Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    32nd against the pass by what metric? While their defensive backs weren't amazing, they still had a very good pass rush. They were 11th in passing touchdowns again them. 30th in passing yards against. 24th in completion percentage against. 15th in passing rating against. 10th most sacks in the league and tops in QB hits. Pro Football Reference also rates the Eagles defense at 20th in terms of expected points contributed by the passing defense (not sure how that's calculated though). All in all, not a good secondary but a very good pass rushing team and an overall average passing defense.

Even if the Eagles aren't the best example, there are other teams in there he did well against too including the Seahawks and Rams in the playoffs. If we want to compare apples to apples, we can also look at Wentz and Prescott vs the Redskins this year where they both had very good individual performances.

I think it's unfair to constantly throw Dak under the bus when he plays poorly and then also discount anytime he plays well by saying it is always something else that leads to his success. If he plays well, it's a bad defense or because he has so many stars around him. If he plays poorly it's because he sucks. There is rarely an opportunity to actually give him credit as a good player.

I've not been the biggest Dak supporter at all (I think that's been fairly clear), but as far as I can tell he has really turned a corner this year. His decision making is much quicker, he doesn't hold the ball too long nearly as often, and he is actually reading defenses and making pre-snap adjustments, something he did not do a lot of previously. While I'm still not 100% on this improvement (he has shown flashes before), I've never been more encouraged by his play than these two games.
    32nd was an exaggeration but it's not exactly news that the eagles were terrible against the pass in 2018. If PFF says they were 20th, well that's below average.

Again, I've said this quite a few times but I think Dak is playing amazing right now, I just don't know if we've seen him get a legit test to see how good he really has become.

Your baby can't do this

32nd against the pass by what metric? While their defensive backs weren't amazing, they still had a very good pass rush. They were 11th in passing touchdowns again them. 30th in passing yards against. 24th in completion percentage against. 15th in passing rating against. 10th most sacks in the league and tops in QB hits. Pro Football Reference also rates the Eagles defense at 20th in terms of expected points contributed by the passing defense (not sure how that's calculated though). All in all, not a good secondary but a very good pass rushing team and an overall average passing defense.
    15th in pass defense DVOA. I'm not gonna pooh-pooh our defense just to downplay Dak.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    32nd was an exaggeration but it's not exactly news that the eagles were terrible against the pass in 2018. If PFF says they were 20th, well that's below average.

Again, I've said this quite a few times but I think Dak is playing amazing right now, I just don't know if we've seen him get a legit test to see how good he really has become.
    The bolded is fair. But basically what he has done so far is what an elite QB ought to do against poor defenses: carve them up. Can he keep it up? We will see. It's at least somewhat clear that Linehan was holding the offense back. They are taking a ton more shots down the field now and it's paying off in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    15th in pass defense DVOA. I'm not gonna pooh-pooh our defense just to downplay Dak.
    Seems about right to me.

Even if the Eagles aren't the best example, there are other teams in there he did well against too including the Seahawks and Rams in the playoffs. If we want to compare apples to apples, we can also look at Wentz and Prescott vs the Redskins this year where they both had very good individual performances.

I think it's unfair to constantly throw Dak under the bus when he plays poorly and then also discount anytime he plays well by saying it is always something else that leads to his success. If he plays well, it's a bad defense or because he has so many stars around him. If he plays poorly it's because he sucks. There is rarely an opportunity to actually give him credit as a good player.

I've not been the biggest Dak supporter at all (I think that's been fairly clear), but as far as I can tell he has really turned a corner this year. His decision making is much quicker, he doesn't hold the ball too long nearly as often, and he is actually reading defenses and making pre-snap adjustments, something he did not do a lot of previously. While I'm still not 100% on this improvement (he has shown flashes before), I've never been more encouraged by his play than these two games.
    Regardless of overall defensive metrics, surf likes to point out that 2nd game vs Philly to pimp Dak. He refuses to understand that if an average level starter is hurt that his backups backup is likely not going to be very good. That’s who Dak abused that night, practice squad fodder.

NFC East Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    According to football outsiders they were 16th and that's average but thing is they started the year better but really tailed off towards the middle of the year and towards the end (which is when the eagles played Dallas). Still lines up with everything I'm saying..

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Regardless of overall defensive metrics, surf likes to point out that 2nd game vs Philly to pimp Dak. He refuses to understand that if an average level starter is hurt that his backups backup is likely not going to be very good. That’s who Dak abused that night, practice squad fodder.
    True, but that's what good quarterbacks should do. It will be nice to see them run up against an elite defense to get an idea of the other side of the coin, but for now we can only judge based on what we've seen him do.

I actually don't think too much of last year's games. Dak had games where he put up good numbers but I wasn't convinced he was an elite passer. He's shown a lot more in the two games this year beyond just stats that lead me to believe in him much more than I did previously.

The bolded is fair. But basically what he has done so far is what an elite QB ought to do against poor defenses: carve them up. Can he keep it up? We will see. It's at least somewhat clear that Linehan was holding the offense back. They are taking a ton more shots down the field now and it's paying off in a big way.
    Exactly... Can he keep it up

Your baby can't do this

Like coming into the season I would have been upset if they'd handed him $30M a year. I was kind of in on the MM being a decent replacement because of the cost issue. But my mind is changing on that. Would I rather have Wentz right now? Talent-wise, yeah for sure. But Prescott is getting closer.

Like coming into the season I would have been upset if they'd handed him $30M a year. I was kind of in on the MM being a decent replacement because of the cost issue. But my mind is changing on that. Would I rather have Wentz right now? Talent-wise, yeah for sure. But Prescott is getting closer.
    Yeah Iv said I’d take Wentz to but I don’t know anymore . He’s not really consistently good he seems to be average at best when going through a regular offense then when they are behind makes a few spectacular plays to get them back in the game. Can you really depend on that ? Plus he’s taking a beating doing it.

I want to see him against a better defense before I’ll agree.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Yeah Iv said I’d take Wentz to but I don’t know anymore . He’s not really consistently good he seems to be average at best when going through a regular offense then when they are behind makes a few spectacular plays to get them back in the game. Can you really depend on that ? Plus he’s taking a beating doing it.
    You mean once he gets through the “scripted” plays? Supposedly that’s getting jettisoned. Wentz needs to be in full control from snap 1.

There’s talks in Philly the scripted plays may not be good for him.

You mean once he gets through the “scripted” plays? Supposedly that’s getting jettisoned. Wentz needs to be in full control from snap 1.
    He will never make the whole season having to do what he did last week . That’s how quaterbacks get killed. Healthy ones.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    There’s talks in Philly the scripted plays may not be good for him.
    I've been saying this since early 2017.. I don't understand Doug scripting the beginning of games, it obviously doesn't work.. When Wentz controls the offense, that's what works

Your baby can't do this

He should get a nice stat padding day at home vs. Detroit .

Page 27 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast