interesting scenario because heís supposedly most comfortable in a 3-4. That being said, I still donít think the NFL will allow weed this year. I still think they are pretty far away from that, like a year or two. They are usually last in sports when these things happen, and the MLB just changed their policy a few weeks ago. I think the NFL prefers to wait and see how other sports react to change before they jump in

    Your baby can't do this

  13. #3793
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    85,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Cowboys need a S IMO. That's the position they need to target. An upgrade there would do wonders for the team. Signing a FA S would be fine too, but we need someone.

    I think Eagles need a WR for sure. They should target that early, I think this is supposed to be a good WR class too right?
    I'd be fine grabbing the best WR available (possibly moving up for one of the big 3) and rolling with AJ, DJax, JJAW, Greg Ward and the Rookie. Let JJAW/GW/Rookie battle it out.

    I hope we continue to utilize 2 TE sets but just add speed to the mix. That's all that was missing, IMO, speed. Carson showed what he can do with Desean, albeit it was one game but that element absolutely changes things. Just look at KC. Their receivers aren't any better than most, they beat you with speed in open spaces.

    Those WR's (healthy), TE's and a combo of Sanders/Scott/Clement along with the OL and I'd be all good on offense.

    Would love a playmaking LB and of course look to get better at CB.

    #DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

  14. #3794
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    34,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Cowboys need a S IMO. That's the position they need to target. An upgrade there would do wonders for the team. Signing a FA S would be fine too, but we need someone.

    I think Eagles need a WR for sure. They should target that early, I think this is supposed to be a good WR class too right?
    I wonder if the cowboys will go after a top safety in free agency like Simmons or Harris. I bet they will franchise dak, they will have a lot of money so they can go after one of those guys if they want to.

    This is supposedly a deep draft for WRs, especially at the top. I think PFF is predicting like 6 or 7 WRs to be taken in the first round. I just think the eagles have been bad at drafting WRs before because they donít go after top guys and wait for guys to fall to them. If they trade up and get one of those highly touted guys, I think itís a lot more likely that they pan out.

    Your baby can't do this

  15. #3795
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    34,160
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'd be fine grabbing the best WR available (possibly moving up for one of the big 3) and rolling with AJ, DJax, JJAW, Greg Ward and the Rookie. Let JJAW/GW/Rookie battle it out.

    I hope we continue to utilize 2 TE sets but just add speed to the mix. That's all that was missing, IMO, speed. Carson showed what he can do with Desean, albeit it was one game but that element absolutely changes things. Just look at KC. Their receivers aren't any better than most, they beat you with speed in open spaces.

    Those WR's (healthy), TE's and a combo of Sanders/Scott/Clement along with the OL and I'd be all good on offense.

    Would love a playmaking LB and of course look to get better at CB.
    I hope they keep using two TE sets too, but yeah ultimately they need speed big time.

    Your baby can't do this

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •