Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    He's probably sobbing into his Tyrod Taylor jersey right now because he can't say he told us so.
    Allen has more turnovers today than Tyrod his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    We need a lot of development moving forward. O for infinity when throwing long again. The cheerleaders will say, the Bills won the game. People who know the sports will say the Jets lost the game. Fact is, if we can’t throw long, this isn’t a sustainable format to win in this league. The good thing is our defense is for real.
    A win is a win. Sometimes it's ugly. Doesn't really matter in the end how the game was won, the Bills are 1-0.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Allen has more turnovers today than Tyrod his entire career.
    Taylor is holding for place kickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Singletary has great vision. He isn't the most athletically gifted RB, but man he can see the field.
    Great motor too.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Great motor too.
    I was impressed with the way he played today. Caught 5 of his 6 targets and managed 70 yards on only 4 attempts. For a guy that only touched the ball 9 times, he certainly was noticeable.

12 career starts for Allen. 4 game winning drives.

The cheerleaders will say, the Bills won the game. People who know the sports will say the Jets lost the game.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night for being wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong about what. That Allen can’t throw the ball over 20 yards. Am I wrong about saying he is a turnover machine all summer and first game of the year he nearly breaks Petermans record. What am I wrong about. That in college, while other QBs that will never play in the nfl threw for 300 yards against the opponents Allen couldn’t even hit 150 a game. I’m not sure what you all are seeing that says I am wrong?

Back in the day someone here said Tyrod just wasn’t giving the team a sustainable offense to not only get us to the playoffs, but to do damage in the playoffs. Believe me, I understood that. But what the hell are you guys seeing with Allen that shows that the game he played today is a sustainable offense.

This team won 4 games last year and you all know, we should have lost today. 4 TOS and the missed an extra point and field goal and it amazes me that you are all confident moving forward. I just got off the phone with a former player of the Bills, guess what? You guys are happier than even the coach is right now, which makes me happy, because perhaps since he is as disgusted as many real fan are, changes will be made. In the locker room every player considers this game a LOSS, but I’m talking to cheerleaders so it is what it is.
    Last edited by sabres11; 09-08-2019 at 08:13 PM.

Put your knowledge out on the board. Make your predictions for the season. So when they are completely wrong I can laugh and make fun of it. As I said, we have a losing season, McDermott, Bean and Allen are goners. Let’s here it on the boards how good Allen and this team will be.

And look back at my predictions on the other thread, when I said our defense is good enough to win 14-3 9-6, but that is only if Allen is somewhat capable. Here we are now. 1game in, we won because of defense and if they hit a field goal or extra point, we would have lost, which is proving it is hard to even say Allen is capable.
    Last edited by sabres11; 09-08-2019 at 08:23 PM.

BILLS Vs JETS WEEK 1 Game Day Thread.

Dude all I was saying was that you were wrong about the bills losing today. You clearly said it in the original post that I quoted. I didn’t need your life story in return.

Are you this way in real life?

Last edited by Driven; 09-08-2019 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Dude all I was saying was that you were wrong about the bills losing today. You clearly said it in the original post that I quoted. I didn’t need your life story in return.

Are you this way in real life?

I think he posts drunk most of the time and just regurgitates what he hears hosts ramble on about on the radio.

Sabres - the issue here is that you trashed the Bills, especially Allen all game, and said they were going to lose and they didn't. You won't admit that you're wrong and instead just continue.

Not all of us are super high on Allen, but we can admit that the 1st half was terrible, while acknowledging that they played well in the 2nd half.

What you saw is the 2nd biggest difference between Tyrod and Allen, the first of which is overall aggressiveness. When the Bills were down with Tyrod at QB, they could not come back. There was a point where the Bills lost every game once they were down by a TD or more with Tyrod. He was a game manager, and like other game managers, he's not winning games and needs a lead to secure (manage) a win. Like Allen or not, he's already been 20x better than Tyrod or any recent Bills QB in this area in the 11 or 12 games that he's played.

Again, you can be down on Allen, while also recognizing that he's shown enough flashes to warrant waiting to see this play out. It doesn't have to be either or. I actually agree with you about some of the concerns you raise about Allen, but you take it to the extreme. He's definitely had BOTH good and bad moments.
    Last edited by smood999; 09-09-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Longest completed air distance yesterday:

Allen - 42.5 yards
    Darnold - 27.7 yards

Allen posted the 4th highest adjusted completion percentage of all week 1 QBs to play so far.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Not all of us are super high on Allen, but we can admit that the 1st half was terrible, while acknowledging that they played well in the 2nd half.

What you saw is the 2nd biggest difference between Tyrod and Allen, the first of which is overall aggressiveness. When the Bills were down with Tyrod at QB, they could not come back. There was a point where the Bills lost every game once they were down by a TD or more with Tyrod. He was a game manager, and like other game managers, he's not winning games and needs a lead to secure (manage) a win. Like Allen or not, he's already been 20x better than Tyrod or any recent Bills QB in this area in the 11 or 12 games that he's playede`.
    New to the forum here, but to address this, the offense did not play well except in the 4th Quarter when it logged half of its yards and only against a D that had largely dominated it thru 3 Qs prior to Moseley having gone out.

In the first 9 drives we averaged 21 yards-per-drive and 63 yards/quarter with no scores, not even a sniff of the Jets red zone much less the end zone.

In the 4th Q the Jet D was disarrayed, slopppy, and otherwise ineffective due to Mosely coming out. Imagine our D minus Edmunds and with the Jet secondary. About the same. The only two effective drives were in the 4th Q, 85 yards apiece, both for scores.

As to Taylor not mounting comebacks, he had five comebacks/game-winning-drives in three seasons with the team. One of which was against the 9-7 playoff team Texans in '15 and another against the 10-6 playoff Falcons in '27.

Taylor's team scored 30 in the Texans game and 23 in the Falcons game, 30, 28, and 14 otherwise.

Sure, technically Allen's had four comeback/game-winning-drive games thus far, but he's also been like Bledsoe, at least partially having to come back against his own crappy play. In three of those four we scored 16 or fewer points, 16 yesterday, 13 in two other games, in which Allen posted a combined 3 passing TDs and 1 INT. One of those games he had 82 passing yards on 10 of 19, 0 TDs and 1 INT, so the designation is somewhat questionable in terms of viability. Bledsoe had a habit of playing like garbage for 3 Qs, having the hold out against junky teams, and then having a good drive to end the game, often against a prevent, then mounting a "comeback win."

In his 4 comebacks/GWDs, Allen's averaged 175 passing yards, has had 3 passing TDs, 3 INTs, and ratings of 42.0, 71.2, 89.3, and 89.8.

In his 5 comebacks Taylor averaged 185 passing yards/game, had 7 TDs, 0 INTs, and ratings of 96.5, 97.4, 106.7, 114.6, and 127.2.

What the belief amongst players or fans is no one can control, but that's the reality of the situation.

Another reality is that Allen already has as many TOs in one game as Taylor had all of 2017. One of the things that Allen has to learn to control is his TOs, particularly his INTs. That's what doomed Kizer in Cleveland, who had a comparable rookie season otherwise.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast